Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
If you were Carlton or the dogs would you trade pick 12-18 for May and a future second? Both ( especially Carlton ) should be in multiple finals series and deep for the next few years. May could win you a flag or 2 like Brian Lake did for Hawthorn

I would offer same deal for any of Tmac, May, Tomlinson, Turner. They can take there pick. They can have Adams while they are at it.

We can use the pick to snare Joe Berry with it and **** off Chandler at the same time.

Last edited:
If you were Carlton or the dogs would you trade pick 12-18 for May and a future second? Both ( especially Carlton ) should be in multiple finals series and deep for the next few years. May could win you a flag or 2 like Brian Lake did for Hawthorn

No.
Tom Barass is being targeted as a 29yo KPD. I donā€™t like the move but he is younger than May and cost is going to be similar. I think we are fine with our KPD ranks and have Busslinger and Croft both being developed in that role.

We also donā€™t have our first rounder.

Carlton love big name players, so they would be all over May for that price.

No.
Tom Barass is being targeted as a 29yo KPD. I donā€™t like the move but he is younger than May and cost is going to be similar. I think we are fine with our KPD ranks and have Busslinger and Croft both being developed in that role.

We also donā€™t have our first rounder.

Carlton love big name players, so they would be all over May for that price.
Carlton was who I suggested first. Pick 15 does nothing for them next year, Steven May could win them a flag.

Trading May?

I don't think the club has the cojones to pull the trigger.

This is the same club that turned down a top 15 pick from Adelaide in exchange for Harrison Petty because he is a "required player".

Puh-lease.....Petty has barely strung together 5 good games in his career. He is the Tom Sparrow of KPP's.

Trading May?

This is the same club that turned down a top 15 pick from Adelaide in exchange for Harrison Petty because he is a "required player".

Puh-lease.....Petty has barely strung together 5 good games in his career. He is the Tom Sparrow of KPP's.
That's really generous to Tom Sparrow.

Trading May?

I don't think anyone thinks we'll trade may out. We're more likely to try and trade in some 32 year old key forward like Sam Reid to try an win it next year as our missing piece

Petty has barely strung together 5 good games in his career. He is the Tom Sparrow of KPP's.
Tom Sparrow has strung 92 underwhelming Tom Sparrow games together. Consistency king.

Last edited:
Michaelangelo Rucci who is an Adelaide based sports journo reported earlier this year that Petty basically wasnā€™t keen on Adelaide anymore, Iā€™d honestly be surprised if he moved now.

Why would he have been? We're flush for Key Defenders, and despite the ladder position have one of the best defences in the comp across a lot of metrics.

Not sure where to ask this. I am a disability support worker. I work with a client who is a dees supporter and lives near the city.

Does the team ever train up this way? If so what day?

Not sure where to ask this. I am a disability support worker. I work with a client who is a dees supporter and lives near the city.

Does the team ever train up this way? If so what day?
Keep an eye on this page: https://www.melbournefc.com.au/teams/training-times

There's a session (time TBC) on Friday at Gosch's Paddock, just across from Richmond train station.

Generally they rotate between Gosch's and Casey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heā€™s one Iā€™ve liked too. Could definitely shoot you the order. Has been great at SANFL senior level.
Would be ideal for us, skills with run and carry thru the midfield, leader, hard worker. Cant see him falling past the Crows unfortunately.

I donā€™t trust any kid coming out of SANFL since the Toumpas incident.

SANFL is fine, the issue was we picked a guy who was winning the vast amount of his possessions uncontested, then had a hip operation which hurt his speed. Then factor in he was coming into a god awful club and it was always going to be a big bust.

This kid is an absolute jet. Watched his championships game and he's got a good mix of Joel Selwood and Chad Warner in terms of brute strength and power off the mark.
Reminds me a lot of McKercher coming out last year honestly with his ability to work through traffic, link up, run and kicking skills. Just a right footer instead of a left.

There was talk from the experts that he'd be there in the 7-10 range a month or so ago, not a chance I reckon, top 3 pick written all over him.
Twomey has him at 9 in his phantom form guide.

I love him too but I saw a couple of his highlights that were a bit meh, so maybe consistency might push him back a bit? Massive ceiling though.

Probably a bit more explosive than McKercher over 10ms too. Would take something pretty special to be picked ahead of him. The only weakness he has to my eye is absolutely no left foot, but in todays game that really isnt that big a deal, uses the outside of his right foot very well when caught on the wrong side to still hit passes.

Twomey has him at 9 in his phantom form guide.

I love him too but I saw a couple of his highlights that were a bit meh, so consistency might push him back a bit. Massive ceiling though.
I cant see him getting past Adelaide, when you add in his intangibles like leadership, think his stock will only get higher at the combine.

Sam Reid retires, Melbourne's draft strategy thrown into disarray

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread šŸ—‘šŸ”„

Remove this Banner Ad

Back