Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:

Hinkley is the one coach I wouldn't trade Goody for
I dont think hes a great coach at all but Hinkley plays attacking footy, would be a nice novelty for a season before he gets the ass and is replaced. Wouldnt it be nice to have a coach that places an emphasis on scoring instead of contest and defense for one season?

I dont think hes a great coach at all but Hinkley plays attacking footy, would be a nice novelty for a season before he gets the ass and is replaced. Wouldnt it be nice to have a coach that places an emphasis on scoring instead of contest and defense for one season?

I'd like us to play attacking footy too, I think you need to these days to win premierships. Ken is even worse at finals footy than Goody in that regard and his team are flat track bullies every year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm president of the Dan Houston Fan Club (would instantly be one of my favourite Melbourne players), but yeah, don't go mortgaging our future on a 28-year-old half-back flanker.

If we somehow managed to pull off 3-4 big signings in areas of need for one last push with Gawn and May, sure. But just adding Houston to our current list won't take us anywhere near a flag and will just indicate that the club is prolonging the inevitable.

As an aside, even on Twitter the Poort fans are calling for Koz and a first :$
He is rated the best kick in the comp and plays in the backline becasue Port need him there. Where prior to Port's emerging midfield, he excelled when playing on the ball. Other clubs will soon be makings offers at year end where Port will probable say no. Next year is looking more likely

He is rated the best kick in the comp and plays in the backline becasue Port need him there. Where prior to Port's emerging midfield, he excelled when playing on the ball. Other clubs will soon be makings offers at year end where Port will probable say no. Next year is looking more likely
bored gravity falls GIF

Not sure about the Mrs wants to return home stuff given he signed a long term deal with Port, that seems like a made up show me sympathy excuse. To me this feels more like a Petty from last year with the Crows situation, we've offered him big money, probably a fair chunk more than he's currently on and what other Victorian side's can given we have a fair bit of money coming off the books this offseason.. if that is true i would expect him to be at Port or Melbourne next year. If you stay at two firsts as an asking price it most likely will be Port.

Last edited:
Not sure about the Mrs wants to return home stuff given he signed a long term deal with Port, that seems like a made up show me sympathy excuse. To me this feels more like a Petty from last year with the Crows situation, we've offered him big money, probably a fair chunk more than he's currently on and what other Victorian side's can given we have a fair bit of money coming off the books this offseason.. if that is true i would expect him to be at Port or Melbourne next year. If you stay at two firsts as an asking price it most likely will be Port.

Yep, reckon thatā€™s what weā€™ve done too. Gone around throwing big contracts at a bunch of guys trying to lure one here.

2 firsts and we better be getting Butters or Rozee

That would be pick 8 maybe this year and pick 16-20 next year?

Melbourne generally get deals done and that's a pretty fair price for a in form All Australian who currently has 90 score involvements off half back this year along with 500 ave metres gained?

Then there's leadership and character with very strong evidence Port should have made him captain this year? ( There's a touch of Shaun Burgoyne about this I'm sure.)

Injury history?

Throw in Melbourne obviously head hunting him and 3 year's to go on his contract?

It can be dragged out but whatever you land with pick 8 and 18 next year had better be worthwhile when they are ready in 3 years and Melbournes window has closed if things fell over.

Both Melbourne and Port get deals done I believe and it's something that could happen day one of the trade period.

That would be pick 8 maybe this year and pick 16-20 next year?

Melbourne generally get deals done and that's a pretty fair price for a in form All Australian who currently has 90 score involvements off half back this year along with 500 ave metres gained?

Then there's leadership and character with very strong evidence Port should have made him captain this year? ( There's a touch of Shaun Burgoyne about this I'm sure.)

Injury history?

Throw in Melbourne obviously head hunting him and 3 year's to go on his contract?

It can be dragged out but whatever you land with pick 8 and 18 next year had better be worthwhile when they are ready in 3 years and Melbournes window has closed if things fell over.

Both Melbourne and Port get deals done I believe and it's something that could happen day one of the trade period.
Who says the window is still open? No one is saying Houston isnt good but koolaid drinking and assuming we will be picking 16-20 next year coz we have Houston is the last thing this club should be doing right now. Has backfire written all over it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread šŸ—‘šŸ”„

Remove this Banner Ad

Back