Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
You guys need a new coach. You can trade in players as much as you want but without a new system, you are wasting the careers of the good players that you have.

No way should you be playing a high zone when you have Fritsch, Pickett & Langdon. These guys need space and not a congested forward half to work in.
Agree, only been saying it since 2022

You guys need a new coach. You can trade in players as much as you want but without a new system, you are wasting the careers of the good players that you have.

No way should you be playing a high zone when you have Fritsch, Pickett & Langdon. These guys need space and not a congested forward half to work in.

And a list manager who doesnā€™t give up a first rounder + 2 2nd rounders for run of the mill players like Tholstrupp.

Or trade in vfl plodders like Hunter, Billings, Schache, Dunstan, Fullerton and Mcadam while giving 7 year $1m+ a year contracts to blokes which mental health issues.

Would be a horrific decision by us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He's the type we need though. His kicking is elite. Arguably the best kick in the comp. But giving up 2 firsts when we have so many holes now would just be the tipping point for a lot of people. I'm honestly expecting Lamb to do it because he's so bad at his job.

Goody: "Get Houston, I don't care how much he costs just get him, he's the missing piece".

Lamb: "But we could use that draft captial on trading other players or the draft".

Goody: "Just do it you simpleton, I'm the head coach!"

Micho and Crusty, you love crapping on Lamb but have you ever considered that the guy doesn't have full autonomy and has to do what the head coach ultimately wants?

Goody: "Get Houston, I don't care how much he costs just get him, he's the missing piece".

Lamb: "But we could use that draft captial on trading other players or the draft".

Micho and Crusty, you love crapping on Lamb but have you ever considered that the guy doesn't have full autonomy and has to do what the head coach ultimately wants?
100%
An even if he doesn't completely listen to goody, the robot would definitely still have a say on who we chase.

Goodwin is getting cooked by the club at the moment for under performing 3 years in a row. He is trying to shift blame away from himself throwing Alan Richardson and Tim Lamb under the bus for list management dedcisions, notwithstanding that Goodwin was the loudest voice in the room for some of the more detrimental decisions i.e. Grundy recruitment, not trading Petty.

Very defensive when he is challenged on a match day coaching and personnel decisions. Obviously stressed that the club is falling off the cliff and concerned that he won't retain his job during a rebuild.

Regardless, Goodwin is contracted until end of 2026. We are probably stuck with him for another year before the club knifes him.

Gawn's retirement could be sooner than anticipated - possibly end of next year when his contract is up if the Dees are not in contention. He has interests outside of football and is resistant to the idea taking a paycut to play through through a rebuild.

What are you on about? I hate Goody as much as Lamb. Both can GTFO. At the end of the day, Lambs job is list manager. Can you honestly say he's done a good job? I don't care if Goody is calling the shots, Lamb is in charge of the list. He's been terrible in trading out and in last few years and can't attract anyone decent. Clearly a mixture of both guys. I'd sack both, but I guarantee both will still be there end of next year.

Goodwin is getting cooked by the club at the moment for under performing 3 years in a row. He is trying to shift blame away from himself throwing Alan Richardson and Tim Lamb under the bus for list management dedcisions, notwithstanding that Goodwin was the loudest voice in the room for some of the more detrimental decisions i.e. Grundy recruitment, not trading Petty.

Very defensive when he is challenged on a match day coaching and personnel decisions. Obviously stressed that the club is falling off the cliff and concerned that he won't retain his job during a rebuild.

Regardless, Goodwin is contracted until end of 2026. We are probably stuck with him for another year before the club knifes him.

Gawn's retirement could be sooner than anticipated - possibly end of next year when his contract is up if the Dees are not in contention. He has interests outside of football and is resistant to the idea taking a paycut to play through through a rebuild.
Is that ITK or just speculation?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's actually refreshing seeing opp fans say this

So youā€™re saying we have a list manager who isnā€™t in charge of the list?

Oooookay then.

If someone told me at work how to do my job I would tell them to get ****ed.

So youā€™re saying we have a list manager who isnā€™t in charge of the list?

Oooookay then.

If someone told me at work how to do my job I would tell them to get ****ed.
Do you actually think the list manager has full autonomy over every aspect of his job?

Second question, do you work for yourself? I only ask because nearly every job in the world has a hierarchy where the bosses have the final say in things.

Do you actually think the list manager has full autonomy over every aspect of his job?

Second question, do you work for yourself? I only ask because nearly every job in the world has a hierarchy where the bosses have the final say in things.
End of the day, team is going backwards. Sack both. Both clearly not doing a good job they are paid well to do. Richardson can GTFO as well as Stafford and McQualter. Jason Taylor and Judd McVee about the only 2 guys at the club I have any faith in anymore. Oh, and Trent Rivers.

He's the type we need though. His kicking is elite. Arguably the best kick in the comp. But giving up 2 firsts when we have so many holes now would just be the tipping point for a lot of people. I'm honestly expecting Lamb to do it because he's so bad at his job.

I'm not even sure he's the type we need. Good player and excellent kick, but I think genuine mids and KPPs are our absolute priority.

Let alone if he costs ~ 2 first rounders.

Saying that, if we got that type of player as a free agent, like Cumming, we should jump at it.

If Geelong can convince Port to give up pick 25 for Esava Ratugolea then surely we can convince them to give up Houston for less than 2 first round picks

I'm not even sure he's the type we need. Good player and excellent kick, but I think genuine mids and KPPs are our absolute priority.

Let alone if he costs ~ 2 first rounders.

Saying that, if we got that type of player as a free agent, like Cumming, we should jump at it.

Elite kicks are always needed. Not sure if you've watched a lot of Port, but there's a reason Port are wanting two 1st rounders for him. Not saying we should offer that, but he's a damn good player. Would love him at the Dees, but yeah, it would cost us too much at a time where we're needing holes plugged. 2 years ago would have been ideal.

Lol šŸ¤£ playing a good kicking player in a shit team doesn't make you a good kicking team. For like the millionth time it's not about one or two players it's about the over all system. Getting Houston and then instructing him to kick half his kicks long to the pocket doesn't change a ****ing thing

No but they are ultimately responsible and accountable for the job just as I am at work.

Blaming someone else for piss poor performance in your own job is weak and somewhat desperate.

We can also see the trend change when Lamb took over from Viney so was Goodwin also telling Viney to make idiotic list decisions? Because Viney made plenty of good ones when he was in the job pre-Lamb.

Do you really think Goodwin told Lamb to bring in Fullerton, Schache, Billings, Hunter, Mcadam ect to then decide to not play them? He isnā€™t playing them because Lamb brought in duds not up to Goodwins standards and there is a clear disconnect.

Last edited:
Lol šŸ¤£ playing a good kicking player in a shit team doesn't make you a good kicking team. For like the millionth time it's not about one or two players it's about the over all system. Getting Houston and then instructing him to kick half his kicks long to the pocket doesn't change a ****ing thing
But but but, he could kick it into the pocket from 70 metres out! Think of the possibilities!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread šŸ—‘šŸ”„

Remove this Banner Ad

Back