Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Trading a top pick for Houston is fine if the team is on the way up, but our team is on the decline. We've seen it all before with teams desperately trying to stay up the top, it inevitably ends up in more pain. (Geelong are an exception). It's pretty obvious that the team needs to go into rebuild mode, not full on 07-13 style but start to bring in and play some youth.

I wouldnā€™t even give up 1 first for a bloke who probably has never even copped a tag before. (Houston)

Imagine we piss off a top 10 pick, he comes in and is rendered useless in his first game by a Cincotta or Bedford running a tag on him because tagging HBFs are now in lieu.
He's been tagged plenty of times, lol.

I wouldnā€™t even give up 1 first for a bloke who probably has never even copped a tag before. (Houston)

Imagine we piss off a top 10 pick, he comes in and is rendered useless in his first game by a Cincotta or Bedford running a tag on him because tagging HBFs are now in lieu.
No risk no reward

There have been a lot of dumb ideas being floated around about what to do in the off season. But the stupidest I've heard so far is Damian Barrett suggesting that Melbourne should target Taylor Walker to fix our forward line

Tom Hawkins vibes from last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waiting for you to respond about what rounds Houston got tagged. Nice subject change.
Oh, I thought you received a perfectly adequate reply from a Port Adelaide supporter who watches him every week.

Heā€™s played 166 games and been a gun for a long time.

His ball use is key to us and heā€™s one of our best players.

If he could be tagged he would be getting tagged.

Why would any teams send there best tagger to Houston when you got Butter, Rozee and Horne Francis running around.

Look at Bulldogs with Brambles or Geelong with Humphries, can pick up decent defenders a lot easier on the cheap than mids.

Remember when Richmond thought they could top up with Taranto and Hopper and now they look a decade away from a flag.
.yeah let's get Houston see what happens.

Their 25 and unders are as good as ours

Until this draft where they will have 5 first rounders. Then thereā€™s will shit all over ours.

Would take Hawkins 15 goals this season over Pettys 6ā€¦or Kentfields/Fullertom/Schacheā€™s 0

Donā€™t let the facts get in the way though
Paying someone ~750k a year for 15 goals and 2 more years to come. Nearly half of them came in one game against Essendon. Just brilliant cap management. Put him in washed up forwards stable with Brown and TMac.

Paying someone ~750k a year for 15 goals and 2 more years to come. Nearly half of them came in one game against Essendon. Just brilliant cap management. Put him in washed up forwards stable with Brown and TMac.

You are aware he has significant forwardcraft experience and could also double as a goal kicking / forwards coach over the next few years right?

Whoever mentioned 750k btw, I donā€™t recall any dollar figure mentioned.

Rather him on the list than Kentfield or Shcache or Fullerton, begs belief if you think they will add more value but anyway.

If I could clone an AFL player to help Melbourne's needs going forward. It would be this fella.

1722841158034.jpeg

A real crash/bash follower who sorted them out; whether against much bigger rucks, or flying through packs up forward, with an Iron will and vice hands.

The ideal 2nd fiddle to a Max Gawn.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread šŸ—‘šŸ”„

Remove this Banner Ad

Back