Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:

Well known fact: there can be more than one factor in a thing going bad.

Mich0: TIM LAMB ONLY AT ALL TIMES. WATCH THE COGNITIVE DISSONANCE BUMPER CAR SHOW RATTLING AROUND MY CONFUSED SKULL

Iā€™m actually not sure why Hawkins is even being brought up? We had a crack and he decided to stay at geelong.
Coz it would have been an absolute disaster and we'd be kicking ourselves for giving him 2-3 years right now. Even when we target big names we target the wrong ones.

Coz it would have been an absolute disaster and we'd be kicking ourselves for giving him 2-3 years right now. Even when we target big names we target the wrong ones.

Why would it be a disaster? One of the greatest forwards on a current list at the MFC to help sort out our dysfunctional forward line both on and off the field?

Would take him in a heartbeat over half the plodders we have down at Casey.

Could teach the lads a thing or 3 on goal kicking and forward craft, something we seriously lack.

Iā€™m actually not sure why Hawkins is even being brought up? We had a crack and he decided to stay at geelong.

Scythe94 was trying to use it to have a stab at me when I questioned if Houston had ever even been tagged by the oppositions best tagger (something he failed to backup).

Which I still heavily doubt and yet to see any evidence of. Why would he attract a tagger when they got Butters, JHF and Rozee running around.

If he were at the Dees on the other handā€¦

Why would it be a disaster? One of the greatest forwards on a current list at the MFC to help sort out our dysfunctional forward line both on and off the field?

Could teach the lads a thing or 3 on goal kicking and forward craft, something we seriously lack.
We have BBB already on the list of we want someone to teach the lads about forward craft. Why bring in another guy on big money who's one injury away from the end?

Ben Brown is averaging the same amount of goals per game this year as Hawkins in a far worse side offensively (Geelong have scored just under 300 more than us), he can provide all those things you mentioned, forward craft, experience, goal kicking/forward coaching. We should give Ben Brown two more years!

Hawkins in our team would be a disaster even if he wasn't cooked. I said it at the time, we dont give him one on one space inside 50 like the Cats do and hes never been able to take a pack mark, good luck when on the end of our slow ball movement. Think of the fit rather than getting seduced by the name. It was a terrible idea then and now.

Scythe94 was trying to use it to have a stab at me when I questioned if Houston had ever even been tagged by the oppositions best tagger (something he failed to backup).

Which I still heavily doubt and yet to see any evidence of. Why would he attract a tagger when they got Butters, JHF and Rozee running around.

Was nothing to do with Houston, lol.

A Power fan answered your question, but since you won't pipe down about it, here are some examples from this year that I can remember.

Round 15 vs Brisbane. Ah Chee tagged him when Brisbane won by 79 points. Houston had 21 disposals at 76%, 416 metres gained.

Round 12 vs Carlton. Cincotta spent time on both him and Butters when Carlton won by 36. Houston had 22 disposals at 86%, 560 metres gained.

Round 5 vs Freo. Banfield spent time on time. Houston had 27 possessions at 85%, 740 metres gained.

I can't be bothered looking more up, those are the ones I mainly remember because I have him in SuperCoach. A lot of teams don't deploy forward taggers, and of course Butters is going to get attention first, same way Petracca would if Houston was here.

I wouldnā€™t even give up 1 first for a bloke who probably has never even copped a tag before. (Houston)

Imagine we piss off a top 10 pick, he comes in and is rendered useless in his first game by a Cincotta or Bedford running a tag on him because tagging HBFs are now in lieu.

Why would any teams send there best tagger to Houston when you got Butter, Rozee and Horne Francis running around.

Look at Bulldogs with Brambles or Geelong with Humphries, can pick up decent defenders a lot easier on the cheap than mids.

You do realise Houston has been around longer than those players yeah?

youā€™re also continuing to underrate Houston.

The other players are younger but Houston has consistently been an elite player and arguably in the top couple of players on our list in terms of performance.

Didnā€™t see any round mentioned and details on who tagged him, just more spitballing.

What do you want? Names and dates from a 166 game career?

Can you tell me that info for all your players ?

The idea that no one has ever thought to try tagging ports best ball user and arguably most consistent elite player of the past 7 or so years is absurd.

Heā€™s not some untried kid. Heā€™s 27 years old and been a gun since forever. Port fans were raving about him for years before the rest of the afl noticed.

As I said earlier, i understand any melb fans position that they would rather their team rebuilds via the draft than bring in an elite and costly 27 yr old. Whether I or anyone else agrees with them or not at least its a rational idea.

The idea that Houston is not a gun, or valuable, or that he hasnā€™t been tagged is just laughable.

The other players are younger but Houston has consistently been an elite player and arguably in the top couple of players on our list in terms of performance.

The idea that no one has ever thought to try tagging ports best ball user and arguably most consistent elite player of the past 7 or so years is absurd.

Heā€™s not some untried kid. Heā€™s 27 years old and been a gun since forever. Port fans were raving about him for years before the rest of the afl noticed.

As I said earlier, i understand any melb fans position that they would rather their team rebuilds via the draft than bring in an elite and costly 27 yr old. Whether I or anyone else agrees with them or not at least its a rational idea.

The idea that Houston is not a gun, or valuable, or that he hasnā€™t been tagged is just laughable.

Mate all I am asking for is what round was he tagged and by who? Give us one recent example.

It is a question you are failing to answer and instead providing long winded babble while avoiding the question.

Mate all I am asking for is what round was he tagged and by who? Give us one recent example.

What you just said about Houston I could say about Salem.

It is a question you are failing to answer and instead providing long winded babble while avoiding the question.
Gave you examples above, yet you're choosing to ignore them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The poster you're doing the leg work for does not care one bit about gaining new information. The entire premise is that the list manager is exclusively to blame for absolutely everything wrong with the club and every post hangs off that single premise regardless of it making sense, clashing with known facts, completely contradicting earlier claims by same poster etc.

just dont look GIF

The poster you're doing the leg work for does not care one bit about gaining new information. The entire premise is that the list manager is exclusively to blame for absolutely everything wrong with the club and every post hangs off that single premise regardless of it making sense, clashing with known facts, completely contradicting earlier claims by same poster etc.

Give it a rest mate.

Its a valid question, can Houston handle a tag?

Give it a rest mate.

Its a valid question, can Houston handle a tag?
The answer is Tim Lamb in any case so who cares about your question?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread šŸ—‘šŸ”„

Remove this Banner Ad

Back