Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Rumor on our board Petracca has paid a visit to Arden st. recently. Most people are skeptical fwiw.
He'll look good with Dusty, Kelly, De Goey, Heeney, Gaff, Treloar and Hannebery :love:

we’ve had some unlucky misses, but don’t forget we landed gun winger Jared Polec for the low, low price of pick 11.
It's ok, you just needed to make sure you had the cap space for Aidan Corr 🤩

These Port fans making Houston sound like prime Dusty.
To be fair he's widely regarded as one of, if not the best kick in the comp, he's rated top 10 in champion data, all Australian and in the leadership group not to mention contracted for 3 years.

Do you think Port should just bend over for the fun of it? Of course they will want overs considering his contract status.

To be fair he's widely regarded as one of, if not the best kick in the comp, he's rated top 10 in champion data, all Australian and in the leadership group not to mention contracted for 3 years.

Do you think Port should just bend over for the fun of it? Of course they will want overs considering his contract status.

908773.jpg 911910.jpg

I tell you what..we'll give you Salem who is our best kick, and throw in Sparrow who's a gun low possession low impact player from SA and call it even.

Just visited the north board. Turns out most of them don’t want him. Too old. Too injured. Too expensive. I guess we’ll just have to keep him.
We will see, something could still happen, remember the guy in charge of our trades on BF Danster wants him gone, Trac is no Oliver according to Dan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After 10 games over 4 seasons, Bailey Laurie is being encouraged to explore his options, notwithstanding that we extended his deal 4 months ago. Seems to be a victim of the Goodwin/Lamb spat, and there's optimism that he might fetch enough draft capital to convert him into an out of favour senior player from another club to help us in 2025.

I can't imagine he would go any higher than a 3rd round pick. Fallen down the pecking order and hasn't shown much quality at AFL level, but he hasn't been given much of a chance either to be fair. He is still young at 22 and is handy at VFL level. Maybe a struggling club like Richmond might take an interest as a reclamation project given he was a former first round pick; there is the Yze connection, but I am not sure if he is much of a fan.

But knowing our luck, Laurie will follow in the steps of Jordon & Bedford to become a valuable contributor for a flag contending side, and the draft picks that we get for him will be used on a plodder like Freo's Will Brodie.

After 10 games over 4 seasons, Bailey Laurie is being encouraged to explore his options, notwithstanding that we extended his deal 4 months ago. Seems to be a victim of the Goodwin/Lamb spat, and there's optimism that he might fetch enough draft capital to convert him into an out of favour senior player from another club to help us in 2025.

I can't imagine he would go any higher than a 3rd round pick. Fallen down the pecking order and hasn't shown much quality at AFL level, but he hasn't been given much of a chance either to be fair. He is still young at 22 and is handy at VFL level. Maybe a struggling club like Richmond might take an interest as a reclamation project given he was a former first round pick; there is the Yze connection, but I am not sure if he is much of a fan.

But knowing our luck, Laurie will follow in the steps of Jordon & Bedford to become a valuable contributor for a flag contending side, and the draft picks that we get for him will be used on a plodder like Freo's Will Brodie.
There was Goodwin/Lamb spat?

Who the **** is going to play midfield if we trade out Laurie. He is legitimately the only depth we have in there.

Sounds more like an excuse to keep Sparrow in the 1s.

Utterly bizarre that this much time has even been spent on Laurie in this thread.

Has played a total of 10* games over 2 years, for a return of 2 goals and an average of 8 disposals.

He's shown absolutely nothing, and we're still likely to have Oliver, Trac, Viney, Rivers, McVee, Tholstrup, Salem, ANB and Brown to fill midfield rotations as needed. That's not accounting for anyone we draft or trade in. Or any other VFL plodders I've forgotten. Or Sparrow, the useless bag of pinecones that he is

* Not sure how many sub starts he's had, but he's not a solution to any of our problems.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread 🗑🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Back