Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
After 10 games over 4 seasons, Bailey Laurie is being encouraged to explore his options, notwithstanding that we extended his deal 4 months ago. Seems to be a victim of the Goodwin/Lamb spat, and there's optimism that he might fetch enough draft capital to convert him into an out of favour senior player from another club to help us in 2025.

I can't imagine he would go any higher than a 3rd round pick. Fallen down the pecking order and hasn't shown much quality at AFL level, but he hasn't been given much of a chance either to be fair. He is still young at 22 and is handy at VFL level. Maybe a struggling club like Richmond might take an interest as a reclamation project given he was a former first round pick; there is the Yze connection, but I am not sure if he is much of a fan.

But knowing our luck, Laurie will follow in the steps of Jordon & Bedford to become a valuable contributor for a flag contending side, and the draft picks that we get for him will be used on a plodder like Freo's Will Brodie.

Not sure what dizzying heights he reached on the pecking order to fall from, but giving him away for nothing would be good for us. Frees a list spot for someone who at least may turn out to be good.

Darling and Tex apparently 'attracting rival interest'... You know what that probably means...

Cal Twomey said Gettable that he thinks Dan Houston will be playing at Melbourne next year and it will take our pick 7 and next years first as a starting point.

I'll be absolutely mortified with the club if we part with pick 7 for a 28 year old half back flanker and next years first.

Cal Twomey said Gettable that he thinks Dan Houston will be playing at Melbourne next year and it will take our pick 7 and next years first as a starting point.

I'll be absolutely mortified with the club if we part with pick 7 for a 28 year old half back flanker and next years first.

Would almost tip me over the edge

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

Desperate clubs do desperate things, you never know. Would be on brand for us. Can just see them trying to convince themselves that this is similar to May and Lever and that worked out great.

Not far off what Port paid for Horne-Francis. Would be a ridiculous trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will set us back 10 years giving away 2 of our 3 first rounders we have before Tassie come in for a 28 year old flanker.

Tim “we don’t need to win every trade” Lamb on the other hand.

nicksplat rugrats GIF

Still think we could con another team. Would go perfect down at the Hawks on the wing opposite D’Ambrosio
Conning teams for mid late thirds is hardly a con. I think we could have got an earlyish second a couple of years ago.

So after going out in straight sets in 2022 and 2023, and likely missing the finals this year, trying to re-load with Houston in exchange for a couple of top picks will be a bold call.

Tim Lamb will be vindicated if we were really a 'Dan Houston' away from a flag. I don't see it. But I admire the confidence, and trying to have one last tilt with our core of Trac/Oliver/Gawn/Lever/May is probably the smarter move than rebuilding even though our forward half is still a mess.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread 🗑🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Back