Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
So after going out in straight sets in 2022 and 2023, and likely missing the finals this year, trying to re-load with Houston in exchange for a couple of top picks will be a bold call.

Tim Lamb will be vindicated if we were really a 'Dan Houston' away from a flag. I don't see it. But I admire the confidence, and trying to have one last tilt with our core of Trac/Oliver/Gawn/Lever/May is probably the smarter move than rebuilding even though our forward half is still a mess.
Except this one last tilt will set us back years. Smacks of desperation of a coach trying to cling to his job. If he makes finals next year he probably gets an extension, no finals and he's either sacked or not extended.

Nah they didn't even mention him. It was in the context of similar to when the Dees brought in players like Vince and Lewis to provide leadership and a mature mid to help bring through the kids.

I get the general idea but the one area Norf are absolutely stacked in is inside mids. Would be a terrible fit!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I get why we would be keen to trade out next year's first with White and that NGA guy coming through. But selling a top ten pick for a half back flanker in a draft with a lot of midfielders seems silly when our midfield has been destroyed all year.

Except this one last tilt will set us back years. Smacks of desperation of a coach trying to cling to his job. If he makes finals next year he probably gets an extension, no finals and he's either sacked or not extended.
Yeah there's nothing to admire about this nor is it the smarter move.

West Coast with Tim Kelly and Richmond with Tim Tarranto will vouch that this type of trading will lead you nowhere.

Last edited:
Nah they didn't even mention him. It was in the context of similar to when the Dees brought in players like Vince and Lewis to provide leadership and a mature mid to help bring through the kids.
I guess North can never have enough midfielders

Yeah I still think some team might pay a mid to late 2nd rounder for Salem. The guy is grossly overrated across the comp.

As for Houston. Is there anyone at all on board with giving away 2 high picks for him? Jason Taylor is the most competent bloke at the club. Give him picks to get some young talent to the club.

The counterpoint is that the club can end up in a never ending cycle of 'rebuilding'.

I get why we would be keen to trade out next year's first with White and that NGA guy coming through. But selling a top ten pick for a half back flanker in a draft with a lot of midfielders seems silly when our midfield has been destroyed all year.
Tairon Ah-Mu. Or Thicc-Tai as my nickname for him

I get the general idea but the one area Norf are absolutely stacked in is inside mids. Would be a terrible fit!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

100% won't happen, just brought it up when someone else was talking about Norf.

As for Houston. Is there anyone at all on board with giving away 2 high picks for him? Jason Taylor is the most competent bloke at the club. Give him picks to get some young talent to the club.

We are projected to have a few Father-sons and NGA picks in the coming years. I guess you need to look at the bigger picture of how they are projecting to look for their draft year. If some are projecting as future first round picks then I don't have a problem with punting our 2025 first to have another tilt.

Not sure I would pay 2xFRP's for a flanker though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I still think some team might pay a mid to late 2nd rounder for Salem. The guy is grossly overrated across the comp.

NO! Price too high,

Why don't we go after Cumming or restart with Battle? Both of them are UFA's

Sounds like we're out of the race for Battle now. Why wouldn't we try to get both Cumming and Houston (and more)? I'm one of the keen on Houston types (we won't be paying two first rounders, he's just turned 27, and is more than just a flanker), but some of the strawman stuff going on in this thread smells of panic more than anything that's actually happened (given nothing has yet). Houston won't make us flag faves again, but would be very surprised if he was the only player we brought in through trade and FA.

So after going out in straight sets in 2022 and 2023, and likely missing the finals this year, trying to re-load with Houston in exchange for a couple of top picks will be a bold call.

Tim Lamb will be vindicated if we were really a 'Dan Houston' away from a flag. I don't see it. But I admire the confidence, and trying to have one last tilt with our core of Trac/Oliver/Gawn/Lever/May is probably the smarter move than rebuilding even though our
forward half is still a mess.
It's not a bold call, it's a dumb call. Not for wanting Houston, but for giving 2 high picks for him. Houston is a very good player. If he was OOC, we'd be in a better position, but we're gonna have to pay overs. He can stay at Port for that price.

Sounds like we're out of the race for Battle now. Why wouldn't we try to get both Cumming and Houston (and more)? I'm one of the keen on Houston types (we won't be paying two first rounders, he's just turned 27, and is more than just a flanker), but some of the strawman stuff going on in this thread smells of panic more than anything that's actually happened (given nothing has yet). Houston won't make us flag faves again, but would be very surprised if he was the only player we brought in through trade and FA.
Not saying Houston would be the only one we'd bring in, but I have no faith what we'd bring in would be quality based on the last few years.

Not saying Houston would be the only one we'd bring in, but I have no faith what we'd bring in would be quality based on the last few years.

Can understand that. I think from a salary cap, trade currency and obvious needs basis we have more impetus this year though. None of us know what will happen, so I'm guessing as much as anyone, but that's my gut feel this far out anyway. I feel there will be significant moves for us in trade and free agency (hopefully).

But you understand the panic, though? Lamb-chops, Badloss and all.

I reckon we should test out the UFA pool and re-gen our list there rather then selling the farm for Houston.

So far, sounds like we're trying to do a bit of both. Battle and Cumming both free agents, Houston, Waterman and Edwards all trades. They're the rumours that have been around in the media so far anyway.

But you understand the panic, though? Lamb-chops, Badloss and all.

People are panicking based off sketchy media reports, months out from trade season. Negotiations play out like this these days, we've just seen that with Waterman. No point having a big BF rage sesh now, save it for after the trade happens, I'm sure there will be plenty then.

So far, sounds like we're trying to do a bit of both. Battle and Cumming both free agents, Houston, Waterman and Edwards all trades. They're the rumours that have been around in the media so far anyway.

Harry Edwards would make more sense seeing as we are trying to replace May, Tomlinson and TMac.

People are panicking based off sketchy media reports, months out from trade season. Negotiations play out like this these days, we've just seen that with Waterman. No point having a big BF rage sesh now, save it for after the trade happens, I'm sure there will be plenty then.
Just getting my rage-licks now. And maybe later too.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread 🗑🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Back