Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Harry Edwards would make more sense seeing as we are trying to replace May, Tomlinson and TMac.

A LOT of talls on the way out this year and (probably) next. Big part of the reason they worked so hard to keep Petty I reckon, despite his middling form.

Just getting my rage-licks now. And maybe later too.
If all we do is trade in Houston for 2 first rounders and have 0 coaching changes then I will join you.

Destroy Burn It Down GIF by Nicole

A LOT of talls on the way out this year and (probably) next. Big part of the reason they worked so hard to keep Petty I reckon, despite his middling form.
Who knows, Maybe Petty can pull Liam Jones or a Rory Lobb and reinvent himself as a defender.

Back 6 I'd imagine would be
Lever Petty Edwards
Howes Mcvee Cumming.

Rory Lobb looking like a better prospect by the week lol

Cal Twomey said Gettable that he thinks Dan Houston will be playing at Melbourne next year and it will take our pick 7 and next years first as a starting point.

I'll be absolutely mortified with the club if we part with pick 7 for a 28 year old half back flanker and next years first.
With the people running the club now I can see them going all out for a flag whilst Gawn and May are playing. You can guarantee Houston will be a Dee next season. Goody and co don’t want a rebuild just yet. They won’t be there to see it out. So they are not at all going to be interested in hitting the draft if we can instead bring in established talent.
I’ll be disappointed if we pay 2 firsts. If we do we’d get a second back. But still ain’t worth it.

Would anyone be open to having Tex Walker for a year or two?

Out of contract at the end of the year and there are interest from rivals clubs now. I know we tried to lure him across when he was out of contract last time.
Two years ago yes, now no. Although he could be a good mentor in the F50 for JVR and Jeffo. From a playing perspective, I'm not sure the point as we aren't winning a flag in the next 2 years. So the age doesn't match what we should be going for.

"Crazy for us to go for a just 27 year old Houston, we're in a full rebuild! We should got for Walker, he'll only be 35 early next season!"

"Crazy for us to go for a just 27 year old Houston, we're in a full rebuild! We should got for Walker, he'll only be 35 early next season!"
Significant gap in what they would cost. But regardless, no to Walker from me.

Another move that would indicate that we think we're a small top-up away from a flag. That and he's ancient + a massive flog. Good player, but like Hawkins last offseason, he's just about done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends if it means we’ll play Petty back long term - also he’d cost nothing.

Significant gap in what they would cost. But regardless, no to Walker from me.

Another move that would indicate that we think we're a small top-up away from a flag. That and he's ancient + a massive flog. Good player, but like Hawkins last offseason, he's just about done.

Cost is irrelevant - A 35 year old being suggested by the same people who say we should be completely rebuilding? Seems a bit silly.

Cost is irrelevant - A 35 year old being suggested by the same people who say we should be completely rebuilding? Seems a bit silly.
Don't necessarily disagree, just feel they're two different things based on cost. One is an obvious stop-gap, the other is a big investment.

Don't necessarily disagree, just feel they're two different things based on cost. One is an obvious stop-gap, the other is a big investment.

Cost is vastly different of course. But if we're in such desperate need of a rebuild and have no chance of success and are just generally washed as so many posters believe, why would we even consider a 35 year old? Bizarre.

You could still rebuild while grabbing Tex tbf, coz you'd still have your early picks. He just doesnt fit in what we do. Would rather play Jefferson.

I actually wouldn’t take Walker either, but they are two completely different trades.

As above though mate - You can't say we're a disaster and rebuilding and then also suggest a 35 year old. It's one or the other.

As above though mate - You can't say we're a disaster and rebuilding and then also suggest a 35 year old. It's one or the other.
We were rebuilding when we got Cross and Vince and nobody complained. Don't mind adding vets even if I think we are on the slide IF the cost AND fit is right and it doesn't set us back in future drafts.

Last edited:
Actually still wouldn't mind him for the right price. Adding him and Houston at either end would start to help our horrendous kicking skills.

Actually still wouldn't mind him for the right price. Adding him and Houston at either end would start to help our horrendous kicking skills.

Gold Coast is where we should be shaking trees. They have so much talent and have always struggled with player retention.

We were rebuilding when we got Cross and Vince and nobody complained. Don't mind adding vets even if I think we are on the slide IF the cost AND fit is right and it doesn't set us back in future drafts.
That was because the previous coaching group got rid of a huge chunk of Mature players if I remember correctly and they needed some leadership to come in.

Also they didn't give up much for them:-

Cross came over as a delisted free agent​
Vince was traded for pick 23​

If the team wants anything decent it will cost picks, and by decent I am really thinking about the forward line more than anything else.

Gold Coast is where we should be shaking trees. They have so much talent and have always struggled with player retention.

Alex Davies has been brought up as gettable, I think a poster or two mentioned him here too. Fiorini is a pre-agent and was nearly traded previously too. Don't know him super well, but he's been playing more outside this year so could be handy? Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread 🗑🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Back