• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 17 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Logan at pick 4 and Campbell aren't yet living up to the pick if I am honest and hate to admit it .
Campbell has only just started to attack the contest and went backwards in the last two finals. Lacks mongrel. We make Logan run all over the park rather than building into a traditional KPF. Not sure we're doing either of them a bunch of favours.

Campbell has only just started to attack the contest and went backwards in the last two finals. Lacks mongrel. We make Logan run all over the park rather than building into a traditional KPF. Not sure we're doing either of them a bunch of favours.

Agreed it's on the club to a large extent and I'm not saying either won't make it

I agree, but I sort of disagree regarding Amarty, and by reading a lot on here, I think I'm in the minority. I reckon I'd play him over McLean as a backup ruckman/FWD.

He has much greater athleticism, quicker, and I reckon he could actually be a bit of a weapon around the ground if he has a big pre season training for that role.

McLean has been solid the last couple of years, but he was really poor in the ruck on Saturday, beaten by both Brisbane ruck options handily.

Lastly, I definitely disagree with playing both Ladhams and Grundy in the same team. Ladhams is not good enough as an AFL forward option, IMO.

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk
I almost feel like Amartey and McLean need to switch roles.

Amartey as the second athletic ruck as you say. McLean to bulk up and aim to be a monster full forward.

I have read the last dozen posts and agree with all of em but all it does to me is make the case stronger that this is all on the coach ..
Until he changes his mind set style game plan and player roles what’s gunna change ..
Nothing has the last 2 yrs so to me proof is in the pudding

Okay need to start a bidding war with freo and West Coast and put warner bros both on the table.

West Coast minimum 2 first rounders and a future 2nd.

Freo second round and serong. Freo will be in the same.position as us. Serong has stated he loves the swans. So if he was interested they mise well swap and 2nd rounder for Corey warner.

We need to be bold and put another good player on the table. Florent or a macca on the table. We need to move on a McLean or amarty no room For both.

Then we have our delistings does the rugby convert survive (mcandrew) does konstanty survive. I think Buller survives one more year. I think ladhams survive if he doesn't want out. Simply Gundy could drop anytime.

Then we look at wicks do we keep or do we let go. Wicks could hold some value.

We then bring in mature and draft in and go again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amartey cops alot of flak. However there is alot of talent to work with there. Another full preseason to back up from a relatively injury free year will hopefully build his tank and durability, allowing him to be an option as a backup ruck. If this eventuates, I think he is the preferred option over Mclean if we go for a two tall setup.

Either one not really fussed we were too tall in the final

I know its Ralph, but if this is anywhere near accurate, it's the last thing the club would need/want for the whole of next season...

WA MOVE ON THE CARDS FOR SUPERSTAR SWAN

Sydney Swans superstar Chad Warner could be on his way back to Western Australia as the rumour mill goes into overdrive following his side’s embarrassing loss to the Lions on grand final day.

Warner remains contracted until the end of 2025 but both West Australian clubs believe Warner will request a trade back to his home state by the end of next year, according to the Herald Sun’s Jon Ralph.

“WA-based clubs are of the belief it is his intention to return home at the end of next year. He’s stubborn enough to believe he can get through a whole season of a contract impasse. They believe it’s not an ambit claim, it’s not a contract negotiation,” Ralph told Fox Footy’s On the Couch.

“He and his partner, who’s also from Perth, just want to go home. They even believe that if Sydney had won this game, he might have put in a trade request. A really small chance, but it’s absolutely zero now,” Ralph continued.

“This is a 12-month saga. It’s not going to be easy for this club to negotiate through. It’s another distraction this football club doesn’t need coming off this loss.”

Collingwood champion Nathan Buckley wondered whether the Swans would get aggressive at the trade table as they seek answers after a second embarrassing grand final defeat in three years.

“I wonder how aggressive and proactive Sydney need to be given the performance in two of the last three years of some of these players,” Buckley said.

Warner had just 21 disposals and a goal in the ten-goal loss to the Lions in the grand final but was one of the Swans’ best performers in 2024.

I know its Ralph, but if this is anywhere near accurate, it's the last thing the club would need/want for the whole of next season...

Sydney Swans superstar Chad Warner could be on his way back to Western Australia as the rumour mill goes into overdrive following his side’s embarrassing loss to the Lions on grand final day.

Warner remains contracted until the end of 2025 but both West Australian clubs believe Warner will request a trade back to his home state by the end of next year, according to the Herald Sun’s Jon Ralph.

“WA-based clubs are of the belief it is his intention to return home at the end of next year. He’s stubborn enough to believe he can get through a whole season of a contract impasse. They believe it’s not an ambit claim, it’s not a contract negotiation,” Ralph told Fox Footy’s On the Couch.

“He and his partner, who’s also from Perth, just want to go home. They even believe that if Sydney had won this game, he might have put in a trade request. A really small chance, but it’s absolutely zero now,” Ralph continued.

“This is a 12-month saga. It’s not going to be easy for this club to negotiate through. It’s another distraction this football club doesn’t need coming off this loss.”

Collingwood champion Nathan Buckley wondered whether the Swans would get aggressive at the trade table as they seek answers after a second embarrassing grand final defeat in three years.

“I wonder how aggressive and proactive Sydney need to be given the performance in two of the last three years of some of these players,” Buckley said.

Warner had just 21 disposals and a goal in the ten-goal loss to the Lions in the grand final but was one of the Swans’ best performers in 2024.

Might distract from the grand final record chat 😂.

Just send him now. He's not staying and we don't need a half committed Warner dragging his value down all of next season.

Stuff it send warner and his little brother now..if freo really want him well we need to fix our mistake. We really want serong. Simple. Warner has value now. Him dragging his value around next year and taking focus off TEAM performane.The club doesn't need that bs next year......get it done now

Stuff it send warner and his little brother now..if freo really want him well we need to fix our mistake. We really want serong. Simple. Warner has value now. Him dragging his value around next year and taking focus off TEAM performane.The club doesn't need that bs next year......get it done now

Would be saying to Chad you want to go home that’s fine there’s two clubs we are dealing with both you don’t like it sign a contract.

Much rather deal with WCE. Junk mid first rounders from Freo aren’t enough

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back