• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 17 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be saying to Chad you want to go home that’s fine there’s two clubs we are dealing with both you don’t like it sign a contract.

Much rather deal with WCE. Junk mid first rounders from Freo aren’t enough
Take a 2nd off freo for younger warner. Straight swap warner for serong. Serong loves the swans. Same thing for freo when you think about it

Cant play all three Amartey Logan and McLean together.
One of em has to go ..they are too unco and easy for defenders to run out of defence.
If Logan doesn't get it lace out he's fairly useless.
Three unco talls who can't tackle is not good.
Starcevitch was taking the piss on Saturday. Killed us. Willmott also had a good game back there. Andrews simply did whatever he pleased.

Cant play all three Amartey Logan and McLean together.
One of em has to go ..they are too unco and easy for defenders to run out of defence.
If Logan doesn't get it lace out he's fairly useless.
Three unco talls who can't tackle is not good.
Starcevitch was taking the piss on Saturday. Killed us. Willmott also had a good game back there. Andrews simply did whatever he pleased.
Our forward set up should be 2 2 2.
2x small
2x medium hayward/stringer or membrey return.
2x McDonald I'm leaning more towards amarty as the 2nd tall. McLean is simply too slow.

Last edited:

Take a 2nd off freo for younger warner. Straight swap warner for serong. Serong loves the swans. Same thing for freo when you think about it
Great theory but as if anyone of serongs calibre that is in a side with potential to win a flag is gunna wanna come to Sydney in the bloody mess we r in not a chance in hell

Great theory but as if anyone of serongs calibre that is in a side with potential to win a flag is gunna wanna come to Sydney in the bloody mess we r in not a chance in hell
Has openly stated wanted to come to Sydney. Yes it's a mess. With some changes in personnel. Would turn around really quick.. Serong always wanted to come to sydney

Our forward set up should be 2 2 2.
2x small
2x medium hayward/stringer or membrey return.
2x McDonald I'm leaning more towards amarty as the 2nd tall. McLean is simply too slow.

My crazy idea is pick the team and structure on form and based on opposition . Be flexible and balanced .

Even though Amartey has the most goals out of the three forwards he needs to be the one to be dropped if we go to a 2 Talls system because he is the worst mark out of the three of them, secondly McLean is a much much better ruck than him and provides a different type of forward compared to Amartey and McDonald.

Even though Amartey has the most goals out of the three forwards he needs to be the one to be dropped if we go to a 2 Talls system because he is the worst mark out of the three of them, secondly McLean is a much much better ruck than him and provides a different type of forward compared to Amartey and McDonald.
But he is treacle slow and applies zero F50 pressure. If you took the best of each of the 3 talls you’d have an A grade forward. If we’re stuck with the 3, turn one of them into a defender as T Mac has been woeful.

Has openly stated wanted to come to Sydney. Yes it's a mess. With some changes in personnel. Would turn around really quick.. Serong always wanted to come to sydney
Wanted
All I’ve seen on serong since we stuffed up and didn’t select him is how happy he is in Wa
Especially from his perspective freo r in a better position to win a flag than us
No way he comes to us just doesn’t happen .
Trading Warner now if he wants to go at season end is prob the smart thing to do just unsure on what we would really get back huge decision looming tho

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But he is treacle slow and applies zero F50 pressure. If you took the best of each of the 3 talls you’d have an A grade forward. If we’re stuck with the 3, turn one of them into a defender as T Mac has been woeful.
Its not like Amartey is any quicker, but still McLean averages more tackles and more pressure acts a game. McLean is also a great foil to Grundy in the ruck and thats why they are the best 1-2 punch ruck combo in the league (Somehow more efficient than Freos Darcy and Jackson, my guess would be Darcy in the medical room 24/7). Thats why i would be keeping McLean over Amartey

I'm as disappointed as anyone, but the team that put a 3 game gap on the competition @ 160% and won 2 finals wasn't a complete mirage.

Sure, we had some gaps in our list and our strategy badly exposed, but any suggestion of a rebuild because this list can't get back there is a significant overreaction.

We reload and go again.
Finals footy is complete different to regular season

We ain’t getting serong be somewhat realistic mate. WCE pick 3 plus the Hawks first is fair (hawks pick tied to the Barass trade). Some future swaps to even it out.

Don’t want to trade with Freo at all

Can see Dawson 2.0 happening with Warner, only this time we'll see it coming and still end up with the same result. Waiting to see what happens is just asking for a single first rounder, after the Eagles downgrade and tell us that's all they have. If we don't like it they'll take him via the PSD (maybe Richmond or North will still be rubbish, but they won't risk it).

I think we just need to ask him point blank. Make him commit now or go. If he respects the club he should tell us one way or the other. And it's in our interests to know now. If he's honest and we try but fail to get a deal done, then both sides know they've been respected and you just try to get the best out of his final year and any trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back