• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 18 28.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I just want small forwards omg it deadset makes me panic thinking about our lack of dangerous smalls. I know I sound like a broken record and it's probably annoying to read all the time, I don't mean to be, it just really feels like we are getting left behind in an area that has become absolutely key to success in the last 4-5 years and if anything the game's trending even more in that direction.

I just want small forwards omg it deadset makes me panic thinking about our lack of dangerous smalls. I know I sound like a broken record and it's probably annoying to read all the time, I don't mean to be, it just really feels like we are getting left behind in an area that has become absolutely key to success in the last 4-5 years and if anything the game's trending even more in that direction.
How hard is it to find a Kozzie Pickett in the draft?. A flashy manic pressure tackling goal scoring small forward. At least we know we’ll have a shot if the ball hits the ground in the forward line unlike what it is right now.

Oliver wants to join Geelong probably be official any day that would be a unbelievable trade period from them.
This is the million dollar question, how the heck do the Cats bring in Clarry and Bailey Smith? Their top pick is 14 this year and suspect it will be higher next year with their list. What can they send to the Dog and Dees to make this work? Surely the Dogs and Dees will push hard on this.

This is the million dollar question, how the heck do the Cats bring in Clarry and Bailey Smith? Their top pick is 14 this year and suspect it will be higher next year with their list. What can they send to the Dog and Dees to make this work? Surely the Dogs and Dees will push hard on this.
It’s easier than you think. Oliver is damaged goods on an atrocious contract .

Hel demand a trade to cats .

If cats want demons to chip in a large portion of his money it wil be a f1

If cats are willing to pay his whole salary it will be for a throw away pick. Basically demons laying paying Geelong to take that 1.5 per year off their books

How hard is it to find a Kozzie Pickett in the draft?. A flashy manic pressure tackling goal scoring small forward. At least we know we’ll have a shot if the ball hits the ground in the forward line unlike what it is right now.
Do we have these guys on the list. I'd love to try Braedan Campbell in that role over a period of time. He has all the attributes. If not him Clearly has all the attributes too. They aren't Kozzie Pickett quality in terms of x factor but reckon they could both be geniune quality small forwards.
A forward line with Amatey or Mclean, Logan, Hayward, Papley, Cleary and Braedan?

If cats are willing to pay his whole salary it will be for a throw away pick. Basically demons laying paying Geelong to take that 1.5 per year off their books
We will definitely find out if Melbourne are giving him a nudge out the door. If they are I think what you outline here is spot on. If they actually want him they will be asking for more than Geelong can pay, because it sounds like the Bulldogs are wanting 2 x 1sts for Bailey.

We will definitely find out if Melbourne are giving him a nudge out the door. If they are I think what you outline here is spot on. If they actually want him they will be asking for more than Geelong can pay, because it sounds like the Bulldogs are wanting 2 x 1sts for Bailey.
Demons and dogs should get get into cahoots together here , and make life hard for Geelong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong has always said that players are happy to take hair cuts to play at Geelong. Given his history I'd suspect that the Cats are not willing to pay more than $900k. So based off this are the Dees happy to continue to pay $600k year and not receive decent draft capital? Yes he has lots of baggage, but this is a guy that has been one of the best contested possessions players of all time and he ain't that old. Bailey Smith is also worth more than pick 14. He is only 23, was a pick 8 and was one of the best young players in the game when fit.
All of that said you may be right the Cats have a way of pulling off absolute steals like when the GC gifted them on the Jack Bowes deal.

They have a history of handling difficult players. I think they'll be fine
He is different level to the likes of Stengle, if that is who you are referring to, can't think of anyone recently who hasn't been of good character. . Literally all the players at the Dees had enough of his antics at the start 2024. Doesn't sound like he is a great influence but maybe he has turned himself around, but I'm not so sure given the Dees are willing to trade him out with all these years left.

Geelong has always said that players are happy to take hair cuts to play at Geelong. Given his history I'd suspect that the Cats are not willing to pay more than $900k. So based off this are the Dees happy to continue to pay $600k year and not receive decent draft capital? Yes he has lots of baggage, but this is a guy that has been one of the best contested possessions players of all time and he ain't that old. Bailey Smith is also worth more than pick 14. He is only 23, was a pick 8 and was one of the best young players in the game when fit.
All of that said you may be right the Cats have a way of pulling off absolute steals like when the GC gifted them on the Jack Bowes deal.
How come we are always flying close to the salary cap but other teams are happy to pay players not to play for them? Always baffled me.

I’d be heavily into Malcolm Rosas for this reason. I don’t know why we aren’t. We’re in contention right now, he’s ready to go right now and has demonstrated he’s good enough at seniors level with a sustained run. Undervalued asset that could be just what we need.

Will be interested in whether Konstanty gets one more year and what they do with Hanily in 2025 to see if they are legitimate options. I’d give them each another year purely because we don’t have other options - we need better options that’s for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back