Opinion 2024 Fantasy - Player X vs Y vs Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Also, my Gut says LDU starts seasons in a burst ....whereas Steele is more likely to work into the season

I tend to look at which players score heavily early season versus those back half of season players
I’d check that Wayno. LDU seems to finish years far stronger than he starts them.

LDU is serious value but can’t shake his injury history and he loves a late out

I’d check that Wayno. LDU seems to finish years far stronger than he starts them.

LDU is serious value but can’t shake his injury history and he loves a late out
Maybe I'm thinking to get LDU ....B4 he gets injured

He started strong last season ....but then he had a series of injuries / niggles ....once he got back to full fitness he killed it
Even first game back after the long break, he was poor .....so definitely, not a player to perform with injury niggles

At 24 YO though .....he's right in his sweet spot

1704407523573.png

Maybe I'm thinking to get LDU ....B4 he gets injured

He started strong last season ....but then he had a series of injuries / niggles ....once he got back to full fitness he killed it
Even first game back after the long break, he was poor .....so definitely, not a player to perform with injury niggles

At 24 YO though .....he's right in his sweet spot

View attachment 1882084
Yeah definitely feel like it’s a matter of when with LDU, not if.

His injury history is a shocker though. Loves a niggle. Hasn’t played a full season ever. After owning him last year in several draft teams and watching him extra closely, I felt like North were extra careful with him since he’s essentially their most important player when up and running. Kind of puts me off him a little knowing a rest or late out is just around the corner

Yeah definitely feel like it’s a matter of when with LDU, not if.

His injury history is a shocker though. Loves a niggle. Hasn’t played a full season ever. After owning him last year in several draft teams and watching him extra closely, I felt like North were extra careful with him since he’s essentially their most important player when up and running. Kind of puts me off him a little knowing a rest or late out is just around the corner
You’ve talked me out of LDU. I didn’t need much reminding of trading him in, putting the VC on, rocking up to the G when we played them and the campaigner wasn’t even on the field.

I’m now at my last one for now;

Rozee & NWM v Butters & Sinclair

You’ve talked me out of LDU. I didn’t need much reminding of trading him in, putting the VC on, rocking up to the G when we played them and the campaigner wasn’t even on the field.

Butters and NWM and upgrade somewhere else ^^

Yep that was a dirty day.

prefer option 1. Feel like all of Rozee, Butters and NWM still have upside whereas I think Sinclair is maxed out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm currently heavy in the midfield right now, think its the way to go this year with byes etc.

Bont-Brayshaw-Butters-Steele-Walsh atm xD.
Got the same top 4 but then Simpkin at 5. Can go Walsh if I go Fisher or Billinngs instead of Crae or Flanders. Would need to see where that sits in PS games.

Hard to split them, maybe Sinclair and Butters hold a little more consistency over Rozee and NWM - do feel Rozee is going to go to another level this season though. There is a kiss of death if ever you heard one!

1704518406302.png

1704518191448.png

1704518276400.png
Hard to split them

Last edited:
Currently deciding on

Bont
Coleman (rnd 2 bye)
Z Williams (rnd 2 bye)

or

M Crouch
Sheezel (no byes)
H Chapman
I'm expecting a slower start for Bont than his price suggests.

Last season he had a slower first 3 games, but with no significant off-season surgery
Off some surgery to the foot this off season, am expecting another slow start.

Williams is a watch, but so is Coleman, but for different reasons. For that reason I think you go option 2 looking for consistency early. Maybe Williams and Chapman are interchangeable (13k +/-) if Williams knocks it out of the park

Hard to split them, maybe Sinclair and Butters hold a little more consistency over Rozee and NWM - do feel Rozee is going to go to another level this season though. There is a kiss of death if every you heard one!

View attachment 1882695

View attachment 1882692

View attachment 1882694
Hard bto split them
I'm finding it hard to fit any more players in Def with the rnd 15 bye. I've got Sicily and Daicos will come in, another one will guarantee a premo missing r15. Not sure how to navigate it yet as there's premos on the other lines that will also miss.

I'm finding it hard to fit any more players in Def with the rnd 15 bye. I've got Sicily and Daicos will come in, another one will guarantee a premo missing r15. Not sure how to navigate it yet as there's premos on the other lines that will also miss.
Not ideal, but I did note last season that as long as the other two main lines were good, you can scrape through OK. Does force your hand though.

Not ideal, but I did note last season that as long as the other two main lines were good, you can scrape through OK. Does force your hand though.
Both those Saints boys are priced at their average, there's possibly a bit of upside to NWM but running with Zilliams and Young as my value picks in defence (with Sheezel as a gamble) pretty much rules both of them out when factoring in that r15 logjam

I'm expecting a slower start for Bont than his price suggests.

Last season he had a slower first 3 games, but with no significant off-season surgery
Off some surgery to the foot this off season, am expecting another slow start.

Williams is a watch, but so is Coleman, but for different reasons. For that reason I think you go option 2 looking for consistency early. Maybe Williams and Chapman are interchangeable (13k +/-) if Williams knocks it out of the park
See i think Bont comes out and goes 120+ early on this season. His first 9 rounds like 6-7 of them are very good matchups for him.

I think i want Chapman over Williams right now but just trying to figure out who to cut and it probably does head towards Bont right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion 2024 Fantasy - Player X vs Y vs Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Back