Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 14 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think I'll be jumping off of Daicos rather than Steele this week.
  • Big risk of a late out this week. Commentary from the club implies that he is touch and go depending on training sessions late in the week. You would expect Collingwood to handily beat North even without Daicos. Surely if there is even a slight risk of him not being at 100% Collingwood will give him a rest.
  • BE of 147 so he will almost certainly lose some cash.
  • Collingwood have Gold Coast after their bye, statistically the hardest matchup in the league for midfielders.
Lets me dodge a potentially disastrous late out this week, with pretty good odds I can bring him back in Rnd 17 $50k+ cheaper. Also gives me an extra $70k in the kitty for next week to bring in some big targets (Merrett etc).

Of course he might also be perfectly fine and knock out a 150 this week, and I will look like a fool. Any thoughts?

• Big risk of a late out this week. Commentary from the club implies that he is touch and go depending on training sessions late in the week. You would expect Collingwood to handily beat North even without Daicos. Surely if there is even a slight risk of him not being at 100% Collingwood will give him a rest.
  • Collingwood have Gold Coast after their bye, statistically the hardest matchup in the league for midfielders.
Lets me dodge a potentially disastrous late out this week, with pretty good odds I can bring him back in Rnd 17 $50k+ cheaper. Also gives me an extra $70k in the kitty for next week to bring in some big targets (Merrett etc).

Of course he might also be perfectly fine and knock out a 150 this week, and I will look like a fool. Any thoughts?
High risk play that is the sort of move I love to do.
Always a chance you are unable to get Daicos back into your team by round 17 after the GC game. As long as you are happy with the risk, and had it all planned out for Steele to go anyway such that your bye structure is still good, id go for it.

Main thing is you need your trade target to score well enough to justify the trade. I went Marshall out earlier in the year and got punished by Greens 7, and went Sheezel out with his role change which I think worked fine.

I'd be surprised if they play him. Seems pretty obvious they'll give him an extra weeks rest heading into the real stuff.
I'm not in a position to sideways any more premos as Rozee has already set me back but would be eying off this sort of trade if I was.

High risk play that is the sort of move I love to do.
Always a chance you are unable to get Daicos back into your team by round 17 after the GC game. As long as you are happy with the risk, and had it all planned out for Steele to go anyway such that your bye structure is still good, id go for it.

Main thing is you need your trade target to score well enough to justify the trade. I went Marshall out earlier in the year and got punished by Greens 7, and went Sheezel out with his role change which I think worked fine.
The trade ins won't change at all - still Serong, Ryan and Simpkin, but will put some extra cash in the bank for next week. Looking at Nic Newman, Merrett + 1 (Rozee/Caldwell/???), so the additional funds should help to lock those in.

Has to for me unfortunately.

Nas misses the next two then has both Port and Sydney post bye.
Last games against Port and Sydney - 96 and 118. Not the worst. But, two rounds with a zero now, and then what...

I'd be surprised if they play him. Seems pretty obvious they'll give him an extra weeks rest heading into the real stuff.
I'm not in a position to sideways any more premos as Rozee has already set me back but would be eying off this sort of trade if I was.
That was my immediate thought, but, they do need to win games. It's not last season and riding high.

The trade ins won't change at all - still Serong, Ryan and Simpkin, but will put some extra cash in the bank for next week. Looking at Nic Newman, Merrett + 1 (Rozee/Caldwell/???), so the additional funds should help to lock those in.
I would trade out Daicos in your situation. As you said theres some risk and he will lose cash.
Steele while hes been underwhelming, is still good enough to have in your midfield. Priced at 103 and going at 102 in his last 5. Hes probably M7-9 areas in a best 22. No urgency to dump Steele

Who to pick - Jordan Clark or Jy Simpkin?

Got Ryan, Zorko, Gulden already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aren't you ranked in the top 10?

Go with you gut it's been working

Aren't you ranked in the top 10?

Go with you gut it's been working
Heads Or Tails Flip GIF by Hollyoaks

Extra Trade on the bye round means you can cash Powell (equally iffy player) for him

Then upgrade Simpkin when he's made his money over the byes

Exactly what I've done. Powell to Simpkin followed by an upgrade helped by using the banked cash in a few weeks if the role doesn't stick seems like the go.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

1718322486650.png

Can I ask what your rank was round 1?
I would also love to see your team round 1 😂
You seem super set up for the byes. I thought I was but only have 16 premos playing this week and 16 next.

For whatever reason i've been relatively light on R15 premiums, Nick Daicos and Rowan Marshall are the only two.

So I have 18 green dots, pre trades, all premiums or mid pricers.
Gonna limp to 19 with trades I think!
And that would include Howes, Clark, Peatling etc!

Honestly don’t mind it. He could get a big score this week and not lose much money
I think we can afford to wait a week on Rozee. His BE is in the high 180s so even if he tons up this week he’ll still drop a significant amount. Could be in the mid to low 700s come lockout lift.

If he gets through this week solidly then he’s definitely a consideration for trade in next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back