Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 14 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of just doing this this week. Leaves me with close to 600k which would allow me to do Gallagher up to Merrett, along with Clarry sideways to Rozee which would "finish" my side, with 160k to throw on Powell or Sharp or something

1718256592469.png

Doing this. It's a bit sideways with Naicos however he's got that sore shin, may be tagged, high BE and has the upcoming bye. My structure is fine and I can rid myself of Macrae, Soligo and D.Moore next week.

1718257029098.png

So it's Thursday and I still have Lachie Neale as one of my trade ins this week, despite the fact he's a very good chance to be Windhagered.

Is this still the best option to bring in for D.Wilson and Oliver

$1.77mil for 2 players
(17 available next week prior to trades, so don't think I can trade in any R15 premiums, so only looking at R12 and R13).

Rozee and Zorko
LDU/Houston and Butters
Neale and J.Clark
View attachment 2018462

Freijah UTL
I'm in a very similar scenario with slightly less budget.

For me my first decision is I can't live without Zorko this week.

So he's trade one.
Leftover coin is $2k short of Green who's the cheapest possible "Premo" available (not to say I'd even want him).
So looking down its either a rookie (yuck) or Simpkin...

I'm rolling Zorko/Simpkin at this stage. And Simpkin is the first to flick once the team is complete (likely straight out of byes unless he fires).

Wow, the seduction of Simpkin's 132 is amazing - so many trading him in - wonder what their thoughts were before he scored the 132?

Wow, the seduction of Simpkin's 132 is amazing - so many trading him in - wonder what their thoughts were before he scored the 132?
No thoughts about him at all before his 132 :sweatsmile:

If he keeps the midfield role in any capacity hes a 75-95 guy, id take a 75 for a couple of weeks to cover the byes, after that he can go if hes lost the role.
Really isnt many options in the 450-650k bracket this week, hes probably the best of a bad bunch

He's gotta do it more than once a season ....another look on Simpkin, his price won't blow out

It's pretty irrelevant really. A break even of 33, at a time where downgrade options are few and far between and we're saving cash for Uber premiums like Gulden and Zorko, he's a handy bye player to cover a red dot like a Garcia that is languishing on the bench, too low a price to be a notable upgrade. Can cover red dots over the next two week and makes close to 70k if he averages 85 across the next two, trade after the byes are over priced at 650k+

It's pretty irrelevant really. A break even of 33, at a time where downgrade options are few and far between and we're saving cash for Uber premiums like Gulden and Zorko, he's a handy bye player to cover a red dot like a Garcia that is languishing on the bench, too low a price to be a notable upgrade. Can cover red dots over the next two week and makes close to 70k if he averages 85 across the next two, trade after the byes are over priced at 650k+

Completely agree with all comments and upside is he retains his midfield role and can stay at D6 given there's not many other options putting their hand up.

I have the same views about Peatling. Could average 80-90 whilst Coniglio is out. Could keep is midfield rotations if he plays well.

Currently Clohesy > Simpkin
Oliver > Peatling
Soligo > Serong

Have Touk Miller however think more important Soligo goes first, especially with a few players on the bye next week.

Also considering T Green and Rozee however Peatling/Simpkin provide great cover, cash generation an ability to be D5/D6 for a few weeks.

Had him as a possible at the start of the year, so I do hold some bias toward him, positive bias. I'm really pleased for him, he's their Captain and they just played an undermanned West Coast. He's had 8 games though for 3 of them in the 40's, 1 in the 50's, 2 in the 60's. 1 in the 80's and that hail Mary of a 132. Hope he tons up again - against an undermanned Collingwood no less. Then Melbourne. Love a good low BE as much as the next coach, but it still seems like a seduction to me (of the AFL Fantasy variety ;) ).

1718261645868.png

Last edited:
Completely agree with all comments and upside is he retains his midfield role and can stay at D6 given there's not many other options putting their hand up.

I have the same views about Peatling. Could average 80-90 whilst Coniglio is out. Could keep is midfield rotations if he plays well.

Currently Clohesy > Simpkin
Oliver > Peatling
Soligo > Serong

Have Touk Miller however think more important Soligo goes first, especially with a few players on the bye next week.

Also considering T Green and Rozee however Peatling/Simpkin provide great cover, cash generation an ability to be D5/D6 for a few weeks.
Problem is, Peatling was out of the side a week or two ago when Kelly and Cogs were both out. Job security still seems very shaky there.

I think you can wait on Rozee for a couple of weeks as he will drop cash. Might be a relatively sideways swap between Simpkin / Peatling and Rozee after the end of the byes.

Had him as a possible at the start of the year, so I do hold some bias toward him, positive bias. I'm really pleased for him, he's their Captain and they just played an undermanned West Coast. He's had 8 games though for 3 of them in the 40's, 1 in the 50's, 2 in the 60's. 1 in the 80's and that hail Mary of a 132. Hope he tons up again - against an undermanned Collingwood no less. Then Melbourne. Love a good low BE as much as the next coach, but it still seems like a seduction to me.

View attachment 2018600
All i need is a couple of weeks of him with his confidence up and about and fit and healthy. Fingers crossed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All i need is a couple of weeks of him with his confidence up and about and fit and healthy. Fingers crossed.
Hope you get it - everyone hopes they get it!

There was a lot of LDU chat last week, and I think there's a decent argument to potentially pick him again this week. His next month is very favorable for North mids.

This week: undermanned Pies potentally without Naicos if he's rested
Next week: undermanned Dees midfield minus Trac, consisting of an unfit Clarry and an invisible and regressing Viney and rotating third mid (Sparrow, Rivers, Kozzy)
R16: The Dogs you never know what you might get
R17: Suns at Marvel, they forget how to play well when not at the GC.

There was a lot of LDU chat last week, and I think there's a decent argument to potentially pick him again this week. His next month is very favorable for North mids.

This week: undermanned Pies potentally without Naicos if he's rested
Next week: undermanned Dees midfield minus Trac, consisting of an unfit Clarry and an invisible and regressing Viney and rotating third mid (Sparrow, Rivers, Kozzy)
R16: The Dogs you never know what you might get
R17: Suns at Marvel, they forget how to play well when not at the GC.
Something about LDU just scares me off.
I'm not sure how comfortable I'd feel paying $800k+ for a North player.
Unless the player is Sheazel of course.
Some days they'll get thumped and needing 95+ from a North player for it to be a pass mark is a steep ask. He'll need some big ceiling scores to smooth out the odd 70-80 in a belting.

It's not the score it's the role change.

He went from no CBA's to 65%. Who suffered was Powell. Looks like Clarko has finally given up on Powell and might be phasing Simpkin back in to his normal midfield role.

I think it sticks because it makes North a better team. If that is the case he is a must get.

If it doesn't work out then it's not a huge risk at the price and BE. Powell to Simpkin a no brainer for me

Something about LDU just scares me off.
I'm not sure how comfortable I'd feel paying $800k+ for a North player.
Unless the player is Sheazel of course.
Some days they'll get thumped and needing 95+ from a North player for it to be a pass mark is a steep ask. He'll need some big ceiling scores to smooth out the odd 70-80 in a belting.
Yeah that’s always been my thing but I’m short on options around that 850 mark as most have byes next week or on byes.

Basically either him, Jarrod Berry, Neale (tag risk is scaring me though), or Luggage. Rozee I can wait another week to drop more in price

Had him as a possible at the start of the year, so I do hold some bias toward him, positive bias. I'm really pleased for him, he's their Captain and they just played an undermanned West Coast. He's had 8 games though for 3 of them in the 40's, 1 in the 50's, 2 in the 60's. 1 in the 80's and that hail Mary of a 132. Hope he tons up again - against an undermanned Collingwood no less. Then Melbourne. Love a good low BE as much as the next coach, but it still seems like a seduction to me (of the AFL Fantasy variety ;) ).

View attachment 2018600
Gotta remember he’s had his third concussion in less than a year and had that thumb injury

He’s injury prone as all buggery but like FlowersByIrene said it’s all about the breakeven and warm body and hope he retains that midfield role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back