Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 14 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm low on R14 players, and I want to hold Salem following the Petracca injury (11-12 weeks).

Out: JMacrae (Or ERichards if he doesn't play), Rowell, and Clohesy.
In: Schoenmaker, LRyan, and ~900k

I wanted to go JoClark, but with Schoenmaker, that means losing a player on field. So, idk anymore. Need a R12/R13 midfielder.

Edit: I could alternatively fade LRyan altogether, and bring in two ~950k midfielders - maybe Gulden and Serong.
And BCox is most likely returning this week, which probably won't change much, but is it worth waiting a week? Thoughts?
Cox likely to play WAFL this week.

The round 15 bye is looking a bit sketchy for me, unfortunately. Will most likely have to hold Oliver and with bench cash gen drying up I might have to save some coin this week. Looking at:

Bonner > Simpkin
Tracca > Gulden
Lazarro/Garcia > Schoenmaker

Bank 138k for the following week.

Ranked 2814 overall and having a hard time deciding what to do what would you recommend
1) get the two top players in Def and Fwd but lose out on dowling as rookies with low BE
2) Get dowling but have to settle for Jordan Clark as I'm 5k short but could swap out zorko for Ryan but zorko has juicy matchup
3) keep touk which has my team on 22 premos that I can upgrade on weekly basis

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240613_105803_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    Screenshot_20240613_105803_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20240613_105946_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    Screenshot_20240613_105946_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20240613_110302_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    Screenshot_20240613_110302_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 21
Ranked 2814 overall and having a hard time deciding what to do what would you recommend
1) get the two top players in Def and Fwd but lose out on dowling as rookies with low BE
2) Get dowling but have to settle for Jordan Clark as I'm 5k short but could swap out zorko for Ryan but zorko has juicy matchup
3) keep touk which has my team on 22 premos that I can upgrade on weekly basis
I’m in a similar boat except I have Clohesy/Macrae on the block rather than Wilson as I got rid of him last week.

I have Touk and Clarry as well, and my trade ins are going to be Zorko and then either Serong (keep Macrae and have an extra player this week) or Ryan (keep Clohesy and trade next week most likely)

My justification for trading Touk and Clarry is that combined they can probably score the same as what Zorko or Ryan can score on any given week! I don’t see Touk or Clarry hurting me with ceiling scores at the moment.

I like options 1 or 2 purely because I don’t know if Warner is top 6-8 in his line whereas the others will be locked in or close to it.

Thought more coaches would be jumping on Zorko this week. Or does everyone already have him? If that's true at 20% ownership then most teams would be zombies at this point.
I'm holding out that he's going to be out one week and everyone will have to trade him. Bit like starting with Yeo I guess, he was never going to play 22 games.

Thought more coaches would be jumping on Zorko this week. Or does everyone already have him? If that's true at 20% ownership then most teams would be zombies at this point.
Still very very pricey, 998k is a lot, where you can get players like Errol or Serong, for 30-40k cheaper. Almost 1m for a 35 year old is risky no matter how good he's been this year.

FWIW I've got Errol in this week over Serong, becuase he's gonna be a guy that's gonna annoy you if you don't own him and it completes my midfield, plus his TOG and work around the ground, just edges out Caleb for me.

Will focus on the FWDs next week as there's value options off byes that you can punt on.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been tossing up between Ryan and Zorko, but even as a Lions supporter just can't pick him up. Risk v reward is too great for me.

Current F line is:

Flanders, Sexton, Fisher, Heeney, Moore, Simpkin (as of this week). It's a bit Moneyball, but until my midfield is finished I can't entertain the luxury of a Zorko pickup.

I'm holding out that he's going to be out one week and everyone will have to trade him. Bit like starting with Yeo I guess, he was never going to play 22 games.
Still very very pricey, 998k is a lot, where you can get players like Errol or Serong, for 30k cheaper. Almost 1m for a 35 year old is risky no matter how good he's been this year.
I've been tossing up between Ryan and Zorko, but even as a Lions supporter just can't pick him up. Risk v reward is too great for me.

Current F line is:

Flanders, Sexton, Fisher, Heeney, Moore, Simpkin (as of this week). It's a bit Moneyball, but until my midfield is finished I can't entertain the luxury of a Zorko pickup.

That's why I've been more inclined to target Clark this week (already own Ryan, Serong & Gulden). I just feel Clark is the safer pick over the second half of the season.

Yeah that's my thinking, he's gonna break eventually so who knows.
I've also got Heeney, Flanders, Fisher and Sexton in my forwards who are going close to if not better in some cases than what Zorko is at the moment. Just a shame that Moore and Macrae are sucking at the moment.

It's not like he's 5 or 10 points clear of the next best.

I've also got Heeney, Flanders, Fisher and Sexton in my forwards who are going close to if not better in some cases than what Zorko is at the moment.

It's not like he's 5 or 10 points clear of the next best.
I've got Heeney, Flanders, McKay as my top 3, Harry is avg 90 so he's doing fine enough and he's less likely to break. Then Connor Mac, Gallagher and Freijah. Connor is scoring pretty tidy the last few weeks, Gallagher is up for trade next week and Friejah can hang around.

Kozzy is one I'm keeping an eye on as an in next week, with no Trac he'll be put into the mids more, and he's been getting a good chunk of CBAs regardless.

Current F line is:

Especially when it's best 18. Find a player past their bye on any line who'll match Zorko for less $$$ and its a win. Save that cash for R16 and bring him in then.

So it's Thursday and I still have Lachie Neale as one of my trade ins this week, despite the fact he's a very good chance to be Windhagered.

Is this still the best option to bring in for D.Wilson and Oliver

$1.77mil for 2 players
(17 available next week prior to trades, so don't think I can trade in any R15 premiums, so only looking at R12 and R13).

Rozee and Zorko
LDU/Houston and Butters
Neale and J.Clark
1718249468398.png

Freijah UTL

Trade out Wilson and play with 19* this week, or trade out Clarry/Miller (one is definitely gone, the other is tossed up with Wilson for the final trade) and play with 20? Should have 21-22 next week.

*assuming Daicos plays and Freijah/McAuliffe hold on and aren't subs.

Gut says Wilson's a solid chance to be one of the 17-19 guys who's score drops or is close to it, so makes sense to trade. But given I'm thin, the extra number might be worth copping the cash loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back