Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 16 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I looked at his scoring history this year ....he's had other occasions where he's pumped out two consecutive **** scores ......it's such a tough call to hold or trade ....I've held, but not with great confidence
I think I'm leaning trade as I didn't really want to bring him in but it was out of him or Clark who had an upcoming tag (bye rounds dilemma)

I think Ryan will average well but he just drops some stinkers, I'm out of the running for a hat so the stinkers could cost me a final (then again maybe the highs win me one lol)

I've held Richards since his injury, so am a fan, but there's a chance he cops a green or red vest given he's returning straight into the seniors after missing four weeks with a foot injury.
Yep, a huge risk …. i’ll be keeping a very close eye on the late news on COLL subs ….I still think with all the fwd’s out, Richard’s gets a starting gig

Ryan & LDU - Caldwell & Rozee
Bank $360k for a big rookie upgrade next week.
Evans on field vs Saints

2. Double downgrade and upgrade a rookie next week.

3. Downgrade a meh rookie and turn LDU into Taranto.

I actually like 1 but it’s trading two premos which feels bad.
Have you lost faith in LDU ? ……personally i don’t think he’s a great Fantasy pick

I do love Taranto though …. a Fantasy beast

Yeah, what a waste ....no guarantee he's back next week ....so I've had to revise my trades

What stuffed my plans up was the amount of rookies who were killed off this week .....really wanted Lawson Humphries ....unfortunately all my FWD rookies curled up, feet in the air

It was:
Martin to Rivers
Dean to Simpkin

Rivers has to wait ....not the worst scenario TBH

Now:
Salem 🤮 to Yeo
Dean to Joe Richards
Doubts on Yeo, his dad just passed, named in the team but be prepared for a late out

1st luxury upgrade after getting all rookies off field last week.

Reville > Schoenmaker
Powell > Caldwell

Just having a look at VC/C options and it looks like my looping options are fairly limited, anyway Bont into Daicos, would VC Zorko if I had him

Have you lost faith in LDU ? ……personally i don’t think he’s a great Fantasy pick

I do love Taranto though …. a Fantasy beast
Good player, just doesn’t fill the stat lines enough. Will get 30 touches and a 90-100 fantasy score. His ceiling isn’t anywhere near a top 8 mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I'm leaning trade as I didn't really want to bring him in but it was out of him or Clark who had an upcoming tag (bye rounds dilemma)

I think Ryan will average well but he just drops some stinkers, I'm out of the running for a hat so the stinkers could cost me a final (then again maybe the highs win me one lol)

I'm trading Ryan this week as well - can't see him hitting his BE and playing Sydney, they won't let him loose in the backline picking up +6s all day, so he will be cheaper in the next couple of weeks.

Plus trading him plus a rook allows me to get Rozee and Caldwell this week, so only got 1 rook left to get off the field.

Ryan -> Taranto
Salem -> Caldwell.

Salem straight out after 1 week thanks for your efforts.

Ryan out is a bit sideways(ish) but ever since Longmuir put their defence on notice to stop stat padding he's been... not stat padding.

Add to that Pearce being out for 3-4weeks surely Ryan's going to play more accountable footy.

Dropping in cash fast so I'm bailing out while he's still got value.

Need advice fam.

Bont 50% to play this week and my final rookie is Kai Lohmann, so need to do my trades early.

Initial play is:

Out: Kai Lohmann, Bruce Reville/Jye Clark (if Reville isn't sub)

In: Rozee, Evans (D8).

If Bont is out or if I don't risk it and assume he is, I'd be doing:

Out: Bont, Lohmann
In: Rozee, Caldwell

I see Bont as a best 22 mid so want to keep him, but equally want to try and chase down the pack and crack top 1k.

Do I risk short term pain knowing I have Dowling as mid cover or do I trade into Caldwell and drop Bont, with the hope of picking him back up next week for Sexton?

Need advice fam.

Bont 50% to play this week and my final rookie is Kai Lohmann, so need to do my trades early.

Initial play is:

Out: Kai Lohmann, Bruce Reville/Jye Clark (if Reville isn't sub)

In: Rozee, Evans (D8).

If Bont is out or if I don't risk it and assume he is, I'd be doing:

Out: Bont, Lohmann
In: Rozee, Caldwell

I see Bont as a best 22 mid so want to keep him, but equally want to try and chase down the pack and crack top 1k.

Do I risk short term pain knowing I have Dowling as mid cover or do I trade into Caldwell and drop Bont, with the hope of picking him back up next week for Sexton?
Maybe aim to trade Clark+ 1 of the brisbane boys (i.e whoever is sub).

Then you should be able to edit your moves to some extent if Bont is a late out?

Make sure utility isnt locked after friday night to give some flexibility to move players to the utility to help with editting moves.

Richards or Rivers? Still can't decide

Rivers looks to have the better role as Melb have no mids. Richards scores in the midfield have been without Libba so he was 80%+ CBA. If that dips to like 50-60% I am unsure on the pick.

Rivers looks locked to be 80% CBA guy but not much data to go off

There's also the option of going Rivers tonight and then if Bont is late out trading him to Richards for a premo score and then getting him back after the Carlton and Port games

Last edited:
I looked at his scoring history this year ....he's had other occasions where he's pumped out two consecutive **** scores ......it's such a tough call to hold or trade ....I've held, but not with great confidence
I picked him for his run home. The issue for me is, he probably now does better against better opponents that don’t allow the corridor usage.

A soft draw might actually be the worst thing for him because if Freo are the better side they’re much more likely to play like they did last week against GC.

Won’t get a gauge on it till the Richmond game next week but by then it’s potentially too late.

Maybe aim to trade Clark+ 1 of the brisbane boys (i.e whoever is sub).

Then you should be able to edit your moves to some extent if Bont is a late out?

Make sure utility isnt locked after friday night to give some flexibility to move players to the utility to help with editting moves.

Bless you my friend

Richards or Rivers? Still can't decide

Rivers looks to have the better role as Melb have no mids. Richards scores in the midfield have been without Libba so he was 80%+ CBA. If that dips to like 50-60% I am unsure on the pick.

Rivers looks locked to be 80% CBA guy but not much data to go off

There's also the option of going Rivers tonight and then if Bont is late out trading him to Richards for a premo score and then getting him back after the Carlton and Port games

I think you can wait a week on Rivers, I like him but he only got 21 touches v North last week and now plays a red hot Bris away with Ashcroft back. If he can go 90+ again and maintain the mid role (ie doesn't get bumped for ANB to tag Neale) he'll still be well priced for next week v WC.

Richards is a nice option this week for sure if you're shopping in that price range.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back