List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like you must be from Warrnambool area.

I saw George Stevens won a premiership yesterday for South Warrnambool, with Cluggers brother Myles.

Nah Maverick, just seen him every Summer grow and play representative Basketball around the State against same age bracket as my Son. Rebels and Pioneers my area Central Vic. Summer holidays at the beach in Warrnambool too Big George always up for a chat.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Would like to somehow manufacture 3 picks inside 35.

Would give Will Brown a shot with our third pick.

Was one I mentioned a while back. No idea if he can play, just liked the idea of adding some size to our midfield going forward to balance out the likes of Ashcroft x2. Need to try to find some tall and/ or explosive types into that mix.

Nah Maverick, just seen him every Summer grow and play representative Basketball around the State against same age bracket as my Son. Rebels and Pioneers my area Central Vic. Summer holidays at the beach in Warrnambool too Big George always up for a chat.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I grew up on a dairy farm just outside Warrnambool. I’m now in Melbourne.

I played school sports against some of the Ballarat schools like St Pats.

Looking forward to watching Levi Ashcroft, Sam Marshall, Tom Gillett and Ryan Gilder develop next year.

Annable, Geesu, Bridge and Hewitt as underages as well for the year after.
Yep, also reinforces the idea we should probably be topping up this year with mature players and preparing our picks for kids in the following year's.

Looking forward to watching Levi Ashcroft, Sam Marshall, Tom Gillett and Ryan Gilder develop next year.

Annable, Geesu, Bridge and Hewitt as underages as well for the year after.
I’m in the same boat.

I really hope our academy team plays all the top bottom agers.

I’d add Oscar Barry, Jack Slater, Jack Harrison and Ben Lillico to your list of bottom agers. Oscar Barry really impressed me at times playing as a medium defender, with his ability to rebound and play up a wing.

I hope Billy Richardson comes back to play as an overager. He’s a mid December birth, so he’s not one I would have an issue with. Also hope he plays as KPD, as I believe he’s got the scope to be a Jack Payne type of defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im still umming and ahhing about Zorko playing on next year. I can really see the value of him as a mature player and leader who can pitch hit different roles in different games. But at the same time I really worry that if he plays on, that he would hold a spot for much of the year and stop others developing.

I can see that we need someone like Sharp, Prior, Tunstill etc to really nail a spot and become a real contributor for us to play finals next year. But to do that they really need to play at least 10-15 games. If we continue to play Zorko most weeks, Im not sure they get that opportunity

Key forward is the major broad list gap that I can see, especially if Fullarton takes up an offer elsewhere. Leaves us very thin in that department.
I have tall defender, i.e someone who can cover Andrews or Payne as equal importance as a tall forward.

We’ve had Fullerton as cover for Daniher and Hipwood this year, if needed, but no one who could cover Andrews.

Im still umming and ahhing about Zorko playing on next year. I can really see the value of him as a mature player and leader who can pitch hit different roles in different games. But at the same time I really worry that if he plays on, that he would hold a spot for much of the year and stop others developing.

I can see that we need someone like Sharp, Prior, Tunstill etc to really nail a spot and become a real contributor for us to play finals next year. But to do that they really need to play at least 10-15 games. If we continue to play Zorko most weeks, Im not sure they get that opportunity
Wasn’t there meant to be a veterans list rule put in the place for this year or next though, where clubs could nominate ONE player with over 10 years experience at a particular club (Sorry Gunston - doesn’t imply to you :'().

Could be beneficial this year (if it happens) if someone like Zorko wants to go round again til 2024.

Wasn’t there meant to be a veterans list rule put in the place for this year or next though, where clubs could nominate ONE player with over 10 years experience at a particular club (Sorry Gunston - doesn’t imply to you :'().

Could be beneficial this year (if it happens) if someone like Zorko wants to go round again til 2024.
Just wanted to update on my previous post.

NO VETERANS ADDITION

THE MOOTED return of a veterans list was not part of the AFL’s new collective bargaining agreement that was brokered between the League and the AFL Players’ Association last month.

The AFL had sent a survey to clubs in August asking for feedback on a range of possible new player movement rules, including the reintroduction of a veterans list that would have allowed clubs to list one player as a veteran if they were over 32 years old and had served at least 10 years at the same club.

For instance, it would have allowed Adelaide to list one of Rory Sloane or Taylor Walker as a veteran for 2024 and opened up another spot on their primary list. The idea was designed to keep veterans in the game without sacrificing a list spot that a youngster may have taken, with the veteran’s full payments still counted in the salary cap.

However ,it was not a part of the CBA, with clubs not expecting it to be brought in for this off-season.

Clubs are anticipating two other of the AFL's proposed rule changes on rookie-listed players and future trading will come through for this year.

The rookie list tweak would see mid-season recruits such as Collingwood's Ash Johnson and Adelaide’s Patrick Parnell be able to be listed for three and a half years as a rookie instead of two and a half, having both been 2021 mid-season selections.

The other is around future trading, with current rules stating a club can only trade a future first-round pick if they hold a 'full suite' of future selections – their first, second, third and fourth-round picks.

But the AFL has sought feedback on removing the need to have a future fourth-rounder to be able to move the future first, which clubs believe will change this trade period. – Callum Twomey

RMC write up for the weekends game.

Side note: A lot of father son and academy talent next year. And I’m not even touching the nga kids.

Adelaide: Tyler Welsh.
Port: Rome Burgoyne + Louie Montgomery.
Carlton: Camporeale twins.
Suns: Leo Lombard (he plays exactly like Touk Miller and will be just as good).
Sydney: has decent 3 academy kids.
Brisbane: Ashcroft, Marshall & Gillett.

That’s 12 of the 46 that played.

IMG_1936.jpeg IMG_1935.jpeg IMG_1937.jpeg

I watched the game on TV, my thoughts after watching, we better start accumulating points because all three of our academy kids showed plenty.
Levi is ranked top five now. If he has a good year next year and there is no reason to doubt that he will continue his development he may be bid higher.
To me Marshall was equally impressive with his all round inside and outside game. From the last game I saw him play in the championship he appears to have significantly rounded his game. If he plays like he did in the Futures game there is every possibility he will be in a first round conversation.
I was also impressed with Gillett's game. He reminds me a lot of St Kilda's Marshall with his Ruck work and his around ground coverage.

Something to look forward following these kids next year.

Seems like we need a lot of points next year. Maybe we just hold on to our first round selection.

Just use our draft selections this year on mature age reserves grade players in their prime that have dominated their leagues. Even just to improve our depth and then get an influx of kids next year.

Mannagh is a small that runs all day from Werribee. Some of his games this year were elite and his consistency was very good. I see him as a ready made replacement for Zorko as he is 26. In his prime. His finishing is very good but he works is socks off defensively too.

I haven't watched a lot of VFL but if we miss out on Doedee then maybe Coghlan from Werribee is also worth a shot. Key defender and his intercept marking was very good in the games I watched. If the swans don't give Arnold a contract then he's a potential option too.

For the new draft crop I liked the look of Charlie Edwards. Seems like he'll be around the 20-30 mark in the draft but he has the attributes to go first round.

A Lions recruiting team special.

Dawson is arguably one of the most high upside prospects in the draft given his December birth, height and athleticism. He's genuinely in the top 3 or 4 marks of the draft and could be a very capable full back if developed right.

We should look at Joel Freijah from Horsham. Pure winger. He is being underrated this draft. Could be there at 27, but wouldn't surprise me if he is a late 1st or someone takes a flyer on him late 1st/early 2nd. Huge upside.

Not sure how to embed youtube. It didn't exist last time I was here. Edit: Does it automatically!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back