List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

To be topical any chance that Special Bruce Reville gets a chance at the club?

I am the driver of the Bruce Reville bandwagon. Mr Ripper can back me up here.

A few seasons ago I was up watching a reserves practice match and it was Bruce's first match. I said to Ripper, "Gee, this Bruce is special."

I even said to Bruce after the game he played well. His face lit up like Maverick's when Mav saw I was back here. He felt special.

Good to see he is starting to emerge.

A few seasons ago I was up watching a reserves practice match and it was Bruce's first match. I said to Ripper, "Gee, this Bruce is special."

I even said to Bruce after the game he played well. His face lit up like Maverick's when Mav saw I was back here. He felt special.

He was always able to do special things it just that he did not get enough of it.

a am
We should look at Joel Freijah from Horsham. Pure winger. He is being underrated this draft. Could be there at 27, but wouldn't surprise me if he is a late 1st or someone takes a flyer on him late 1st/early 2nd. Huge upside.

Not sure how to embed youtube. It didn't exist last time I was here. Edit: Does it automatically!

I’m a fan. Just not sure wing is a position of priority at the moment.

We also have some pretty talented kids coming through our academy in 2024 and 2025 who could play wing, or half back, and we could see Wilmot pushed up on to a wing again.

Yes I was very pleased to see you are still posting… Special Bruce The Original Stuntman 😜

So assuming pick 27 is our first (levi trades might mean it’s not)

Key position forward our most pressing need?

Who would be our option?

Can confirm.

Who would be our option?
Impossible to know.

Could be a slider.

Wow, did not expect him to be still available at 27. We had him rated pick 12.

I’m a believer of taking the best player in the draft and trade for positional need.

Who would be our option?
Keep in mind we have a 3rd tall/KPD + a KPF/Ruck in our academy for next years draft.

A good one would be nice
Look would love one to come on but we have a surplus between Oscar, Fort, Fullerton, Lane, Smith and Buzza. Fullerton might leave and Fort is more just the first ruck back up to Oscar. But really not sure we need 6 guys who kinda play the same role.

Look would love one to come on but we have a surplus between Oscar, Fort, Fullerton, Lane, Smith and Buzza. Fullerton might leave and Fort is more just the first ruck back up to Oscar. But really not sure we need 6 guys who kinda play the same role.

We have 4 rucks on the list. 0 ruck/forwards IMO with Fullarton leaving

Preferably I'd swap Lane for a ruck/forward and develop a KPF

Buzza not worth mentioning. He's an AFLQ employee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oscar and Fort are genuine Rucks, not forwards, Lane is a developing Ruck, Smith has ability in both areas so that’s a tick ✅ Fullarton is leaving and Buzza is on the VFL list.
So the way I see it we definitely need Ruck/Forward depth, particularly forwards who can ruck a bit.

In
Keep in mind we have a 3rd tall/KPD + a KPF/Ruck in our academy for next years draft.

Interesting

I am sure you have explained elsewhere your view, how you would you rate them as prospects? They both seem to be Melbourne based?

Oscar and Fort are genuine Rucks, not forwards, Lane is a developing Ruck, Smith has ability in both areas so that’s a tick ✅ Fullarton is leaving and Buzza is on the VFL list.
So the way I see it we definitely need Ruck/Forward depth, particularly forwards who can ruck a bit.
I actually think Oscar is a decent forward. Personally if we were to play both Oscar and Fort I'd put Oscar forward more.

We are seeing some change over but I still think we have been having too many ruck/forwards and not enough pure forwards on our list. Its been a weird balance the last year or 2 where too many guys competing in the same roles in the twos

I mentioned it in the other thread. Finnbar Maley is the one I want at the club.

Link to the NFNL Grand Final Highlights.

Strong overhead. Agile. Presents well around the ground. Good in ruck. Dangerous up forward.

https://vfl.aflmstats.com/player/Finnbar_Maley

I actually think Oscar is a decent forward. Personally if we were to play both Oscar and Fort I'd put Oscar forward more.

We are seeing some change over but I still think we have been having too many ruck/forwards and not enough pure forwards on our list. Its been a weird balance the last year or 2 where too many guys competing in the same roles in the twos
We need someone in there who is a bit more mobile than a resting ruck as the third tall.
Someone who is predominantly a forward who can ruck as a chop out but also able to provide a bit of pressure when the ball hits the ground.

If that list floating around about who the Saints could have had with their first round selections makes anyone else curious about our own drafting record:

2. Will Ashcroft (18 games Father/Son, next picks were Harry Sheezel 23, George Wardlaw 8, and Elijah Tsatas 4)
12. Jaspa Fletcher (14 games Father/Son, next picks were Jedd Busslinger 0, Elijah Hewett 14, and Matthew Jefferson 0)

16. Darcy Wilmot (29 games, next picks were Tom Brown 1, Angus Sheldrick 9, and Jacob Van Rooyen 20)
20. Kai Lohmann (8 games, next picks were Matt Johnson 18, Josh Goater 11, and Sam Butler 17)

24. Blake Coleman (0 games Academy, next picks were Brayden Cook 12, Matthew Allison 0, and Nathan O'Driscoll 22)
43. Harry Sharp (10 games, next picks were Beau McCreery 60, Tom Highmore 16, and Tyler Brockman 26)
48. Henry Smith (0 games, next picks were Ollie Lord 13, Brandon Walker 45 Academy, Maurice Rioli 27 Father/Son)

22. Devon Robertson (41 games, next picks were Dylan Williams 22, Harry Shoenberg 57, and Jackson Mead 18 Father/Son)
33. Brock Smith (0 games, next picks were Jack Mahony 44, Flynn Perez 24, and Elijah Taylor 4)
37. Keidean Coleman (64 games Academy, next picks were Nick Bryan 14, Chad Warner 60, and Jay Rantall 5)
59. Jaxon Prior (35 games, next picks were Jy Farrar 34, Michael Frederick 58, and Riley Garcia 19)

21. Ely Smith (0 games, next picks were Xavier O'Halloran 48, Jez McLennan 0, and Bobby Hill 65)
36. Thomas Berry (26 games, next picks were Laitham Vandermeer 44, Irving Mosquito 4 Academy, and Jarrod Cameron 12 Academy)
40. Tom Joyce (0 games, next pick was Jack Bytel 22)
42. Connor McFayden (0 games Academy, next picks were Jack Ross 63, Justin McInerney 72, and Ben Cavarra 4)
55. Noah Answerth (55 games, next picks were Marty Hore 14, Lachlan Shultz 90, and Fraser Turner 0)

1. Cameron Rayner (113 games, next picks were Andrew Brayshaw 123, Paddy Dow 73, and Luke Davies-Uniake 85)
15. Zac Bailey (118 games, next picks were Ed Richards 104 and Jack Higgins 102)
18. Brandon Starcevich (97 games, next picks were Wil Powell 87, Callum Coleman-Jones 28, and Oscar Allen 82)
41. Toby Wooller (0 games, next pick was Charlie Ballard 110)
43. Connor Ballenden (3 games, next picks were Hugh Dixon 11, James Worpel 102, and Ben Paton 67)
54. Jack Payne (50 games, next picks were Connor Nutting 0, Zac Langdon 56, and Gryan Miers 106)

3. Hugh McCluggage (155 games, next picks were Ben Ainsworth 117, Will Setterfield 67 Academy, and Sam Petrevski-Seton 121)
17. Jarrod Berry (133 games, next picks were Sam Powell-Pepper 139, Timothy English 108, and Isaac Cumming 75 Academy)
23. Alex Witherdon and
24. Cedric Cox (103 and 13 games, next picks were Ben Long 94, Brandan Parfitt 121, and Zac Fisher 107)
55. Jacob Allison (10 games Academy, next picks were Edward Phillips 15, Josh Daicos 103 Father/Son, Matthew De Boer 85)
71. Corey Lyons (0 games, next picks were Ryan Garthwaite 14 Academy, Nick Larkey 94, and Harry Morrison 91)

2. Josh Schache (75 games, next picks were Callum Mills 155 Academy, Clayton Oliver 162, and Darcy Parish 150)
14. Eric Hipwood (153 games Academy, next picks were Daniel Rioli 160, Harrison Himmelberg 152 Academy, and Tom Doedee 82)
24. Ben Keays (113 games Academy, next picks were Josh Dunkley 140 Father/Son, Kieran Collins 1, and Darcy Tucker 126)
39. Rhys Mathieson (72 games, next picks were Brandon White 11, Matthew Flynn 33 Academy, and Mitch King 0)
47. Sam Skinner (5 games, next picks were Bailey Williams 127, Bailey Rice 11 Father/Son, and Oleg Markov 74)

Last edited:
Again, we have this bloke in our academy for next year’s draft.

My personal view is that Gillett is very much a forward ruck, and not a number one ruck.

View attachment 1823761

Are we going to potentially need a truckload of points next season?

We should look at Joel Freijah from Horsham. Pure winger. He is being underrated this draft. Could be there at 27, but wouldn't surprise me if he is a late 1st or someone takes a flyer on him late 1st/early 2nd. Huge upside.

Not sure how to embed youtube. It didn't exist last time I was here. Edit: Does it automatically!

Kids theses days never get the joy of discovering new tech.

They just know/expect miracles.

#joysofbeingold 🤣

If that list floating around about who the Saints could have had with their first round selections makes anyone else curious about our own drafting record:

2. Will Ashcroft (18 games Father/Son, next picks were Harry Sheezel 23, George Wardlaw 8, and Elijah Tsatas 4)
12. Jaspa Fletcher (14 games Father/Son, next picks were Jedd Busslinger 0, Elijah Hewett 14, and Matthew Jefferson 0)

16. Darcy Wilmot (29 games, next picks were Tom Brown 1, Angus Sheldrick 9, and Jacob Van Rooyen 20)
20. Kai Lohmann (8 games, next picks were Matt Johnson 18, Josh Goater 11, and Sam Butler 17)

24. Blake Coleman (0 games Academy, next picks were Brayden Cook 12, Matthew Allison 0, and Nathan O'Driscoll 22)
43. Harry Sharp (10 games, next picks were Beau McCreery 60, Tom Highmore 16, and Tyler Brockman 26)
48. Henry Smith (0 games, next picks were Ollie Lord 13, Brandon Walker 45 Academy, Maurice Rioli 27 Father/Son)

22. Devon Robertson (41 games, next picks were Dylan Williams 22, Harry Shoenberg 57, and Jackson Mead 18 Father/Son)
33. Brock Smith (0 games, next picks were Jack Mahony 44, Flynn Perez 24, and Elijah Taylor 4)
37. Keidean Coleman (64 games Academy, next picks were Nick Bryan 14, Chad Warner 60, and Jay Rantall 5)
59. Jaxon Prior (35 games, next picks were Jy Farrar 34, Michael Frederick 58, and Riley Garcia 19)

21. Ely Smith (0 games, next picks were Xavier O'Halloran 48, Jez McLennan 0, and Bobby Hill 65)
36. Thomas Berry (26 games, next picks were Laitham Vandermeer 44, Irving Mosquito 4 Academy, and Jarrod Cameron 12 Academy)
40. Tom Joyce (0 games, next pick was Jack Bytel 22)
42. Connor McFayden (0 games Academy, next picks were Jack Ross 63, Justin McInerney 72, and Ben Cavarra 4)
55. Noah Answerth (55 games, next picks were Marty Hore 14, Lachlan Shultz 90, and Fraser Turner 0)

1. Cameron Rayner (113 games, next picks were Andrew Brayshaw 123, Paddy Dow 73, and Luke Davies-Uniake 85)
15. Zac Bailey (118 games, next picks were Ed Richards 104 and Jack Higgins 102)
18. Brandon Starcevich (97 games, next picks were Wil Powell 87, Callum Coleman-Jones 28, and Oscar Allen 82)
41. Toby Wooller (0 games, next pick was Charlie Ballard 110)
43. Connor Ballenden (3 games, next picks were Hugh Dixon 11, James Worpel 102, and Ben Paton 67)
54. Jack Payne (50 games, next picks were Connor Nutting 0, Zac Langdon 56, and Gryan Miers 106)

3. Hugh McCluggage (155 games, next picks were Ben Ainsworth 117, Will Setterfield 67 Academy, and Sam Petrevski-Seton 121)
17. Jarrod Berry (133 games, next picks were Sam Powell-Pepper 139, Timothy English 108, and Isaac Cumming 75 Academy)
23. Alex Witherdon and
24. Cedric Cox (103 and 13 games, next picks were Ben Long 94, Brandan Parfitt 121, and Zac Fisher 107)
55. Jacob Allison (10 games Academy, next picks were Edward Phillips 15, Josh Daicos 103 Father/Son, Matthew De Boer 85)
71. Corey Lyons (0 games, next picks were Ryan Garthwaite 14 Academy, Nick Larkey 94, and Harry Morrison 91)

2. Josh Schache (75 games, next picks were Callum Mills 155 Academy, Clayton Oliver 162, and Darcy Parish 150)
14. Eric Hipwood (153 games Academy, next picks were Daniel Rioli 160, Harrison Himmelberg 152 Academy, and Tom Doedee 82)
24. Ben Keays (113 games Academy, next picks were Josh Dunkley 140 Father/Son, Kieran Collins 1, and Darcy Tucker 126)
39. Rhys Mathieson (72 games, next picks were Brandon White 11, Matthew Flynn 33 Academy, and Mitch King 0)
47. Sam Skinner (5 games, next picks were Bailey Williams 127, Bailey Rice 11 Father/Son, and Oleg Markov 74)
I love Starc but man how good would Oscar Allen be in our forward line

Are we going to potentially need a truckload of points next season?
Just my opinion.

At this stage, the top end of next year’s draft looks stronger and deeper than the last few years.

A lot (I mean a lot) of bottom age kids played CTL this year, and were main players in their teams.

So much so, that Vic Metro’s midfield was almost entirely bottom agers at this year’s championships.

Same applied to SA, and their MVP was a bottom age mid.

I believe Levi is bid on in the 5 to 10 range.

Marshall is a potential end of first round, early second round candidate.

Not sure of the ranges for Gillett and Gilder. A lot will depend on their development over the next 12 months.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back