List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think he has lost some distance on his long kicks?

Trying to remember if he’s had a shot from 50 this year.
I had a look at footywire and he has kicked 2 behinds for the year, can not recall how far they were from.

Losing distance hasn't stood out for me just the hesitation.

I had a look at footywire and he has kicked 2 behinds for the year, can not recall how far they were from.

Losing distance hasn't stood out for me just the hesitation.
Pretty sure they were both pings from outside 50.

I think he's taking fewer because Kiddie and Dayne have been playing as a higher HBF than Rich has. Last year Birchall stayed back in the middle of the field and Rich was up a bit. This year Rich stays back and the other guys are playing higher, so Daniel is less likely to be in a position to take the shots without potentially leaving space unguarded.

Was impressed watching the run along the wing by the Academy player watching on my small phone screen, even more excited when they said it was Jaspa Fletcher. Moves really well.

The way Ashcroft started this game in the first quarter (he's played more forward for the second), he looked a step above at this level. His hands in close are Neale-esc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm ..... how is that ?????
The Allies Squad List shows:

NAMESURNAMEDOBSTATECOMMUNITY CLUBACADEMY/TEAM
AnthonyMunkara03-10-04Northern TerritoryTiwi BombersWest Adelaide / NT Thunder

No mention of NAB League or Next Gen connection ....... ?????
I am guessing from above he may be doing schooling in SA ..... hence the mention of West Adelaide.

Anyway, my interest was because he is making an impression on me in the Academy game.

Hmmm ..... how is that ?????
The Allies Squad List shows:

NAMESURNAMEDOBSTATECOMMUNITY CLUBACADEMY/TEAM
AnthonyMunkara03-10-04Northern TerritoryTiwi BombersWest Adelaide / NT Thunder

No mention of NAB League or Next Gen connection ....... ?????
I am guessing from above he may be doing schooling in SA ..... hence the mention of West Adelaide.

Anyway, my interest was because he is making an impression on me in the Academy game.
If he’s from the Tiwi Islands, that’s part of Essendon’s NGA zone.

I can definitely see Fletcher on a wing for us. Just watching on the coverage, I thought he worked the wings well, had one run where he looked to have some genuine pace, and thought he was tidy with the ball when given the chance. Needs to work on getting a bit more of it (similar to some of the wings we have at the moment).

Last edited:
I can definitely see Fletcher on a wing for us. Just watching on the coverage, I thought he worked the wings well, had one run where he looked to have some genuine pace, and thought he was tidy with the ball when given the chance. Needs to work on getting a bit more of it (similar to some of the wings we have at the moment).
Considering the time he spent on the ground, I thought he did well. 14 disposals, pretty much all clean possessions too.
Narrow ground made it difficult for the players to find any space. (Cant recall too many bounces for the day)
Jaspa made numerous efforts to make position for switches etc, and was often over looked.
Most of these boys were playing together for the first time, which is a challenge in itself.
One thing I love about him is his willingness to get back and help his defenders.

Wardlaw for me was the stand out. Hard as a cats head and lovely skills.
Will had alot of rushed kicks/possessions but generally pretty good as a whole.
Thought Sheezel struggled along with Tsatas who I thought was underwhelming considering his hype.
Overall though, it looks a pretty handy group coming through the system.

Considering the time he spent on the ground, I thought he did well. 14 disposals, pretty much all clean possessions too.
Narrow ground made it difficult for the players to find any space. (Cant recall too many bounces for the day)
Jaspa made numerous efforts to make position for switches etc, and was often over looked.
Most of these boys were playing together for the first time, which is a challenge in itself.
One thing I love about him is his willingness to get back and help his defenders.

Oh don't get me wrong, I was impressed by what I saw. Thought he played the wing role really well.

Oh don't get me wrong, I was impressed by what I saw. Thought he played the wing role really well.
Apologies mate, didn't want my reply to give you that impression.
As I was at the ground, I saw first hand how difficult it was to find space out there today.
I'm sure most of the boys wouldve liked to have had the ball a bit more. 2 big accumulators in Wardlaw and Ashcroft getting 18 and 24 respectively shows how tough it was.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back