List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

I assume that means that any bids post 54 will be completely free hits and just can be matched by any late pick?

I think it just means that you won't be able to package up picks after Pick 54 to a mythical value that allows you to draft a first rounder if you have enough of them.

This is fair enough, as Picks in the 60's almost hold no value other than to be used to match academy or father son bids, and you can acquire them for a can of coke and chips.

If you have a gun first round academy or father/son kid, you now will need to find enough picks inside the first 54 to match a bid - and they will become harder to attain.

Academy or father/son kids not bid on inside the first 54 picks should probably just be freebies to their respective clubs anyway, so will be interesting to see if they make that change

Sam Marshall very quiet in the VFL yesterday, 13 disposals and can not say I noticed his game at all, probably just trying to adjust to his first game of VFL, wouldn't of played at that level of competition before.

Sam Marshall very quiet in the VFL yesterday, 13 disposals and can not say I noticed his game at all, probably just trying to adjust to his first game of VFL, wouldn't of played at that level of competition before.

I thought he did some nice things with the ball. Definitely had his game time managed though.

Looks pretty solid but with no outstanding attributes. Think he'll slide to 30s or later

I didn't watch the game but his stats look good. 28 disposals (14k/14h, incl. 7 contested possessions), 476 metres gained, 7 I50s and a match-high 12 score involvements.

Still got a quarter to go. He hasn't played a lot of midfield today but has looked good as a link up player, working hard and really started to involve himself in the last ten minutes or so. No problem racking them up because of his workrate.

Bit hard to pick him up when he was listed in the ap as 66, but played in 53. Took me to about half time to figure it out🤔

Still got a quarter to go. He hasn't played a lot of midfield today but has looked good as a link up player, working hard and really started to involve himself in the last ten minutes or so. No problem racking them up because of his workrate.
Forget I said anything, those are his stats from the previous game v WA. I went to the wrong game in the match centre

(Log in to remove this ad.)

U16 boys beat the Suns 71-49. Only caught the second half but Cooper Hodge had some classy moments. I can see why that oppo poster was pumping up Hamish McPherson, he had a 5 minute burst to start the 4th where he looked very lively and dangerous.

Noah Cameron, Matthew Owen & Jared Moss did some nice things.

The most impressive player for me was Caylen Murray. Tough at the contest, fast & skillful. Could be the pick of the bunch for the 2026 crop.

Cooper Hodge choosing the Lions over Hawthorn would just about be the end of the academy system I reckon. Lol.

Genuinely fear that it’ll cause a meltdown and further neutering. My sincere opinion is that it is too much of a rort even for me. But I hope it happens for the sweet sweet ammunition.

Are the hodge boys highly rated?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back