List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be a great result for us wouldn’t it if Ashcroft fell to #3 and Marshall #28?
James Barrat comes in at 30, looks like we are not going to jag him late Crusha :(

Would be a great result for us wouldn’t it if Ashcroft fell to #3 and Marshall #28?
The first five are all smallish mids.
Not all clubs in draft positions 1-8 draft night will want smallish mids.
Hopefully Levi drops all the way to 5, I can only hope.

ESPN have Smillie a 194cm mid at 10.
Rookie Me Central have him at 4 but that was August

Lalor will go top 3.

He’s this year’s late season bolter. (He’s not really a bolter though)

Lalor will go top 3.

Best leadership credentials in Vic Country since Peter.

Lalor will go top 3.

I have not seen anyone play or even their clips except clips of Levi. After the GF i will take more of an interest.
That was what i was trying to say is on that list and Rookie Me Central list there's quite a few small mids in the top 5 or so.
Laylor listed as mid/fwd and 187cm and Smillie 194cm mid
It is possible that clubs may want a bigger mid then the ones presently listed at the top 5.
I am just hoping that is the case and Levi falls to the 4-5 pick

I have not seen anyone play or even their clips except clips of Levi. After the GF i will take more of an interest.
That was what i was trying to say is on that list and Rookie Me Central list there's quite a few small mids in the top 5 or so.
Laylor listed as mid/fwd and 187cm and Smillie 194cm mid
It is possible that clubs may want a bigger mid then the ones presently listed at the top 5.
I am just hoping that is the case and Levi falls to the 4-5 pick
My top 3 are Sid Draper, Lalor and Levi. Not sold on Smillie at senior level, he's not a Tom Green type of big mid.

My top 3 are Sid Draper, Lalor and Levi. Not sold on Smillie at senior level, he's not a Tom Green type of big mid.
Reminded me a bit more of a Nat Fyfe type.
Or could develop into a similar type of player, but may kick goals better than Fyfe.

Am I an idiot or does this not matter?

Because if the pick you need to match is worth less it doesn’t matter that the later picks aren’t as valuable?

Looks like the biggest difference is in the later picks; picks 33+34+35+36+37 no longer equals pick 1

Because if the pick you need to match is worth less it doesn’t matter that the later picks aren’t as valuable?

Looks like the biggest difference is in the later picks; picks 33+34+35+36+37 no longer equals pick 1
It 100% matters if you have multiple kids to match, like Gold Coast, Brisbane & Sydney all have for next years draft.

Teams will prioritise the best kid, and weigh up if it’s worth trading future picks for points to match on multiple kids, especially if they have more kids the following year.

It 100% matters if you have multiple kids to match, like Gold Coast, Brisbane & Sydney all have for next years draft.

Teams will prioritise the best kid, and weigh up if it’s worth trading future picks for points to match on multiple kids, especially if they have more kids the following year.

Which is probably fair in the rare case these clubs have more than 2 in the top 20-30

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they open up 2 years of future pick trading, the impact may be levelled out a bit. All clubs will be in gambling mode when trading 2 years ahead, no idea where any club would finish.

I am not smart enough to look at the whole picture.
Just going on the sticky at the top of the thread using Lions & Tigers

Brisbane Lions have: Picks 15 - 53 - 69 worth 1394 points.
Using New model, it would be 973 + 28 = 1001 points

Richmond old model total points 5986
Under new model the total is only 4074

I am not smart enough to look at the whole picture.
Just going on the sticky at the top of the thread using Lions & Tigers

Brisbane Lions have: Picks 15 - 53 - 69 worth 1394 points.
Using New model, it would be 973 + 28 = 1001 points

Richmond old model total points 5986
Under new model the total is only 4074
Big picture is to make it harder to match very top end kids and/or to match multiple good kids.

Haven’t read the article yet, but does it mention if the AFL is keeping the 20% discount or if it’s going?

All depends on trades of course, but you'd expect at least 1 or 2 clubs will pull a trigger on a key position player or at least a tall mid.

I can't see North wanting another small mid for example. They desperately need some other types

Big picture is to make it harder to match very top end kids and/or to match multiple good kids.

Haven’t read the article yet, but does it mention if the AFL is keeping the 20% discount or if it’s going?
I don't expect them to keep the discount. Seems like it might be one of the key aspects to lose to appease other clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back