List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Daniel Annable on Grand Final Day in the AFL Futures Game.
(I would have had this out sooner but, something else has dominated my "screen time" since Saturday)

Daniel Annable #14 Team Hepple (Green)

What is not so evident on the video (as it was cutting it together) is just how much two-way running Annable does (something I think was mentioned previously by #Miller1971 in his assessment).

I was going to do some clips of Geesu, but given he was given so little time on the ground there may not be much to see (we'll see).

Last edited:
Sorry Elixuh - hate to disagree with you, but Daicos was excellent and his performance carried the pies. Much more a situation of the players around him and DeGoey being injured/much worse than them no longer carrying him.
So I admit, when I started following AFL from a Rugby League family my favourite player was Peter Daicos, I even had 35 on my back mainly because I was terrible and that was the highest number in under 13's. Now am a life long Lions supporter since they started in Brisbane.

The thing with Daicos that I see is his flexibility, they can move him to beat a tag and they loose nothing. if he is tagged in the midfield they move him to half back and they get drive. if he is tagged there they move him to half forward and they get goals. A wing or Midfield he just delivers anywhere. Frankly I couldn't give a stuff about Collingwood and hope they win the wooden spoon and I think Daicos gets a great ride from the umpires. I walked past Daicos at the grand final, shoulder to shoulder and I thought him taller than he loos on the field.

I think of Callum Ah Chee as our most flexible player - I'd rather him but Daicos aint a bad player.

(I would have had this out sooner but, something else has dominated my "screen time" since Saturday)

What is not so evident on the video (as it was cutting it together) is just how much two-way running Annable does (something I think was mentioned previously by #Miller1971 in his assessment).

I was going to do some clips of Geeesu, but given he was given so little time on the ground there may not be much to see (we'll see).

Thanks Crusha, from the albeit short clips I get the feeling of a more athletic Jarryd Lyons. Very good in the contest, great hands and a neat enough kick, obviosuly with a better athletic profile.

Thanks Crusha, from the albeit short clips I get the feeling of a more athletic Jarryd Lyons. Very good in the contest, great hands and a neat enough kick, obviosuly with a better athletic profile.
Exactly the comparison I have been saying.

You add WAshcroft, Fletcher, LAshcroft, Marshall & Annable, and we’re going to have a midfield that can run.

Hope old men Berry and McCluggage will be able to keep up.

Exactly the comparison I have been saying.

You add WAshcroft, Fletcher, LAshcroft, Marshall & Annable, and we’re going to have a midfield that can run.

Hope old men Berry and McCluggage will be able to keep up.

And hope Murray, Owen, Boothey, Rafter, Stolz and Ellen are watching getting inspiration.

I was going to do some clips of Geeesu, but given he was given so little time on the ground there may not be much to see (we'll see).

very impressive! appreciate your efforts Crusha

I was going to do some clips of Geesu, but given he was given so little time on the ground there may not be much to see (we'll see).

Annabelle looks a natural replacement for Dunkley.

Annabelle looks a natural replacement for Dunkley.
Dunks is only 27 so he's got another 5 years min. left I would suggest. So two of them running around for a few years would not be a bad thing.

Last edited:
L.Neale, McCluggage, Dunkley, Berry, Ashcroft x 2, Fletcher, Annabelle and Rayner and Bailey going through at times, seriously deep midfield in 2/3 years time. I can see Neale going at least another 3 years, especially with W.Ashcroft stepping up hopefully it will lighten his load a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back