Resource 2024 Finals Ticketing and other finals info

Remove this Banner Ad

Preliminary Final v Sydney
Friday 20 September
7.10pm ACST / 7.40pm AEST
SCG

All you need to know about Preliminary Final ticketing is available here.

Once available, tickets can be purchased here.

From the webpage at that first link. As I expected from prior years PF final tickets are double what the are for QF and SF ( which are the same price)

Preliminary Final v Sydney
Friday 20 September
7.10pm ACST / 7.40pm AEST
SCG

Members are required to purchase finals tickets and can purchase 2x tickets per eligible barcode.

Members will have priority access to purchase tickets before the General Public.

Member Pre-sale is Monday 16 September, 9.30am-1.30pm ACST / 10am-2pm AEST .
General Public on sale is from 2.30pm ACST / 3pm AEST.

Once available, tickets can be purchased here.

Members will be required to enter their 12 digit barcode to access the pre-sale.

Members will be emailed their 12-digit barcode number, or can login anytime to access here.

When using your barcodes on Ticketek, please enter in a list format with no additional characters (remove Ad, Jn, Co).
Transaction limit is 10.

Accessible tickets will be released online via Ticketek.

Finals ticket type is linked to the membership category. For example, a Junior membership barcode will only permit the purchase of a Junior finals ticket.

Members will be able to select their preferred price category subject to availability.

Juniors 3 and under as at 1/1/2024 do not require a ticket but cannot occupy a seat.
Tickets will be allocated until capacity is exhausted.

Ticket prices
AdultConcessionJuniorFamily
Category 1$209$157$63$418
Category 2$158$119$47$1316
Category 3$121$91$36$242
Category 4$65$49$20$130
Restricted View$65$49$20$130

How are priority groups determined?
For AFL Finals weeks 1 to 3, there are no priority groups. All game access members have priority for weeks 1-3 finals. This includes Western Stand, Reserved Seat and General Admission members.
Priority Groups are only used for Grand Final ticketing. Members pay additional to receive this benefit (Club 1870, Black Diamond, Platinum and Gold).

How are the seating allocations determined?
The AFL is responsible for the overall ticketing arrangements for the Finals Series including pricing, on-sales and ticketing allocations.
The overall venue capacity is divided into the following categories:
  • Club Members (home team)
  • Club Members (away team)
  • Stadium Members
  • Corporate
  • Club internal allocations
  • AFL Members

Plane prices to get to the prelim are a joke. Probs will head to Alberton for it.
On the subject of flights, tempting fate but I looked at flights from ADL to Mel for the GF weekend and as expected the prices are starting a deep climb.

Was able to find lite fares on Virgin leaving at 7.30 Sat morning and returning on the 6.10 flight from Melbourne later that afternoon for $570pp if you wanted to leave straight after the game and risk the Tulla fwy nightmare.

In previous years have booked business fares early knowing that full refunds were available but who would have thought it was even a remote possibility this year?

IF we were to make the GF the best bet is the Friday drive over and back Sunday. But LOL, here's me getting excited again. I never learn.

Speaking of, thought I'd do some research into the situation. Here is the loading and costs of all the flights on Thurs and Friday that'll make the game.

*These are only the direct flights, ONE WAY, and they don't include the empty business class seats on Qantas, which is mostly empty at the moment.

Remaining = seats left obviously.

View attachment 2110893

Jetstar amazingly fully booked Friday and heavily booked Thursday. I would be surprised if they dont put more flights on, but that is easier said than done as planes are usually being flown in patterns.

Qantas has a LOT of seats and bumping up the prices up a bit, but not heaps. It seems to correlate pretty much to how many seats are left. You can see the 11am flight below is $455 with 48 seats left, but above, the flights with ~48 seats left are going for $522. So looks like a ~$70 busy with AFL tax.

WEEK AFTER PRELIM for comparison.
View attachment 2110902
Go via Melbourne.

Its the 3rd or 4th busiest domestic air route in the world. They are plenty of reasonable priced flights at good times. Just if the pricks at the airlines pump up the prices on the Adel-Melb route.

Surely there’ll be plenty of tickets. Don't they keep 50% for the away team?
Do they? I’m not sure, when we join the que to buy tickets Ticketek doesn’t know what supporter group we are.

48k capacity and port get allocated 50% according to the girls at the membership department..
Surely there will be enough tickets. Can't see us using all that allocation. I mean it would be incredible to see 24k port fans, we'd certainly drown out swans theatregoers in noise.
As I questioned in previous post, we log into Ticketek and join a que, when we enter this que it doesn’t asked if we are Port members or Sydney members, so how can it be evenly distributed?

As I questioned in previous post, we log into Ticketek and join a que, when we enter this que it doesn’t asked if we are Port members or Sydney members, so how can it be evenly distributed?
In the process for tickets the last couple of weeks, at some point there is a question about which team you support, maybe that makes a difference?

48k capacity and port get allocated 50% according to the girls at the membership department..
Surely there will be enough tickets. Can't see us using all that allocation. I mean it would be incredible to see 24k port fans, we'd certainly drown out swans theatregoers in noise.
It doesn't really work that way.

Firstly part of the SCG members area isn't available to swans or Port members but not all of it.

Secondly the corporate areas and AFL and clubs' allocations wont be available to swans or Port members, so maybe 40k will available to swans and Port members.

They will split the capacity in 2, but then they watch the uptake and start moving Port bays to be available to Sydney members if its sees say a 10 to 1 buying rate by swans v Port members. The first few minutes the buying rate will be similar, but after that pretty quickly they start making port members bays available to swans members.

There will be some Port members bays that they will not change to swans members bays even if the higher buying rate kicks in.

If you look at the outer wing at AO at ground level, bays 130 to 132 were full of Hawks members ( with the odd Port supporter near the back of the bay), then 133 to 137 was for Port members and 138 to 140 was for Hawk members. The 130 and 140 bays don't hold as many people as the others in that 11 bay strip so it was a pretty equal allocation of those 7,000 odd seats.

They should do this sort of stuff at the SCG ie the visiting team members have access to some of the best seats not all behind the goals. But don't be surprised if the pricks don't do it, or don't do it properly / equally.

The AFL are pricks at the MCG and the Melbourne Media mafia are oblivious to it.

Club members for finals and GFs do not have access to seats on the wing. That includes Vic clubs.

On the southern side of the ground the AFL members reserve has 23,000 seats for its members to purchase and the MCC members have 22,500 seats to purchase on the northern wing.

So if Port play a final at the MCG and you use your Port Code you automatically get allocated tickets usually behind the goals at the Punt Rd end and then in pockets either side of the goals and they usually only have 1 bay each on southern and northern ends where the 50m arc hits the boundary line for Port members and lots of them for the Vic team.

The same sort of shit will happen with the GF.

In 2004 because of the northern end construction and restricted capacity of 77k, Port members did get the top tier seats in the AFL members section on the wing, my family got seats there and it was a great view.

In 2007 there was a **** up by Ticketek and the AFL ie what else do you expect from them, and the highest priority members got seats behind each goal end and the 3 game member types got the better seats on the flanks.

Last edited:
In the process for tickets the last couple of weeks, at some point there is a question about which team you support, maybe that makes a difference?
Process
Told que will open at said time
Said time person allocated to que
Your turn in que enter barcode (not password)
Successful barcode recognition you can choose which member you are to then choose seats.

Process
Told que will open at said time
Said time person allocated to que
Your turn in que enter barcode (not password)
Successful barcode recognition you can choose which member you are to then choose seats.
So that’s probably how they group each team’s supporters together, but still doesn’t seem to explain how they manage quotas for each supporter base does it.

Would like to go to the prelim, but have just discovered my membership doesn't have match access and so I don't have a barcode. I'd like to get three tickets, so if there's anyone here who isn't planning on attending and has a couple of adult member barcodes they'd be happy to share via PM, that'd be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Gotta laugh at the pants pissers at the AFL. They are so sensitive to bad news or stuff that doesn't make them look great.

I went to the AFL website an hour ago and clicked on the sydney v Port game ticketing stuff at

Then thought I'd go to Port's website and found the info I posted above. went back to shut this page down and saw this
  • Find answers to FAQ relating to Finals Series tickets
  • View ticket prices for the Toyota AFL Finals Series
I decide to click on the prices so I could get the graphic and compare how much the tickets have gone up and they take you to the 2023 Finals Series Ticket prices from Week1 to GF graphic and I posted in post #
  • #317 of this thread.

back in August they published this article on their website and spun it that there was a price freeze in this cost living crisis era. But see how they only talked about entry level prices not accross all categories. Can't then produce a graphic where people can compare things and see you are bullshit about a true freeze.

The AFL has today announced a price freeze on all entry level tickets for all matches at all venues across all four weeks of the 2024 Toyota AFL Finals Series, including the 2024 Toyota AFL Grand Final.

Entry level tickets for weeks one to three of the finals series have remained at 2016 prices – a nine-year price freeze - with Weeks One and Two frozen at $35 and Week Three frozen at $65.

The $185 entry level reserved seat ticket price for the Grand Final has been frozen for the sixth year in a row, since 2019.

Last edited:
Go via Melbourne.

Its the 3rd or 4th busiest domestic air route in the world. They are plenty of reasonable priced flights at good times. Just if the pricks at the airlines pump up the prices on the Adel-Melb route.
My wife works for Qantas, so I can get there for $60 return on standby tickets. I'm not going, just thought I'd share.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$650 was the Black Diamond Fee a few years ago. Can't remember which year.

This is what it will cost you to buy a Premium A, Black Diamond or Club 1870 membership for 2025 season. These are the memberships with GF Guarantee tickets along with Premium B which will cost $540 and Western Stand Essential Power Platinum which cost $500.

Gold A membership in 2025 will cost you $500.

View attachment 2111707

Mate, do you know how long the waitlist is for Club 1870?

Living in Sydney I’ll be trying to attend using an SA mates membership who can’t attend.

Having never purchased tickets as a member or using someone else’s membership, can anyone explain how this works?

Thanks!
Make sure you have a Ticketek account and you know the details. That’s about.

Mate, do you know how long the waitlist is for Club 1870?
No idea. When Benny D was at the club he told me they had an informal list of a couple of hundred but that is 7 or 8 years ago.

I think the only quick way to get the bus to Syd is via Broken Hill.

I believe the ADL to BH bus service leaves daily from Franklin st station.
Crickey torturous bus ride that would be

Can you make sense of this reply mate?

Hi

Thanks for reaching out,

Seats from 330 to 340 are the Black Diamond sections however Priority is separate to your section.

As you were gold when you had western stand membership this carried over onto your seats.

AFL clubs have a set limit of Platinum membership that can be sold and unfortunately, we have sold out.

All Gold members will be emailed if we have any available in 2025 😊

If you are able to upgrade to Platinum/Black diamond next year this would be $745

Hope this clarifies somethings

Thanks

So I’m sitting in Black Diamond seats but I’m not a Black Diamond member? What on earth.
Your membership is Gold and sitting where Black Diamond people normally sit. People pay for the right to have a guaranteed ticket for the grand final and that is included in your membership fee for Club 1870, Black Diamond and Platinum. There are limited numbers in each of these three categories.

As a Gold member sitting in the ‘Black Diamond’ bay, your membership for 2025 (adult non-confessional) is about $100 cheaper (I believe). So you get Gold membership rights, not Black Diamond rights.

I've been digging around at how many normal club members will have access to the SCG. so this is to be read in conjuction with my post
The Capacity is 48,000 according to Venues NSW and I have a graphic after the 2014 redevelopment of of the MA Noble Don Bradman and Dally Messenger Stand, and it gives the total number of seats in each of those and 4 other stands, and it totals 48,600.

This AFR article on Wednesday talks about the success of the swans and meaning some of their games, the SCG Trust members don't get let into the ground because the members area is full. SCG Trust members / Venues NSW members is the same thing.

The performance of the Sydney Swans in 2024 and the growing popularity of the AFL in the northern states caused thousands to flock to the famous cricket stands through winter. For the most part, it’s been a big win for the Sydney AFL club’s home stadium, which last year made $47.9 million from its 19,000-odd Venues NSW members.
But the growing popularity of the eastern suburbs-based team has come with a small catch – on two occasions this season, members couldn’t get into their dedicated stands.
“Why on earth are there so many Carlton supporters in the members area when paid-up Swans members can’t get a seat,” wrote user Legitimate-Mud-8834 on Reddit.
Venues NSW has about 19,000 members, which makes up almost half of the SCG’s 48,000 capacity. The capacity of the members’ area is about 15,500, which means if it fills up, you lose out.
In 2024, the average crowd for SCG members during the AFL season was 12,132 across 11 games.
SCG-only membership used to come with club cards, which gave fans an extra two spots at certain AFL or cricket matches. They were not issued when the latest intake of members came through earlier this year (it was the first intake of members in five years). Those with existing cards are increasingly finding they cannot be used – the Swans’ popularity and performance in 2024 meant the SCG had to switch off access to ensure paying members were able to find a place to sit or stand on game day.

When the finals come around, the SCG buys its members’ seating from the AFL and offers a reserved seating arrangement. Those tickets are sold to members for $20 each – it’s not possible to enter the area without them.

The area was sold out for the final clash against the Giants, but fewer were allowed entry. During finals, the SCG only controls the pavilions and level two of the Noble, Bradman and Messenger stands.

The Pavilions area holds 4,495 seats according to my 2014 graphic of SCG stands, and my guess of level two of the Noble, Bradman and Messenger stands is about 4,500 seats as well - so call it 9,000 seats are out for swans and Port members.

Do you reckon the SMA/SANFL would buy 8,000 finals tickets from the AFL each final at AO, and sell them to their Football members for $20 each, every final????????

I reckon there are about 4,000 corporate seats/boxes seats at the SCG and I reckon the 2 clubs' and AFL allocation will be about 3,000 seats. All up that is 16,000 seats taken out of the pool of 48,000 or 48,600 if my 2014 graphic still holds.

So the likely hood is 32,000 seats will be available for swans and Port members to buy before the general public gets a crack if at all.

I reckon Port will have between 7,000 and 10,000 members and supporters will travel from SA, other states, Sydney and NSW and family and friends who wont attend will give barcodes to fans who aren't members but can get to the game.

The 2014 PF against the Hawks 74.8k attended the game and somewhere between 15,000 and 18,000 Port members and fans attended. So half that at the SCG is very realistic and might be unders.

So it will be a shitfight tomorrow to get tickets.

Does anyone have a break down of what parts of the SCG are what ticket category?

Picking cat 1 is centre wing, but I have a vague memory that they have cat 2 up in the Bradman stand.

Trying to figure out how much I want to spend…

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 Finals Ticketing and other finals info

Remove this Banner Ad

Back