Fixture 2024 Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Is the Saints gather round game home or away? we are listed first so I presume it our home game? I hope its an away game though so we don't have to the play the saints marvel, those games are always a pain in the arse
Home teams for each game in Gather Round will be confirmed when the full 2024 Toyota AFL Premiership Season fixture is released later this week.

Western Aust. Only issue is travel times etc.

Yeah, I doubt they would get as many people travelling to WA. QLD makes the most sense with everything else up there and the potential to grow the game

Surely people understand by now that gather round is neither home or away.. it’s an extra round. Unless you cop a SA team

We play 11 home 11 away.. and gather round
Yeh but you don't play an opponent three times, so if we are effectively the "home" team for gather round we will have to play st kilda again but at marvel, whether as if we are the "away" team for gather when we play st kilda again it will be at the MCG

Surely people understand by now that gather round is neither home or away.. it’s an extra round. Unless you cop a SA team

We play 11 home 11 away.. and gather round

I get what you're saying but there will be a home team as stipulated by the AFL. The home team wears their traditional home guernsey and shorts. Plus, if we are scheduled to play the Saints again it will be at Marvel instead of the G

I get what you're saying but there will be a home team as stipulated by the AFL. The home team wears their traditional home guernsey and shorts. Plus, if we are scheduled to play the Saints again it will be at Marvel instead of the G
nah we were the ‘home’ team vs swans last year then played them later at the G… it literally means nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh but you don't play an opponent three times, so if we are effectively the "home" team for gather round we will have to play st kilda again but at marvel, whether as if we are the "away" team for gather when we play st kilda again it will be at the MCG
Incorrect.

It literally means nothing.

We were the ‘home’ team last year and played the swans at home again later in the year.

I’ll say it one more time for people to register

11 home… 11 away and gather round

nah we were the ‘home’ team vs swans last year then played them later at the G… it literally means nothing.

Stop making sense ... doesn't suit the narrative in here. :thumbsu::)

Not sure why we have to play at the 10k stadium. Would get 40k at AA
It’s what happens when a club doesn’t perform in the season. Their pulling power isn’t considered.

All the AO games have better top-10 representatives. Our top-10 representative is St Kilda. Straight to Norwood Oval we go.

It’s what happens when a club doesn’t perform in the season. Their pulling power isn’t considered.

All the AO games have better top-10 representatives. Our top-10 representative is St Kilda. Straight to Norwood Oval we go.
Hello Geelong and bulldogs, pretty sure saints made finals and those two didn't.

AFL are already getting a shitload of cash from the SA govt for gather round so they don't care about crowd numbers.
if they had balls they'd play the pies at kardinia park

because we finished bottom 6 we play the other 5 bottom teams from this year twice next year yeah?
That'd be nice but no. It means we're guaranteed to play at least 2 (max 3) bottom 6 sides twice and 1 top 6 side twice.

Knowing what we know we'll probably get Freo and Suns twice, plus Port or Brisbane twice rather than Norf/Eagles/Hawks twice plus Pies/Blues twice.

Hello Geelong and bulldogs, pretty sure st kilda made finals and those two didn't.
Says a lot about St Kilda’s pulling power when Western Bulldogs and Geelong get a better deal despite missing finals. Guess we’ll have to finish high enough to do the pulling if we want a better Gather Round fixture next time.

Says a lot about St Kilda’s pulling power when Western Bulldogs and Geelong get a better deal despite missing finals. Guess we’ll have to finish high enough to do the pulling if we want a better Gather Round fixture next time.
I don't mind going to a suburban dog track, it's that i can't book anything until i know i can score tickets to that game which in the meantime the airlines up prices and so do hotels while i'm forced to wait till release of tickets.

If i do it's looking like it's going to be a road trip which really will be heaps cheaper due to possibly 4 people in the car and the fuel costs being split 4 ways. And with a car we can find a caravan park out of town a bit and lodge there for a night or two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fixture 2024 Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back