Team Mgmt. 2024 Forward Line

Remove this Banner Ad

Menzie needed a shoulder reconstruction too, dunno when he injured that but if he was carrying a badly ****ed shoulder for his last few games it would explain his lack of output
I know they play different posistions but how do you even consider playing a more useless than normal Jye ****ing Menzie over the BIG T who was getting it in the vfl AT WILL.

I know they play different posistions but how do you even consider playing a more useless than normal Jye ****ing Menzie over the BIG T who was getting it in the vfl AT WILL.
I'm not the coach so I won't pretend to know, but I could easily imagine Tsatas being told he had some things to work on in the 2s before being made available for senior selection. They may also have preferred the semblance of defensive effort Menzie provides over Tsatas giving himself leather poisoning.

I'm not the coach so I won't pretend to know, but I could easily imagine Tsatas being told he had some things to work on in the 2s before being made available for senior selection. They may also have preferred the semblance of defensive effort Menzie provides over Tsatas giving himself leather poisoning.
Big Ts not the best outside player. They tried him at the start of the year and playing AFL was hurting more then helping.

Roberts, Hind and Davey can feel pretty agreived though

Not sure about that Martin part.

He’s a very good HB and with Dursma and Jones being the other projected wings I think I’d prefer them being that person who rotated through/pushed up

Martin is an elite forward half player. We need to get him back there instead of having him be a good half back.

We need to bring in multiple fast crafty small forwards. Yes they aren't easy to find but would change the way our forward line would function. Look hard in the state leagues for a mature age if need be.
I would also be playing Martin/Dursma/Durham a bit more up forward as long as our midfield is functioning alright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want a lot of things, none of which includes Wright, Guelfi, Menzie, Stringer and Gresham in a team.

I think Gresham is with us for a little while yet, but the others should be fazed out by the end of next year if they don't perform.

Stringer might be gone this year, but that will depend on anyone else wanting him. Not sure how we're going to find the 42 goals he kicks though...

Archie Perkins (Half Forward Flank) Showed a lot of promise over the first 6 weeks of the season. Was going at 20 + 1 in that time. I think we have a player. Fell off a cliff and ran out of steam so here's hoping we can get him to maintain the rage for a longer period.

**** (centre half forward) A position I feel we need to improve on. Can maybe fill the void with a Langford for the team being but I can see Caddy being a FF so ideally would like to add a mobile centre half forward to the list.

Jade Gresham (half forward flank) showed he can do a neat little role. We have him, may as well get on board.

--------------

Isaac Kako (Forward Pocket) Feel a bit tough to be putting so much on this young mans shoulders but he is exactly the sort of dynamic explosive forward we have wanted for years. Heres hoping he becomes a player we all hope he can become.

Nate Caddy (Full Forward) the young man has a huge weight on his big wide broad shoulders. Competitive and exciting. Something our team has lacked. Year 2 but again hoping he can play 15 - 20 games without being banged around to much.

Kyle Langford (Forward Pocket) Simply needs to get back to his consistent 2023 best. I still maintain that alongside Ridley is our most important and influential player. When he was "on" showed how different our forward mix was.

--------------

Matt Guelfi (interchange) I feel he will be a player still in and around our bed 22 (23). As a player who can be given a role, will be given every opportunity to perform.

--------------
(some players worth mentioning we need to stand up)
Alwyn Davey - as a forward creative player, simply needs to improve his consistency. imho, not a small forward but a creative forward half player. Ge him to a 10 - 15 possession a game player and we will have a good little player.

Jye Menzie - signed for another year so worth mentioning he did kick 23 goals in 21 games in 2023. Something holding him back from becoming a good little player.

(draftee) I hope we sign a young KPF through the draft. Be it a Harry Armstrong, Jonty Faull, Tom Sims, Whitlock x 2.
--------------

tl'dr

Perkins - **** - Gresham
Kako - Caddy - Langford
(Guelfi)
Sam Draper (resting ruck) Scott showed a propensity to play a resting ruck. I dont like it but Scott did.

I want Joe Berry in our forward line.
This is intriguing to me. If we brought in Kako, Rosas and Berry in one off-season, our forwardline suddenly changes dynamic and looks super threatening.

Berry Wright/Draper Rosas
Kako Caddy Langford

Skilful and fast. That would make any backline nervous and should capitalise on the massive number of forward 50 entries much better than this year, on paper.

The practical side of my brain says it coukd take Kako and Berry a while to get up to speed, and Rosas is being released for a reason.

Archie Perkins (Half Forward Flank) Showed a lot of promise over the first 6 weeks of the season. Was going at 20 + 1 in that time. I think we have a player. Fell off a cliff and ran out of steam so here's hoping we can get him to maintain the rage for a longer period.

**** (centre half forward) A position I feel we need to improve on. Can maybe fill the void with a Langford for the team being but I can see Caddy being a FF so ideally would like to add a mobile centre half forward to the list.

Jade Gresham (half forward flank) showed he can do a neat little role. We have him, may as well get on board.

--------------

Isaac Kako (Forward Pocket) Feel a bit tough to be putting so much on this young mans shoulders but he is exactly the sort of dynamic explosive forward we have wanted for years. Heres hoping he becomes a player we all hope he can become.

Nate Caddy (Full Forward) the young man has a huge weight on his big wide broad shoulders. Competitive and exciting. Something our team has lacked. Year 2 but again hoping he can play 15 - 20 games without being banged around to much.

Kyle Langford (Forward Pocket) Simply needs to get back to his consistent 2023 best. I still maintain that alongside Ridley is our most important and influential player. When he was "on" showed how different our forward mix was.

--------------

Matt Guelfi (interchange) I feel he will be a player still in and around our bed 22 (23). As a player who can be given a role, will be given every opportunity to perform.

--------------
Alwyn Davey - as a forward creative player, simply needs to improve his consistency. imho, not a small forward but a creative forward half player. Ge him to a 10 - 15 possession a game player and we will have a good little player.

Jye Menzie - signed for another year so worth mentioning he did kick 23 goals in 21 games in 2023. Something holding him back from becoming a good little player.

(draftee) I hope we sign a young KPF through the draft. Be it a Harry Armstrong, Jonty Faull, Tom Sims, Whitlock x 2.
--------------

tl'dr

Perkins - **** - Gresham
Kako - Caddy - Langford
(Guelfi)
Sam Draper (resting ruck) Scott showed a propensity to play a resting ruck. I dont like it but Scott did.
I reckon when Caddy builds his tank he's a CHF. Some of his f50 entries this year were just outstanding. He's an excellent field kick and contested grab when he has a run at it. Would be a waste at FF IMO.

This is intriguing to me. If we brought in Kako, Rosas and Berry in one off-season, our forwardline suddenly changes dynamic and looks super threatening.

Berry Wright/Draper Rosas
Kako Caddy Langford

Skilful and fast. That would make any backline nervous and should capitalise on the massive number of forward 50 entries much better than this year, on paper.

The practical side of my brain says it coukd take Kako and Berry a while to get up to speed, and Rosas is being released for a reason.
Rosas is staying put. Apparently a scrape tactic by GC that backfired

--------------

--------------

--------------

--------------

tl'dr

Perkins - **** - Gresham
Kako - Caddy - Langford
(Guelfi)
Caddy is the perfect match for CHF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Team Mgmt. 2024 Forward Line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back