Team Mgmt. 2024 Forward Line

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Rosas was officially released from his contract?
Supposedly - GCS told him he could explore his opportunities. Apparently to give him a kick up the bum. Then reiterated he was a contracted and a required player.

Players including Malcolm Rosas basically got told: ‘You come back in elite shape, or go and play with someone else’. Malcolm thought: ‘OK, I’ll go and play with someone else’. Found some suitors, then Gold Coast said: ‘No, you’re playing with us again’. It was a shot across the bows.

Perk Caddy Martin

Kako Drapes Langford

Gresh, Guelfi, Davey's Wright. I'd even look at Zach in the Half-forward area.. We need more speed and skill going into the forwards line. I would love to see them play in mould of Geelong, Hawks, GWS etc.

Supposedly - GCS told him he could explore his opportunities. Apparently to give him a kick up the bum. Then reiterated he was a contracted and a required player.

Players including Malcolm Rosas basically got told: ‘You come back in elite shape, or go and play with someone else’. Malcolm thought: ‘OK, I’ll go and play with someone else’. Found some suitors, then Gold Coast said: ‘No, you’re playing with us again’. It was a shot across the bows.

Seems pretty juvenile for a club to be doing a few weeks after extending a contract by 2 years, and also pretty harsh on a player who started playing when Zach Reid did and who's goal averages have increased year on year since debut. What a pathetic club.

Seems pretty juvenile for a club to be doing a few weeks after extending a contract by 2 years, and also pretty harsh on a player who started playing when Zach Reid did and who's goal averages have increased year on year since debut. What a pathetic club.
I don't really see it that way. I see a new coach setting standards that clearly haven't been set high enough and upheld strongly enough (geez what other club does that remind me of).

Probably overplayed their hand a little and a bit embarrassing to have their bluff called but if I was a GC fan (are there any of those?) I'd be heartened by this kind of approach.

I reckon when Caddy builds his tank he's a CHF. Some of his f50 entries this year were just outstanding. He's an excellent field kick and contested grab when he has a run at it. Would be a waste at FF IMO.

Caddy is the perfect match for CHF.
Juts looked like the mobile power forwards are the go to at the moment, steering away from traditional beasts?

If we brought in a full forward like an Armstrong, Sims then maybe, I dunno, can see the Caddy / Curnow comparison coming to fruition and Nate playing close to goal averaging 60 goals a season.

Juts looked like the mobile power forwards are the go to at the moment, steering away from traditional beasts?

If we brought in a full forward like an Armstrong, Sims then maybe, I dunno, can see the Caddy / Curnow comparison coming to fruition and Nate playing close to goal averaging 60 goals a season.
I don't doubt that he's capable, I just think his other attributes would make him a terrific CHF.

I don't doubt that he's capable, I just think his other attributes would make him a terrific CHF.
fair call, will have plenty of time over the next 2 - 5 years to work out which way we go. Scott favouring playing a ruck forward has shown Caddy being pushed out to CHF anyways

fair call, will have plenty of time over the next 2 - 5 years to work out which way we go. Scott favouring playing a ruck forward has shown Caddy being pushed out to CHF anyways
And who knows how that will go too. By the end of the season I actually preferred Draper forward before Wright, which is saying something. Draper should be a break glass option but Wright just hasn't been competitive at all. He's a poor man's Ben Brown.

And who knows how that will go too. By the end of the season I actually preferred Draper forward before Wright, which is saying something. Draper should be a break glass option but Wright just hasn't been competitive at all. He's a poor man's Ben Brown.
This is the reason why I want us to take another young key forward.

delist Weidemann, have already moved on Baldwin and Hunter and allows the big boy fwd to actually play second fiddle not #1 we are asking him to do

This is the reason why I want us to take another young key forward.

delist Weidemann, have already moved on Baldwin and Hunter and allows the big boy fwd to actually play second fiddle not #1 we are asking him to do
I'm okay with not taking one and filling other gaps first. That could give Bryan more consistency in first grade and we can throw the cheque book at JUH or someone in a few years. Also not fazed though if we did select a key forward though. We have so many needs. Half the current team won't be on tge list by the time we're contending.

And what about the need for the lead up CHF that can take a mark on the wing and create play ? Caddy has way too much footy IQ to not let him loose at CHF and use that with his mobility and marking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Team Mgmt. 2024 Forward Line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back