Resource 2024 Grand Final Ballot | Member Information... and Prelim Ticketing Information

Remove this Banner Ad

Since I’ve never done this before, I selected the standing room option because that atleast guarantees a ticket. What are the chances that I get some crap seats or standing room tickets ?
There is no bad ticket at a grand final.

Haha we were standing room for that. Nightmare.

Had standing in 22' also but went up to level 2 Olympic and seats a plenty where Gill et al were.

It was actually boring there :p
So was I, in 2008...
... not because I had a ticket in Standing, but because I snuck in. So at least I didn't get ripped off ;)

Standing room for me is pretty ordinary, for what it's worth. Largely because I am all of 5'7 and of course The Rock and Marge Simpson both decide that they need to take the front step.

It's a "random" ballot.

As others have said you're not guaranteed a good seat, you're guaranteed a foot in the door.
One of the other things that has changed - I definitely recall in earlier years that Category 1 went first, then Cat 2 and so on. So pretty much only P1 would get level 2

So was I, in 2008...
... not because I had a ticket in Standing, but because I snuck in. So at least I didn't get ripped off ;)

Standing room for me is pretty ordinary, for what it's worth. Largely because I am all of 5'7 and of course The Rock and Marge Simpson both decide that they need to take the front step.

Don't tell me you were hiding in the vents the night prior 🤔

Well they did it last year to the Collingwood members. Gave them standing room as legend members and priority 2 members got seats, so im hoping that doesn’t happen again this year if we make it.
Worse was the Collingwood P1 members who completely missed out in the ballot due to a Ticketek error

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah email came through last night, I think P2 were the last to get them.

Also got an email from someone at the club at about 8pm so they were def working back late due to all of this.

I totally get the frustration we all had yesterday in regards to delay in confirmation emails from the club, and from my perspective the only real step they went wrong with was no update later in the afternoon say 4:30pm/5pm to apologise for the delay, that details were still being finalised with emails to come in the evening and what time they could be contacted from today for any outstanding issues

But can't fault the work they put in yesterday because it definitely seems it was a long day for them and no doubt another long day today

Surprisingly easy process
Got on about 12.15pm and only took a few mins

I was order 30,297 assuming that means how many registered?

I registered an AFL Silver Member with Grelong club support and an Accessible Seat member. Both P2.

In 2022 we registered them together, as the 2nd one was not Accessible. This year I registered them separately.

Have also got 2 AFL Gold Members with Geelong club support, but did not register them, as they will get their tickets through the AFL Member allocation.

Hi guys, it’s my first time as a P1 member this year and I successfully registered this morning. Missed out as a P3 in 2022 as I couldn’t afford full membership at the time.

For those that have had P1 tickets before, whereabouts did you get a seat at past grand finals?

Also, the good news about playing either Brisbane or GWS for the prelim is that members should be able to buy heaps of tickets per barcode compared to the maximum of 2 for the port game. Let’s stack out the crowd big time next weekend.

Hi guys, it’s my first time as a P1 member this year and I successfully registered this morning. Missed out as a P3 in 2022 as I couldn’t afford full membership at the time.

For those that have had P1 tickets before, whereabouts did you get a seat at past grand finals?

Also, the good news about playing either Brisbane or GWS for the prelim is that members should be able to buy heaps of tickets per barcode compared to the maximum of 2 for the port game. Let’s stack out the crowd big time next weekend.

In 2011 I sat level 2 in the Warne Stand behind the goals, above our cheer squad & in front of the corporate boxes, in an area that would have been 90% corporate folk that didn't give a shit about the match - most seemed to have bought a Collingwood scarf on the way into the ground, with one lady given a tap on the shoulder to mention she may want to remove the tag

The only folk who arrived early in that area were a handful of Geelong members, with the corporate folk taking their seats just before Meatloaf. I remember one drink idiot trying to make a bet with myself and Geelong fan sitting front row that if Collingwood win, we'd give him our Geelong scarf but if Geelong won he'd give us his Collingwood - we both politely declined

I know they were majority corporate folk because at halftime they went back to their rooms for more free booze, not returning until halfway through the third quarter and then leaving the ground by the time Lingy kicked his goal in the last

So 2011 was a great viewing location but not always the best atmosphere as a good number really didn't give a shit about the game

In 22, I sat top level of the Warne Stand in Q14 in Row J and was surrounded by Geelong fans

Surprisingly painless process this morning - my big worry was the barcode not working but lucky that wasn't the case. All done in just under 10 mins for me

Now the next test will come Monday morning when the PF tickets go on sale!
PF tickets be a piece of piss I reckon in 22 the crowd was only 77K and assuming GWS get up they have even less of a travelling fan base.

Get on as soon as they open and I can't envision having much issue at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 Grand Final Ballot | Member Information... and Prelim Ticketing Information

Remove this Banner Ad

Back