2024 AFL Awards Season...

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure Stengle not being named in the forward line of the AA team is really that surprising - there's been a number of AA teams published this past week & I've seen Moore named in the forward pocket more often than I've seen Stengle's name

When comparing their seasons, I can understand why Moore got the gig over Stengle

1724929358122.png

Disagree strongly
Has kicked 11 goals in his past 8 games
His first half of the year yes but if you consider the past 2 months he’s been very average as a goal kicking FP
I disagree with you disagreeing.

When we were at absolute rock bottom, who was it that stood up up forward and kept us afloat? It was Stengle, not Cameron. Recency bias is super strong with Cameron selection, it's not just all about the goals but even if it is Stengle still kicked six more than Moore 🤣

Stengle should have made the team. Not a single small forward in the team with more than 40 goals is a weird one. If it had been an exceptional year for key forwards in which there were three genuinely elite contenders who all deserved selection I'd understand picking a third KPF in a pocket, but that really wasn't the case.

I disagree with you disagreeing.

When we were at absolute rock bottom, who was it that stood up up forward and kept us afloat? It was Stengle, not Cameron. Recency bias is super strong with Cameron selection, it's not just all about the goals but even if it is Stengle still kicked six more than Moore 🤣

You do know that they look at more than just goals kicked when naming the AA forward line

J. Riewoldt was the 2012 Coleman medalist but was overlooked for the AA team in favour of Hawkins & Franklin

Moore over Stengle isn't a surprise and seemed the consensus decision this past week

You do know that they look at more than just goals kicked when naming the AA forward line

J. Riewoldt was the 2012 Coleman medalist but was overlooked for the AA team in favour of Hawkins & Franklin

Moore over Stengle isn't a surprise and seemed the consensus decision this past week
Of course I know that, it doesn't change that Stengle had an AA calibre year.

To be fair to Moore he is a gun and deserves the nod, but not at Stengle's expense. Classic laziness in selection, an entire bench full of mids and mids being picked as forwards. It's just all so predictable.

There are some shockers. Some absolute shockers. From Geelong alone Cameron should not be in the squad, Joe Danniher, Jason Horne Francis, cam rayner, Brent Daniels. Some genuinely horrible selections
You make great comments, but can't agree with this.
JHF for instance, will probably end up being Port's GOAT. He's been brilliant all year. Worthy NS medallist if they get there.

Stengle absolutely deserved it as did Moore.

The issue was the selectors shoving Heeney in on the HFF when he played as a pure mid - 28 goals is great for a midfielder but not noteworthy for a forward.

IMO should have been Heeney starting in the midfield (Serong on the bench or missing out altogether), Moore on HFF and Stengle FP.

Curnow also very stiff to miss out to Waterman, highly likely Curnow would have won the Coleman if he stayed fit.

The argument shouldn’t be Moore over Stengle, Moore should’ve been on the HFF over Warner, who never played HFF. Stengle has been the best small forward all year.

4 mids on the bench and Heeney and Warner on each half forward flank is a joke.
Someone gets it, echoes my sentiments perfectly.

I looked through Moore's stats as I just saw the team and was surprised he got the nod over Stengle.

After taking a deep look at what Moore has produced this year I can't really complain about it.

Moore seems very worthy... even over Stengle.

I looked through Moore's stats as I just saw the team and was surprised he got the nod over Stengle.

After taking a deep look at what Moore has produced this year I can't really complain about it.

They both deserved to make it. There shouldn't have been only one genuine small picked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He played further up the ground, more like Gryan, should’ve been HFF.

They both deserved to make it. There shouldn't have been only one genuine small picked.

There were no genuine small forwards picked - Moore plays a role very similar to Miers. He has had a great season and deserves his AA nod, but should have been named on the HFF with Stengle FP.

The issue was the selectors shoving Heeney in on the HFF when he played as a pure mid - 28 goals is great for a midfielder but not noteworthy for a forward.

IMO should have been Heeney starting in the midfield (Serong on the bench or missing out altogether), Moore on HFF and Stengle FP.

Curnow also very stiff to miss out to Waterman, highly likely Curnow would have won the Coleman if he stayed fit.
Spot on. Wouldn’t have Serong in at all. I mean look, it’s always the issue. But it would be nice if they weren’t such cowards and picked an actual team to play instead of squeezing in midfielders.

Half the selectors are the same idiots who complain about the brownlow being a midfielders medal.

I’d can see the argument that Curnow misses out because he’s a number one and Waterman is more a 3rd tall. It’s what I’d prefer in the end, pick a team not squeeze in your favourite players

Disagree strongly
Has kicked 11 goals in his past 8 games
His first half of the year yes but if you consider the past 2 months he’s been very average as a goal kicking FP
Dylan start of the season , he had some very poor games, I honestly think Stengle season has been more consistent

Zero second ruck option (probably Cripps if they played a game) and zero forward rotation off
the bench.

Ill give them Whitfield as a back rotation... but then 3 rovers fill the rest of the bench (way overkill considering Heeney and Warner are named in the forward line and Daicos on a wing.).

Definitely Stengle could have copped a bench spot at the expense of one of the million centremen in the side.

Slightly disappointing spread there for mine when making up a proper team.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 AFL Awards Season...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back