Resource 2024 Grand Final Ballot | Member Information... and Prelim Ticketing Information

Remove this Banner Ad

Panic stations, they just don't make it easy for some people. Debated our Category with Cats this morning, and didn't win- even though we are forced to book reserved wheelchair seats through Ticketmaster during the year.

Fine. But then they changed our barcodes from the previous ones given yesterday, and didn't tell me! Ticketek saying NO to me as the clock ticks down while I frantically check correspondance.

Done now, FWIW, and we will all ride the luck together.

BTW:
it seems some posters are now realising the absolute rort money making going on, when you add up all the $6 fees, for a family for instance. Don't regret complaining about it.

Purchasing for the Mrs and kids who are all cats. They're Priority 3, but they'd be upset if I don't enter and I know there's no chance.

Think it's easier to give Ticketek 18 bucks and tell them they're a chance than to tell them I wanted to save myself $18 because my team never plays finals anyway......

I assume the odds of enough Priority 1 and 2 members saying no is so minimal as to be fictitious. But how many members are like my kids and only Auskick members? Must be a lot of them.

In 22, I sat top level of the Warner Stand in Q14 in Row J and was surrounded by Geelong fans
Exactly. Provided that you can actually see the game, I've found that it doesn't really matter all that much where you sit.

Best experiences I have had at the footy have been in the absolute nosebleeds. I was one row from the back of the Ponsford at the Isaac Smith Miss QF and nearly had a ****en heart attack. I was almost waving hello to passing jetliners for the Hawkins 2012 game from the Northern stand and still had an amazing time.

Excuse my blasphemy, but the 2022 GF, as much as it was a fun party, was less fun as an experience, despite being sat about 12 rows back in Level One.

Seating really doesn't matter as much as people like to think it does.

Wish I saw his before I registered for 8 people...
Did you register them all together or seperate?
Just spoke to a mate who registered priority 3s, he rang the club and they said you wont have much hope with priority 3 unless you register them as individuals and even then it’s a very small chance.

Ive always thought the fees was just a rort, can't tell me theres any logical justification to charge thst much for a largely automated system.
Charging Priority One members and Priority Three members is just ridiculous (for completely different reasons).

Did you register them all together or seperate?
Just spoke to a mate who registered priority 3s, he rang the club and they said you wont have much hope with priority 3 unless you register them as individuals and even then it’s a very small chance.
All in the one go

I'm assuming, given that you support Essendon, that you've had a very ugly September in your marriage to a Geelong fan for the last 20 years?
They're my kids' and wife's team, so they're my second team. Happy wife, happy life.

Last time the two teams met in a Prelim, in 1968, Essendon came from behind in what I can only assume was one of the greatest Prelims ever.

When we met in a Grand Final in 1951, John Coleman was rubbed out and the ruckman was sick so the coach named himself after re-registering himself on Friday for that one game for the season. Boss Move Dick Reynolds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly. Provided that you can actually see the game, I've found that it doesn't really matter all that much where you sit.

Best experiences I have had at the footy have been in the absolute nosebleeds. I was one row from the back of the Ponsford at the Isaac Smith Miss QF and nearly had a ****en heart attack. I was almost waving hello to passing jetliners for the Hawkins 2012 game from the Northern stand and still had an amazing time.

Excuse my blasphemy, but the 2022 GF, as much as it was a fun party, was less fun as an experience, despite being sat about 12 rows back in Level One.

Seating really doesn't matter as much as people like to think it does.

In 22 our seats were good in front of standing room, L1 H F Flank wheelchair bay- but they were made better by this absolutely feral, knowledgeable and extremely funny young cats supporter sitting next to us. A high school teacher.

He rode, jumped and called/screamed every kick while the coppers circled behind us! It turned out that they just allotted him that accessible seat because it was left over!
So with over 100k at that game - makes me think we might be lucky again.

They're my kids' and wife's team, so they're my second team. Happy wife, happy life.

Last time the two teams met in a Prelim, in 1968, Essendon came from behind in what I can only assume was one of the greatest Prelims ever.

When we met in a Grand Final in 1951, John Coleman was rubbed out and the ruckman was sick so the coach named himself after re-registering himself on Friday for that one game for the season. Boss Move Dick Reynolds.
They met in the 89' prelim mate. I was there. It was a good laugh.

I rang the club to ask how many p1 and p2 supporters there are, wouldn’t say but said small only a very small chance for p3 but we encourage members to try….. really. I asked if gfc get any of the money and he said no. So not keen to donate and know there’s Buckleys and none of getting one. But being a gambler I still feel like giving it a shot.

Be interesting to see the deal with afl and Ticketek. Presumably Ticketek make enough through rhr year off afl tickets and most of this money is cream for the afl.

Purchasing for the Mrs and kids who are all cats. They're Priority 3, but they'd be upset if I don't enter and I know there's no chance.

Think it's easier to give Ticketek 18 bucks and tell them they're a chance than to tell them I wanted to save myself $18 because my team never plays finals anyway......

I assume the odds of enough Priority 1 and 2 members saying no is so minimal as to be fictitious. But how many members are like my kids and only Auskick members? Must be a lot of them.
Good luck :thumbsu:

Look what I had purged from my childhood brain. A lazy 170 point turnaround from the qualifying final. I don't remember seeing either at all, but I was pre-primary school and feel like I know all of the players.
I saw all of the finals that year with the exception of the GF where I opted out of a free ticket with unlimited beer.
ha ha.

I saw all of the finals that year with the exception of the GF where I opted out of a free ticket with unlimited beer.
ha ha.
Are you the actual Tony Barber?

My invitations to free beer events in Grand Final weekend are a lot higher now, even though Bombers don't make the finals. Though, to be fair, we haven't won a final in my adult-hood.

Sorry - did you read this off the stone tablets that the news was chiselled onto at the time? ;)

Nah, look, I can't begrudge you loyalty. Though I did go through school in the years of the Baby Bombers and then the near-invincibles, so every second kid was a Bombers supporter

Well they did it last year to the Collingwood members. Gave them standing room as legend members and priority 2 members got seats, so im hoping that doesn’t happen again this year if we make it.

Yeah I saw that too. In past for cats. It’s been all P1 first with best available, then P2 with best available of what is left and so on.

I had a feeling Collingwood told Ticketek to do it that way last year, something I read from memory, but could be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Panic stations, they just don't make it easy for some people. Debated our Category with Cats this morning, and didn't win- even though we are forced to book reserved wheelchair seats through Ticketmaster during the year.

Fine. But then they changed our barcodes from the previous ones given yesterday, and didn't tell me! Ticketek saying NO to me as the clock ticks down while I frantically check correspondance.

Done now, FWIW, and we will all ride the luck together.

BTW:
it seems some posters are now realising the absolute rort money making going on, when you add up all the $6 fees, for a family for instance. Don't regret complaining about it.
90,000 x 6 = $5.4m

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 Grand Final Ballot | Member Information... and Prelim Ticketing Information

Remove this Banner Ad

Back