List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

We couldn’t keep Taranto. And to be honest he would t of made a difference to us right now due to the rest of our stars not being on their game.
He does what he does well . But I'm happy to see him move on.
Doesn't take great options.
Freed up cash, got us picks.

He does what he does well . But I'm happy to see him move on.

I agree.

Every time I watch him play at Richmond, I see the blind kick forward, particularly out of the centre square.

Goes straight to the opposition or at least disadvantages his team mates.

Does some good things, but is a panicker.

GREATER Western Sydney is working on a new two-year deal for former first-round pick Conor Stone.

But with half-back Harry Perryman still weighing up his free agency options, Adam Kingsley has trialled Stone in the spot at VFL level across the past month in preparation for 2025 and beyond.

I had thought Stone was out the door but Kingsley’s comments about him being next man in as a defender suggests they are very happy with his work behind the ball and lines up with offering him a new deal. Wouldn’t think it’s a huge contract given output to date
Hope he stays. Has good size, speed and can kick so good idea to try him behind the ball.

Stone is from the year that had its development severely reduced due to COVID. Throw in the injuries, perhaps Stone is a slow burn.
I've definitely seen glimpses of quality .
Hopefully we keep Harry though

I’ve probably been Stones biggest critic. There’s never been a question over his physical attributes. Playing forward and midfield, he always looked reactive to me.
If putting him behind the ball can reduce that part of his game, then that is fantastic. I hope it works for him and for us!

I've always liked Stone. I can admire he's probably never going to be an A grader and he's not overly confident but he might just be a late bloomer. If it's not an expensive contract....lock it down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't be surprised if Perryman has already given the heads-up that the money from other clubs is just too good to say no to.
Yep, this is looking likely. Which probably means we get to keep Cumming… who I’m a big fan of.
It also means we will most likely get another first round pick (hopefully late first round 😉).
With Fonti coming through, and if Stone can develop in the role, it is a very good outcome for us.

Yep, this is looking likely. Which probably means we get to keep Cumming… who I’m a big fan of.
It also means we will most likely get another first round pick (hopefully late first round 😉).
With Fonti coming through, and if Stone can develop in the role, it is a very good outcome for us.
Agree with all of this …. Pez being quite young still does 850k x 5-6 get us end of 1st round?

Agree with all of this …. Pez being quite young still does 850k x 5-6 get us end of 1st round?
That will get us first round almost certainly

I believe that we have low balled our offer to Pez. Relying on the relationship with his partner being a Giants netball player
from what I can gather we offered him a pretty decent contract, but a couple have offered him really good deals that the media is reporting as overs.
He is well within his rights to take an offer like this with no animosity from the club or fans IMO

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back