Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I recall a different game 1 than you. He was horrific in his first game for us but was terrific as the season went on.

He was horrific in the first half but after half time he was decent.

I think he debuted against GC in Gather Round last year?! And I distinctly remember thinking "uh oh..", but he gradually improved as his confidence playing grew...
I think that's coz his first run in the team he was like borderline the deepest defender. That was borderline mismanagement, coz for all his strengths (and his strengths are good enough that I think you try to find some role for his attacking run in the team) he is an awful 1 on 1 defender and his high risk high reward style isn't suited to last line of defence.

ROUND 12 INJURY LIST

Michael Frederick (concussion) - test
Matthew Taberner (Concussion) – 1 week
Ethan Stanley (ankle) – 2 weeks
Brennan Cox (hamstring) – 2 - 3 weeks
Oscar McDonald (knee) – 10 – 12 weeks
Nathan O’Driscoll (knee) - TBC
Josh Corbett (hip) – Season
Sebit Kuek (knee) - Season

Fremantle High Performance Manager Phil Merriman says speedy forward Michael Frederick will be a test to take on Melbourne in Alice Springs on Sunday.

Frederick missed the Club’s round 11 draw with Collingwood after sustaining a concussion against St Kilda the week before, but Merriman is happy with the 24-year-old’s progress.

“(He’s) going well,” Merriman said.

“He produced a really solid run session on Saturday as Freddy always does.

“He will be a test to play this week.”

Veteran forward Matthew Taberner was withdrawn early from Peel’s top-of-the-table clash with South Fremantle on the weekend with concussion and is now on the sidelines.

“Unfortunately Tabs sustained a concussion during the Peel game so he will go into the concussion protocols,” Merriman said.

In positive news, young winger Ethan Stanley has returned to running after injuring his ankle late last month.

“(His progression has been) outstanding actually,” Merriman said.

“Ethan will be in line to play - not this week - but the following.

“Unfortunately, that is a bye so we will have to wait post-bye to see Ethan again.”

Meanwhile, Nathan O’Driscoll’s return to football is yet to be determined with the young winger set to begin running on field in the coming weeks.

“Not quite just yet (return date),” Merriman said.

“He’s going to be running on-field in the next two weeks.

“When we get him going on-field, we will have a firm understanding on how long 'Dris' will be (to make a return).”

No improvement for McDonald this week. He's not far off being written off for the season surely. Incredible to think that he was only a few weeks behind Cox originally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Peel game next week? Byes seem to constitute a large part of the WaFL’s fixturing. Would be frustrating for players I imagine.

It is the same time as the AFL side have the bye so all players get the week off and players from other states get a few days to go home and visit family.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back