Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't seen them. Has he put on much muscle?

Here he is after gym session...

Ronnie Coleman Wow GIF

ROUND 14 INJURY LIST
Ollie Murphy (hip) – test
Ethan Stanley (ankle) - test
Matt Taberner (concussion)- test
Brennan Cox (hamstring) – 1 week
Nathan O’Driscoll (knee) - 5-6 weeks
Oscar McDonald (knee) - 9-11 weeks
Josh Corbett (hip) - season
Sebit Kuek (knee) - season

ROUND 14 INJURY LIST

1 week!
!waiting for Cox to return is like waiting for Christmas :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROUND 14 INJURY LIST

Phil Merriman on the mic playing interviewer is an interesting switch up

Its mostly good news here I think. Switta a test for this week and Freddy 1 week is much better than I thought would be the case even if Freddy's held back for an extra week.

This was the first injury report with an ETA for McDonald's return. It was 9 weeks ago.

Cox was listed as 9-11 weeks (now 1)
McDonald was listed as 15-19 weeks (now 9-11)

They were bang on for Cox, but McDonald tracking for the full 19 weeks unfortunately.

Honestly, give The Merryman whatever he wants and never let him leave.
This has not had enough airtime.
Maybe Weber set such a low bar for availability we're scarred, but jeez it's generally been good.

Even Cox doing his hammy when he did in R1 seems like bad luck, unless they've since calibrated more conservatively because of it?

I'm pretty convinced that part of the reason JL has us play the style he does is injury mitigation. Our games are the lowest pressure ones in the comp. You play high tempo, high pressure constantly and blokes are going to get injured. Especially if your aim is a sustained run.

Reckon Brisbane had done similar for the last 5 years until the ACL stick belted them this year.

That talk about Cox and how bad his injury was makes me think we won't see him until closer to August.
Much as we all love big Coxy (had to be a bit careful there) he does have a tendency to be quite casual and at times even slow. I wouldnt want an unfit Cox replacing a full speed Draper so I would fully expect him to have a run at Peel on limited minutes and to prove he was up to speed.
Especially if we win on the weekend against the Dogs and Drapes holds his own again - then bring him back via the Magoos.
The way he did that hammy, at full speed, full stretch then the push in the back. Just want to be sure he can build back at his own pace.

Much as we all love big Coxy (had to be a bit careful there) he does have a tendency to be quite casual and at times even slow. I wouldnt want an unfit Cox replacing a full speed Draper so I would fully expect him to have a run at Peel on limited minutes and to prove he was up to speed.
Especially if we win on the weekend against the Dogs and Drapes holds his own again - then bring him back via the Magoos.
The way he did that hammy, at full speed, full stretch then the push in the back. Just want to be sure he can build back at his own pace.
Haha cox and bestie Ryan playing kick to kick to each other racking up possessions in the back half

ROUND 14 INJURY LIST

Lots of positive progress in that list update, but gee whillickers poor old NOD and Oscar are both a bit worrying.
Just can't see much progress for either of them, and both are having other players overtake them while they are out of action...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back