Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jackson minor cork, Johnson a hot spot caught early, two weeks, Pearce just a knock, sore and wait for scans. Feeling better now than he did at 3 qtr time.

I call bullshit on Jacko, he said knee on knee which is the mechanism for PCL. They were icing the front of his knee, they’ll scan him to assess PCL. They’d be negligent not too.

I mean worst case if it's re-broken then it's the same 3-4 week injury right?

Would still be good for finals.

The break would be in a different place and a piece of bone floating is very different to a break between two halves.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I call bullshit on Jacko, he said knee on knee which is the mechanism for PCL. They were icing the front of his knee, they’ll scan him to assess PCL. They’d be negligent not too.
Chill bro, he was fine. Saw him jogging around with my own eyes after the game.

You near the interchange bench too

I'm sure you would have decent vision of him running
Yes, saw him meaning about 3m away. Was watching Pearce gesturing at his arm to Serong pointing to a saw spot on the back just up from the wrist.
Hope it's nothing cause Pearce showed just how important he is, thought he only got beaten a couple of times all day. Great to have such an attacking key defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Icing the Tibialis Anterior. There was a marking contest just before he went off and he copped a hit in that fleshy bit below the kneecap. The second picture below is of Jackson. IMG_5297.jpeg IMG_5172.jpeg

I hope afl.com.au is correct

FREMANTLE is hopeful captain Alex Pearce has avoided further damage to his fractured left forearm in a 50-point win against Melbourne that included the best football the Dockers have played under coach Justin Longmuir this season.

There are no concerns about ruckman Luke Jackson, who finished the match under a cloud but had suffered a corked calf that won't keep him sidelined for next Saturday's Western Derby.

JL sounded incredibly worried. I can deal with 3-4 weeks I can't deal with season out.
Everyone seemed so confident that the plate was strong enough to keep structural integrity and that it was just risk of wound infection that stopped him from coming back earlier. Now one knock to the arm and he’s looking at missing again? Sounds like a bit of negligence from the medicos

The way i understood it was that the original fracture was solid and wont break again. the concern was that the edges of the plate create a lever point for the bone to possibly break. this was a risk if they waited a week or a month.

Is there a limit to how many plates he can have in his arm?

img_8197-jpeg.2055025

Attachments

• IMG_8197.jpeg
    IMG_8197.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 254

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back