Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Full credit to the current coaching staff for letting the medicos do their job.

The previous relationship was very toxic & they were under too much pressure to get players back on the field despite not being ready, often being overruled. I don't rate the previous set up, but it was a tough environment to work in.
I can't say I remember it that way. It used to be running joke that players took too long to come back. A 6 week injury would go 6 weeks, 5-6 weeks, 5 weeks, 4-5 weeks, 4 weeks, etc. I think Weber then got moved on and went to the glory who then got smashed with injuries as well.

I can't say I remember it that way. It used to be running joke that players took too long to come back. A 6 week injury would go 6 weeks, 5-6 weeks, 5 weeks, 4-5 weeks, 4 weeks, etc. I think Weber then got moved on and went to the glory who then got smashed with injuries as well.
The Eagles & Dockers medical staff used to catch up often for lunches & share information in regard to recovery & rehabilitation methods. The Eagles staff were amazed at what was happening at the Dockers & the power the coach had.
They rated Weber & his info often helped the Eagles with their players.

The Eagles & Dockers medical staff used to catch up often for lunches & share information in regard to recovery & rehabilitation methods. The Eagles staff were amazed at what was happening at the Dockers & the power the coach had.
Webber was brutal with the players.
Not sure how much that was effected by ross as our injury issues were at freo long before ross.
Obviously Ross didn't help, but Webber wasn't very good.

That might explain the Eagles recent injury record :p

I cant give any kudos or an out for Weber give both the change in our fortunes since he left and that Glory fired him within like 12 months. Too much evidence he was a quack

Last edited:
I can give any kudos or an out for Weber give both the change in our fortunes since he left and that Glory fired him within like 12 months. Too much evidence he was a quack
Well that doesn't prove he's no good. I've known a few of people* who haven't lasted long in new jobs because they tried to do them properly, when it turned out that wasn't really what a lot of the people at the employer actually wanted. I.E. For all we know he tried to make them fit, which they didn't like.

However: it is a bit suggestive that after Glory he went on to found some dodgy analytics company rather than getting another gig. Plus he erased Glory from his LinkedIn as if it somehow it hadn't been a role reported in the press.

*Obviously I mean me as well.

I can give any kudos or an out for Weber give both the change in our fortunes since he left and that Glory fired him within like 12 months. Too much evidence he was a quack
Unfortunately most of my connections from my playing days are at the Eagles along with a few players I’ve had some coaching relationships with apart from Jye, so the information is coming partly second hand. Although I have heard it from another source.

But my initial point is that Weber hated Lyon & Lyon hated Weber which was extremely toxic. The current structure looks far more cohesive & respectful.

The Harley Bennell recovery plan that one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back