Injury 2024 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Horse confirmed Cunningham will miss next “couple of weeks” with a minor hamstring strain

No plan yet for Mills and Parker coming back until next week, waiting for more information

We await today’s report for any other updates

I knew there was no such thing as a "precautionary" hamstring :grin:

Anything hamstring related is an auto 2 weeks. Port tried to cheap skate it with Rozee and he played shocking/didn't play for 2 months or so. Annoying news obviously for Harry who plays his lockdown role very well. Who we thinking jumps in that spot? Roberts, Fox and Campbell seem the obvious ones, Vickery a massive outsider for a debut

Last edited:

Anything hamstring related is an auto 2 weeks. Port tried to cheap skate it with Rozee and he played shocking/didn't play for 2 months or so. Annoying news obviously for Harry who plays his lockdown role very well. Who we thinking jumps in that spot? Roberts, Fox and Cunningham seem the obvious ones, Vickery a massive outsider for a debut
Cunningham is out

Callum Mills

Callum continues to train fully with the AFL team. He will be a test to play next week.

Angus Sheldrick

Angus’s recovery from his ankle ligament is coming along well. He is a test to play this week.

Harry Arnold

Harry is showing good improvement in team training and will require two weeks of training before returning to play.

Pete Ladhams

Pete has recommenced skill work and will be progressed to team training this week.

Jack Buller

Jack Buller remains on light duties. He has commenced cross training and strength work

Harry Cunningham

Harry sustained a low-grade hamstring strain in the game against Fremantle. He has commenced conditioning and strength work but is expected to miss 2-3 weeks.

Callum Mills

Callum continues to train fully with the AFL team. He will be a test to play next week.

Angus Sheldrick

Angus’s recovery from his ankle ligament is coming along well. He is a test to play this week.

Harry Arnold

Harry is showing good improvement in team training and will require two weeks of training before returning to play.

Pete Ladhams

Pete has recommenced skill work and will be progressed to team training this week.

Jack Buller

Jack Buller remains on light duties. He has commenced cross training and strength work

Harry Cunningham

Harry sustained a low-grade hamstring strain in the game against Fremantle. He has commenced conditioning and strength work but is expected to miss 2-3 weeks.
So good to see Gus make a far quicker recovery than first indicated.

Add him to Mills, Parker …. we’re about to get a few quality players back on the park.

Me asking who jumps into his spot? Or the fact that i said a hamstring injury is an auto 2 weeks. 2 blatantly obvious statements suggesting that Cunningham is out
sigh

OK, I’ll quote you:

“Who we thinking jumps into that spot? Roberts, Fox and Cunningham seem the obvious ones …..”

Now if Cunningham is out with a twang, it does strike me as reasonable to assume he’s not an obvious choice to replace himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive outsider alright, I would be VERY surprised. At this point not even expecting him to be on the list next year.
With our track record I'm legit more disappointed when a second round pick doesn't work out than I am when a first rounder doesn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back