• St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Western Bulldogs

• Fremantle

• Jack Watts

• Carlolton being bent over by st kilda and losing finals in the last minute of the season…again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

AvantGardener

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Note that a mod has changed Essendon option to 9toes. A vote for 9toes is a vote for Essendon.

After previous administrators of this prestigious award did what a typical Colonwood supporter does and failed to show up for work after their first shift I have taken this on for 2024.

We have a good cohort who simply aren't eligible:
  • Sydney despite their mid season slump
  • Port despite still being coached by Hinkley
  • GWS despite a mid season slump
  • Geelong despite very patchy form at times and Tom Hawkins playing a year too long
  • Brisbane despite an ordinary start to the year
  • Hawthorn who have rocketed up the ladder

Then we have 3 who will be added to the pole but are only eligible if they miss finals so think carefully. It would be embarrasing to vote for one of these especially they make finals:

• Western Bulldogs
  • Fremantle
  • Carlton

Then we have some surprising non-eligible teams from the bottom 8
  • Melbourne Demons as their damage was mostly done in the off-season and they rightfully took out that award
  • Norf who have shown a lot more this season than seasons gone by
  • West Coast who improved with the new coach

That does leave a few in minor contention but not a realistic chance of winning:
  • Adelaide who after the disappointment of last year was expected to finish higher. Have still been dangerous at times though
  • Gold Coast who continue not to be able to win away from home
  • St Kilda who just won't learn under Ross

Now we move onto the Big3 chances of winning this award
  • Essendon for a remarkable slide down the ladder from 2nd to 11th
  • Richmond for winning just 2 games and now losing any semblance of experience they had. Get the feeling if they manage to take it out this year they could quite easily get a trifecta, something that alluded them from 2017-2020.
  • Collingwood for missing finals as the reigning premiers

Vote wisely. Polling closes in 7 days.

Last edited:
Has to be Essendon with their celebrations for their 20th year without a finals win now less than 2 weeks away, especially considering where they sat half way through the season.

Of course Carlton can steal this award with a loss this weekend, with them going into their 30th season since they lasted kissed the cup.

Ben Dixon for getting emotional about how the bombers were definitely gonna win a final and make a prelim - on national television. Now that’s embarrassing.

A lot of epic embarrassments this year, but my vote goes to CollingWOBBLES not only putting together the WORST premiership defence we've seen in a very long time, but also banking on being a top club as seen by them trading their future for VFL-standard small forward Schitz. One of these embarrassments in isolation would be worthy of winning this award, but together they perfectly sum up LOLINGwood's weak, blubbery mess of a season.

A lot of epic embarrassments this year, but my vote goes to CollingWOBBLES not only putting together the WORST premiership defence we've seen in a very long time, but also banking on being a top club as seen by them trading their future for VFL-standard small forward Schitz. One of these embarrassments in isolation would be worthy of winning this award, but together they perfectly sum up LOLINGwood's weak, blubbery mess of a season.
I would hardly call 12 months a very long time?
1724385007537.png
1724385032231.png :think:

How about that Port Adelaide fan who went to the police after he got his hat knocked off by Matt Crouch.

Launceston :$:$:$

The AFL might be forced to bring forward tomorrow’s Hawthorn v North Melbourne clash into daylight hours with threatened industrial action meaning the league cannot guarantee power to the venue.
The Hawks clash against the Roos is a critical part of the AFL’s round 24 clash given a win will ensure Hawthorn plays finals again.

But while there will be power at the venue in Launceston, there is no guarantee power would be restored if there was a blackout.

There have been recent power outages in Launceston, and it would be a disastrous circumstance if the AFL was unable to continue a game because dark had fallen and the lights could not come back on.

$10 tassie devils foundation bumper sticker memberships have to be up there. :$

View attachment 2088579
of-to-gulag.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm saving my vote for Sunday, if Carlton lose to St Kilda and get knocked out of finals my vote will go to them.

If it doesn't happen it will go to one of the other teams that lost to the Saints this year, Geelong and Sydney need to be included.

Ben Dixon for getting emotional about how the bombers were definitely gonna win a final and make a prelim - on national television. Now that’s embarrassing.

Do you have a link to this? Dickhead only appears on Fox tv shows like the Bounce which doesn't count as national television.

Epic troll to try and help Essendon supporters believe that this was the year to break the 7000+ day drought

Epic troll to try and help Essendon supporters believe that this was the year to break the 7000+ day drought

I think it was legitimate emotion, as in a good Hawthorn man in Dixon couldn't stomach the thought of an * finals win. Thankfully now he's basking in relief.

I'm saving my vote for Sunday, if Carlton lose to St Kilda and get knocked out of finals my vote will go to them.

If it doesn't happen it will go to one of the other teams that lost to the Saints this year, Geelong and Sydney need to be included.

Do you have a link to this? Dickhead only appears on Fox tv shows like the Bounce which doesn't count as national television.
Yes. Yes I do.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Jeff Kennett Embarrassment of the Year

Back