2024 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably one last hurdle in the form of GWS in Canberra next week. Win that and you'd have to think Hawthorn are locks for finals. Big chance for the Hawks to cause some chaos with a game against Carlton the following week too.

However, if Hawthorn lose the next two against GWS and Carlton then finals are probably gone.

Probably one last hurdle in the form of GWS in Canberra next week. Win that and you'd have to think Hawthorn are locks for finals. Big chance for the Hawks to cause some chaos with a game against Carlton the following week too.

However, if Hawthorn lose the next two against GWS and Carlton then finals are probably gone.
Hawthorn would be stiff to miss with 13 wins which is extremely likely, win one of GWS or Carlton and they’ll make it. Will also be a real contender.

You're a funny man Fudgey
He's right though. It's an up and down year but imo Carlton haven't shown anything this year resembling what the Bulldogs did to the swans today, or what the swans, gws or cats showed at points this year.
And I say that as someone that has no skin in the thread, having embarrassingly predicted both dogs and cats to miss the 8. The bottom line is at no point has peak Carlton looked equal to peak four other teams, minimum

He's right though. It's an up and down year but imo Carlton haven't shown anything this year resembling what the Bulldogs did to the swans today, or what the swans, gws or cats showed at points this year.
And I say that as someone that has no skin in the thread, having embarrassingly predicted both dogs and cats to miss the 8. The bottom line is at no point has peak Carlton looked equal to peak four other teams, minimum
We flogged Geelong to the tune of 10 goals recently, blew GWS off the park in our first encounter late in the game and demolished Port our first time around too.

Think it's a bit delusional to say our best isnt good enough, we've just been inconsistent... Like every other team this season.

We flogged Geelong to the tune of 10 goals recently, blew GWS off the park in our first encounter late in the game and demolished Port our first time around too.

Think it's a bit delusional to say our best isnt good enough, we've just been inconsistent... Like every other team this season.
Delusional? Peak Sydney is better than you. Peak Bulldogs and GWS are too. Suck it up. Doesn't mean you can't win the flag if things go your way, but you're not the best team. Boo hoo

Delusional? Peak Sydney is better than you. Peak Bulldogs and GWS are too. Suck it up. Doesn't mean you can't win the flag if things go your way, but you're not the best team. Boo hoo
Can I ask why, if we've been nowhere near those other teams best, why we've been widely regarded as the 2nd seed for much of the season? By fans on here and by the media 😂😂😂

Carlton wouldn't even be in the 6 most likely winners at this stage.

Brisbane
Fremantle
Sydney
GWS
Doggies
Port

Even Hawthorn are in far better form over the last month or so.

Carlton wouldn't even be in the 6 most likely winners at this stage.

Brisbane
Fremantle
Sydney
GWS
Doggies
Port

Even Hawthorn are in far better form over the last month or so.
Is this from the same mind that had us coming 16th this season?
Tobey Maguire Lol GIF

Which of the teams I mentioned are Carlton in better form than?

Make your case.
Would back us in vs every team except the Lions and Swans depending on the venue. We're in a slump atm no doubt, but there's every chance some of those teams drop in form over the next month and we find ours again as has been the case over the course of this season.

Every team has gone through ups and downs this season, we're currently in one of ours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are people underrating Carlton so much? I think they just want them to be shit even though they aren’t and at the MCG I’m backing them to win against any interstate (and Geelong) teams

Why are people underrating Carlton so much? I think they just want them to be shit even though they aren’t and at the MCG I’m backing them to win against any interstate (and Geelong) teams
The problem is that we have thrown away any chance of top two with our bad run of form. It will take an absolute miracle for us to get a home prelim at the MCG from here.

I don’t think you’ll go out in straight sets and Lions are not unbeatable at the Gabba anyway. Could get lucky and get Geelong at the MCG in a PF too if you lose the QF, that’s also a winnable game. I think you smashed them earlier in the season. Upsets happen very often in finals, some teams can’t handle the pressure.

Can their midfield get it done without all of them pulling their weight? Cripps is starting to fatigue and do too much. They are the team that can't cover an injury or two either as the weekend showed.

Defensively they are suspect as well.

Can their midfield get it done without all of them pulling their weight? Cripps is starting to fatigue and do too much. They are the team that can't cover an injury or two either as the weekend showed.

Defensively they are suspect as well.

Look we’ll see, all of Sydney, Lions and Cats have shat the bed in finals. The former two more recently and Cats aren’t has good as a few years ago.

But I do think Cats and Carlton are capable of beating Lions at the Gabba. Would not be surprised at all if that happens.

Look we’ll see, all of Sydney, Lions and Cats have shat the bed in finals. The former two more recently and Cats aren’t has good as a few years ago.

But I do think Cats and Carlton are capable of beating Lions at the Gabba. Would not be surprised at all if that happens.

Any team in the top 6 to 8 can beat anybody on their day. Nothing would surprise me this year but if you did have to look at the weaknesses of teams I feel that the Blues have got a few if they have an injury or two and if Cripps doesn't get help.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back