2024 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think you’ll go out in straight sets and Lions are not unbeatable at the Gabba anyway. Could get lucky and get Geelong at the MCG in a PF too if you lose the QF, that’s also a winnable game. I think you smashed them earlier in the season. Upsets happen very often in finals, some teams can’t handle the pressure.

We beat them earlier in the season as well, was part of our streak

Why are people underrating Carlton so much? I think they just want them to be shit even though they aren’t and at the MCG I’m backing them to win against any interstate (and Geelong) teams

They are still a massive chance, need to turn it around now though, next 2 weeks won't be easy.

Ive got Sydney
Brisbane
Freo
Dogs
Carlton
Geelong
GWS
Hawthorn (just ahead of Port on %, I think they smash us and North the last 2 weeks to make it)

Port would then miss on 14 wins.

We’ve won 4 of our last 5 and were 3rd at one stage literally a week ago lol

What were you were saying how Carlton have gone in that time?
Cats were easily top 2 after winning the first 7 games since then they have lost 7 of the last 12 I was actually talking about the Lions game and the form the cats have shown since then

Cats were easily top 2 after winning the first 7 games since then they have lost 7 of the last 12 I was actually talking about the Lions game and the form the cats have shown since then
Two good streaks with a terrible period in the middle.

Not really contenders but not the 12th-14th that was widely predicted in here.

Honestly wouldn't surprise me with our current run of form.
Pendles' 400th is a massive danger game.

If Carlton lose against the Pies and Hawks can beat GWS, then Hawks would probably go into that game at the MCG as favourites.

At that stage the pressure is massive on the Blues, and WC at Optus is never a gimme game.
Even if you win that then you have to play the Saints at Marvel, possibly off a 6 day break coming back from Perth.

I have concerns.

And there's a world where we win all 4...
Of course. You are just as much of a chance to win all 4 as to lose all 4.

The point is, that it is super tight right now, and only Sydney, Brisbane and Freo look like they will comfortably make it.

You think a team sitting in the top 4 are just as much chance to lose to 4 bottom 10 teams in a row as they are to win them?

Mmmm 🤔
I laid out my reasoning as to why it is possible to lose three of the four games and miss finals.

I agree that it is highly unlikely that the Blues lose all four - though that is about the same likelihood for them to win all four.

In reality, they will probably win 2 or 3 of the remaining games and finish somewhere between 3rd and 6th. But the three losses scenario shouldn't be completely ignored.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's also a chance both Hawks and Footscray finish top 4
There are some crazy outcomes that are still 'mathematically possible'... like this fun one:

1722317367021.png

This one is pure insanity though as there is no way Sydney and Brisbane both lose 4 on the trot.

In all likelihood Essendon and Collingwood both miss finals and Brisbane finish top 2.
Hawthorn may scrape into 8th.

This is one of the must fun seasons I've seen in a long time - and I'm not just saying that as a Hawks fan (though they should be one of the big reasons why for supporters from any club).

Last edited:
I’ve given up, just going to take it one week at a time. The fact that there is a possibility that Hawks could make top 4 is insane. I think they’ll lose to GWS though I don’t say that with great confidence, but the rest of the games are there for the taking.
Right there with you. I've given up pretending I know what's going to happen.

I’ve given up, just going to take it one week at a time. The fact that there is a possibility that Hawks could make top 4 is insane. I think they’ll lose to GWS though I don’t say that with great confidence, but the rest of the games are there for the taking.
So many 50/50 games with a sprinkling of crazy upsets …. Are Adelaide even ruled out mathematically yet?

Where are the geniuses who put crows top four?
I told youse all top 8 was fanciful
Come on
Where are the Crowie spruikers now?
I had them 6th. You guys 5th. Crows easily the biggest under performers this season or most dissapointing at least. Maybe GC are in that boat too. But yes. Me. The genius. Had crows 6th😭

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back