2024 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

No way Sydney are going to be minor premiers, I think they'll lose 2 out of their last 3 games, and could lose all of their final games and drop out of the top 4. Brisbane, GWS or Port could jump them. I think it's likely going to be a Brisbane v GWS grand final.

Last edited:
Very interesting round.

Finals could nearly be locked in, or still well and truly open.

If Essendon, Collingwood, and Hawks lose I'd be willing to say finals are locked in.

It's still possible 14 wins is the requirement.

Going to be a huge set of rounds for all teams in the 8.

We've got a huge challenge ahead, and so do GWS. I'm not confident with Sydney and think Colllingwood can get up, just as much as Adelaide can take out the Dogs. I think Essendon will win this week and go in hot against Sydney and potentially win. I still think Bombers can make the 8 with 14 and 2.

I think in the end the top 4 will look something like Port/Brisbane/GWS and Sydney

Would be funny if Sydney implode to the point everything goes against them and they miss the 8
Not out of the question especially if they perform poorly this weekend. The way Essendon play they will rip through Sydney. Adelaide will then give them trouble.

Buckley said exactly what I said On the Couch. Sydney had a gameplan that worked, and they didn't need to change it so they've never had an opportunity to invest time into a plan B. I think it's too late to get back on track. They're ****ed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be funny if Sydney implode to the point everything goes against them and they miss the 8
Won't miss the 8 with their percentage.

I managed to get this to happen but required upsets and big wins to offset percentage

1723008973593.png

Long winded way to say:

1. H2H
2. H2H %
3. Coin toss
I think it's incredibly unlikely in the first place to get the same percentage. Then you need it to be two teams with the same win loss record. If it got this far it's then not unlikely that they won a game each. To then have the same percentage is even more unlikely.

I think it's incredibly unlikely in the first place to get the same percentage. Then you need it to be two teams with the same win loss record. If it got this far it's then not unlikely that they won a game each. To then have the same percentage is even more unlikely.
You'd have to have exactly the same points for and against pretty much, and against each other, it'll happen once every 500 years

This is one of the more realistic efforts on current form.
I only question Sydney as they seem as much chance to lose any or all of their last 3 and I doubt them winning all of them.
On current form - but form will fluctuate over this last month. That’s been the one constant in season 2024 - just about every team has been up and down. I’m backing Swans to get back to a better level and Lions to maintain their pace. Not too sure about Doggies and Power but I’m hoping they make it a great finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back