2024 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there will be an 11th hour change at the bottom of the ladder in the final round. With the Gold Coast looking to have already 'clocked out' a comfortable win by Richmond over the Gold Coast at the MCG coupled with a crushing win by Hawthorn over North Melbourne will lift the Tigers from the bottom of the ladder and consign the Kangaroos to the 2024 wooden spoon.

They probably dont want the bye tbh will ruin their momentum
Perhaps. However it can't be ignored that a higher proportion of sides have made it to the grand final from 5th-8th since the pre-finals bye was introduced. We also see straight sets exits occur more frequently. So I'd say overall sides finishing 5th-8th have a higher chance of success these days, partly because of that bye.

Perhaps. However it can't be ignored that a higher proportion of sides have made it to the grand final from 5th-8th since the pre-finals bye was introduced. We also see straight sets exits occur more frequently. So I'd say overall sides finishing 5th-8th have a higher chance of success these days, partly because of that bye.

Based on how the season has gone after 7-8 wins in a row teams stumble so they are probably due for a stinker or two.

Bulldogs should be at Marvel, our home game not Hawthorn, if it turns out that way
Does it make that much difference? Bulldogs play finals type footy, have the finals needed key forwards and on their day are better than anyone. If you’re off your game you'll lose at Matvel. Let more people see the game live.

gotta learn how to play the G unfortunately.

Not sure how a team can “learn how to play the G” when they get to play there twice - with the last time in round 9. We’ve played at AO more times than the G this year. It’s ****ing ludicrous.

That said, the Melbourne finals should be at the G imo. Allows more fans in and if you need to play there on GF day you might as well get an opportunity to play there in a home final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possible finals week1

QF1 - Swans v GWS
QF2 - Port v Geelong
EF 1 - Lions v Carlton
EF2 - Hawks v Dogs

You'd have to say Swans and Port in box seat
Honestly. Hawks vs dogs would be an outstanding game. Would easily be one of the best elim final match ups with 2 very quality teams who would throw everything at it. Fingers crossed it stays this way.

I meant to submit an updated prediction before last night (trust me ;) )

1. Collingwood
2. GWS
3. Brisbane
4. Port Adelaide
5. Adelaide
6. Geelong
7. Sydney
8. Bulldogs

9. Carlton
10. Melbourne
11. Fremantle
12. St Kilda
13. Gold Coast
14. Richmond
15. Essendon
16. Hawthorn
17. North Melbourne
18. West Coast
Not a shocking effort in the end. I had an earlier one with Hawthorn around 10th but must have gone cold on them late, so that was a big boo-boo. It was hard to guess whether this or next year would be their big rise.

Besides that obviously tipping Collingwood for top 4 and Adelaide for finals were very wrong, but I feel most would've been the same. Not low enough on Richmond, but injuries probably caused that.

What I got right: GWS being the surprise 2023 prelim team to climb into top 4. Port staying top 4. Geelong and Bulldogs climbing into the top 8. Sydney and Brisbane staying there (but I had Brisbane as a contender and Sydney making up the numbers). Melbourne and St Kilda sliding. If Freo didn't choke today I had the Blues right, but in reality I didn't have Freo making finals anyway.

Using logic that 1 side goes into Top 4 from outside the 8 and 3 teams from Top 8 leave.

1. Brisbane
2. GWS
3. Adelaide
4. Collingwood
5. Melbourne
6. Bulldogs
7. Carlton
8. Geelong
9. Sydney
10. St Kilda
11. Gold Coast
12. Port Adelaide
13. Hawthorn
14. Richmond
15. Fremantle
16. Essendon
17. West Coast
18. North Melbourne
Using the difference between estimate and final ladder (Lower the points the better)

Ended on 82
Interested if anyone got under 50

Sydney
Brisbane
Collingwood
Carlton
Melbourne
GWS
Port Adelaide
Fremantle
————————-
Adelaide
Stkilda
Gold Coast
Essendon
Western bulldogs
Hawthorn
Geelong
Richmond
North Melbourne
West coast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Preseason
Over estimated Melbourne and Collingwood and Adelaide
Underestimated Geelong hawks and WB

Overall did pretty well though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just been going through the ladder predictions, and I think a lot of you are in for a shock with how much West Coast are going to improve this year. I'm fairly confident if things go well we could get at least 4 wins and finish above North. If things don't go so well we will only finish above Richmond.
Uh oh,
Looks like we had a good year after all.
Not a single 100 point loss all year and finished above North and Richmond as predicted.
Look out 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back