List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon are paying him around a million a year….
$850k is what has beeN widely reported. Looks a bargain atm but health has always been his problem
1.3 million each year for the 1st 3 years I believe then minimum wage
It is very hard to shuffle money around when you have to find 800k.

$850k seems what the media believe… Absolute steal with Ben’s output this year and the reported 8x$1.5m offered to Weitering… We could have back ended the contract with the upcoming increases in the cap…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i don’t believe the 8 years thing for a second. That would be his 18th season. The $1.5mil part is what a few clubs like North and Hawthorn for instance should be offering and Balta probably won’t be far off that either

SOS is not going to stop. He holds grudges.
For instance, he will make us pay overs for the Campo twins. He won’t batter an eyelid.

No one is forcing us to pay overs for anybody. That is our list managers choice.

Happy for SOS to ruin the Saints, which he will if he makes all of his decisions with Carlton in mind. It would be funny to see him blow a top 5 pick on one of Campos.

Weitering wont be leaving this year, trading him would be closing our window shut and there is no compensation that would be enough to do that. If he wants to leave in 2025 as an FA that’s the game, we will have a million bucks and a first round pick to use elsewhere. Good on him for setting himself up for life.

FWIW I’m all but certain he finishes what he started and plays out his career as a Carlton legend. He has been an advocate for keeping this core group together so I can’t see him jumping off here. He will no doubt get looked after plenty later on.

No one is forcing us to pay overs for anybody. That is our list managers choice.

Happy for SOS to ruin the Saints, which he will if he makes all of his decisions with Carlton in mind. It would be funny to see him blow a top 5 pick on one of Campos.

Weitering wont be leaving this year, trading him would be closing our window shut and there is no compensation that would be enough to do that. If he wants to leave in 2025 as an FA that’s the game, we will have a million bucks and a first round pick to use elsewhere. Good on him for setting himself up for life.

FWIW I’m all but certain he finishes what he started and plays out his career as a Carlton legend. He has been an advocate for keeping this core group together so I can’t see him jumping off here. He will no doubt get looked after plenty later on.
My post wasn't about Weitering.

Linton St rabble would have to trade half their list to get enough picks for us to agree to a trade for Weitering. Knowing SOS he'd offer a 3rd rounder.

Looking forward to him bidding on Ben Campo at pick 4 when they finish bottom 4.

Yep, we certainly have reached the silly season, where agents leak ludicrous things to the media to try and eke out a few extra dollars for their client

The odds of Weitering, who played the first 2/3 of his career for a bog awful team, leaving to go to St Kilda for his twighlight years if we finish top 6 and they finish bottom 6 would strike me as being extraordonarily low.

The 26-year-old dual John Nicholls medallist still has one more season remaining on his current deal but his management and the club will look to get an extension done before the end of the season, with Weitering saying the senior Blues are fiercely committed to the club.

“I will stick around for as long as I can,” Weitering said of his connection to the Blues.

“This was the club that drafted me and put its faith in me as the No.1 pick and the ultimate goal for all of us is a premiership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back