List Mgmt. 2024 List Management šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

I was pushing for us to chase Liam Henry last year. IMO he is the type we need. A Chad Warner would be perfect but rare

We need to add some leg speed at years end

I would really like the club to explain why we signed Cottrell & Durdin to 2 years deals so early?

List spots are gold and itā€™s not as if they were going elsewhere
I think they'll both get there. Surely wouldn't be on a heap of coin.

Another point to add re: Durdin is that an extension gives us greater leverage if we were to trade him. That's a whole different can of worms, which I'm not quite ready to get into. I'd rather he fulfils his potential with us.

I think they'll both get there. Surely wouldn't be on a heap of coin.

Another point to add re: Durdin is that an extension gives us greater leverage if we were to trade him. That's a whole different can of worms, which I'm not quite ready to get into. I'd rather he fulfils his potential with us.

Doesnā€™t address my point. Why two years and early in season? Like I said, they arenā€™t going anywhere

As for Cottrell he is a role player at best. 24 and 65 games and still only one game with more than 20 possessions.

One year I can understand but 2?

Doesnā€™t address my point. Why two years and early in season? Like I said, they arenā€™t going anywhere

As for Cottrell he is a role player at best. 24 and 65 games and still only one game with more than 20 possessions.

One year I can understand but 2?
Durds would get that or more from both SA clubs if he wanted it.

As for Cotts, I really think you'd be surprised at how he is rated outside Carlton. I think he would have plenty of interest.

The best 3 year stretch we have had this millenium?

Took over in 2020 and subsequently brought in Saad (All Australian), Fogarty (whatever he is, he seems to be best 22) plus Carroll and Durdin

2021 added Hewett and Cerra, plus Motlop

2022 added Acres, Hollands, Cowan (all best 22) plus Binns and Lemmey (jury out) then Cincotta and O'Keefe (pretty good rookies)

2023 = E Hollands plus draftees yet to play

Seems to have done a decent job of rounding out the list around the core group. Inherited a big bunch of then underperforming high draft picks and seems to have kept the best of them (Kennedy, De Koning) and moved on the others (SPS, Fisher, Dow, Stocker) without really making a mistake. Probably the only criticism givem where he started was carrying too many perennially injured guys ino
A false narrative. Saad and Hewett wanted to come
Saad, Acres, Hewett, EHollands, Cincotta, Cowans are successes. 6 players in 5 years. Hit rate needs to be better
I struggle after that. Barely a draft success. (Cowans) Williams, Cerra have not exactly set the world on fire.
What has Austin done to address our lack of burst from stoppage, pace, outside run?

IMO couldnā€™t disagree more. I donā€™t know any club that rates Cottrell. Durdin maybe as a DFA if it came to that
Either way neither are really going to make or break out list. Right now Austin and his team need to figure out what to do with this midfield mix and the lack of 2nd quality KPD.

All while supposedly being under tight cap restraints atm. I don't think we'll have an overly busy off season, but I hope we really get aggressive at the draft to take a player or two who fit our list needs. The Campo's are both fine prospects, but neither are going to help out list conundrum at all.

Acres, Hewett, Hollands, Cincotta, Cowans are successes. 5 players in 5 years
I struggle after that. Barely a draft success. Williams, Cerra have not exactly set the world on fire.
What has Austin done to address our lack of burst from stoppage, pace, outside run?

Wilson?

Either way neither are really going to make or break out list. Right now Austin and his team need to figure out what to do with this midfield mix and the lack of 2nd quality KPD.

All while supposedly being under tight cap restraints atm. I don't think we'll have an overly busy off season, but I hope we really get aggressive at the draft to take a player or two who fit our list needs. The Campo's are both fine prospects, but neither are going to help out list conundrum at all.

SC is fine. We have room. On top of Campo twins we will have a first round pick in what is supposed to be a mid heavy draft

Being able to trade 2 years of picks may help if it happens

I have no doubt we have targeted a free agent or two and hopefully some cheap deals like we did with Acres & Elijah

I see this as a massive trade/draft period for us

SC is fine. We have room. On top of Campo twins we will have a first round pick in what is supposed to be a mid heavy draft

Being able to trade 2 years of picks may help if it happens

I have no doubt we have targeted a free agent or two and hopefully some cheap deals like we did with Acres & Elijah

I see this as a massive trade/draft period for us
Hope so. There's plenty of players around the 10-25 mark who have the traits we're after. Personally I'd love us to get really aggressive knowing Cody Walker is on the way in a couple of years as a top end talent and being able to trade 2 years out. Trading up or trading in for more bites to try and get an influx of high quality kids to go with the Campos.

I can't see us securing any genuine difference makers via trade or FA with the cap the way it is and the players we may be interested in being for the most part contracted.

I think if one was going to criticize Austin for something it would be for not having as much dare or boldness with what he's got. I didn't rate SOS when it came to a lot of the kids he picked, but he sure knew how to play the trade tables and shuffle around deck chairs to end up with a good deal.

Saad, Acres, Hewett, EHollands, Cincotta, Cowans are successes. 6 players in 5 years. Hit rate needs to be better
I struggle after that. Barely a draft success. (Cowans) Williams, Cerra have not exactly set the world on fire.
4 years.
He has brought in about 9 best 22 players. It would be interesting to see which contending clubs have done much better then that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Message to Austin.

Find some defenders or a group of defenders who stop goals. You have covered all the other key traits except that one.

We have handball receives covered, metres gained, intercept marking, calamity, panic....players racking up disposals for supercoach scores.

We just dont have defenders who can stop a goal.

Message to Austin.

Find some defenders or a group of defenders who stop goals. You have covered all the other key traits except that one.

We have handball receives covered, metres gained, intercept marking, calamity, panic....players racking up disposals for supercoach scores.

We just dont have defenders who can stop a goal.
Newman Saad Boyd Weitering and Cowan stop plenty of goals. Kemp tries his guts out but isn't a key defender, can't really criticize him for that.

Rubbish post.

I think itā€™s time for an uncomfortable conversation about Adam Cerra.

We paid a massive price for him and I donā€™t think weā€™ve seen a return on investment. In theory we know he is a rolls royce, but so far I donā€™t think he provides much more than Hewett and Kennedy who would be on much less coin.

Really needs to get his body right and play his best footy in the back end of the year.
And here comes the overreactions after 2 losses!

So we have a couple of problems.

1. We need a key back asap who isnā€™t going to shit the bed. Marchbank canā€™t play again and Kemp is more suited as a 3rd tall.

2. TDK isnā€™t 100% ready to be a full time ruck, gets easily injured and very banged up and Pitto just doesnā€™t do anything around the ground. Plus 2 rucks stifle our leg speed.

3. Midfield!!! Apart from Cripps and Walsh (when he isnā€™t being tagged, which is a big problem when he is) we really donā€™t have a quality 3, 4, 5 mid. Kennedy sub, Hewett banished, Cerra lacks a lot of everything.

So although currently 2nd, we really have some major problems.

Maybe Lord was exactly the right midsesson pick we needed to take, but backline and ruck is a serious problem.

Not sure how we fix all 3 areas I have identified but we really need to as each 1 breaks down other areas of our team on game day
I'd also like to give Harry and Charlie some help, they are cruising because they have no competition to keep them honest. It was always going to happen because neither are really leaders.

I'd also like to give Harry and Charlie some help, they are cruising because they have no competition to keep them honest. It was always going to happen because neither are really leaders.
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ Dear god. Charlies on track for his 3rd Coleman and Harry is arguably the best CHF in the competition. What the hell are you talking about about?

The binns pick is the one that annoys me the most. However reality is we havenā€™t had the picks higher in the draft. Someone like berry, taj hottton, Kako should be prioritised as well as a mature aged key defender and then maybe draft a key defender next year

I think itā€™s time for an uncomfortable conversation about Adam Cerra.

We paid a massive price for him and I donā€™t think weā€™ve seen a return on investment. In theory we know he is a rolls royce, but so far I donā€™t think he provides much more than Hewett and Kennedy who would be on much less coin.

Really needs to get his body right and play his best footy in the back end of the year.

He was probably on track to win our best and fairest last year before he missed those 4 games later last year, so itā€™s a bit unfair to say heā€™s been rubbish.

I think the hamstring injuries and whatever program they have had him on hasnā€™t paid dividends. Seems a bit tentative and maybe a game in the vfl wouldnā€™t be the worst thing for him.

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ Dear god. Charlies on track for his 3rd Coleman and Harry is arguably the best CHF in the competition. What the hell are you talking about about?
They are both still playing within themselves IMO, especially Charlie,and are the only two we have. There's a whole myriad of reasons why it may or may not happen for us, that have nothing to do with the most obvious thing you observe from our last loss. Our general lack of leg speed wasn't why the Bulldogs were better than us on the night, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan was the reason.

Last edited:

Who is pushing 'false narratives'? You keep saying 5 years to make him look worse but it is clearly only 4 - Austin started in January 2020.

Cerra was 4th in our BnF last year and is a success by any measure, despite injury this year. Ollie Hollands has played almost every game since being drafted and also has to be a success. If it is about being best 22, then Fogarty probably counts too - he's given decent value.

Williams was a mistake that chewed up our cap room. He's had bad luck, and seems a great bloke to have around the club, so there's worse mistakes but we gave him way too.much on the hope he could be a midfielder.

That's still 9 players currently best 22 in 4 years. Really 3.5 given none of our draftees last year have been tested yet. Seems actually pretty good to me.

Otherwise, Ollie Hollands and Acres are the two best outside runners at the club. Saad and (healthy) Williams are/were fast outside runners off the backline. Cincotta is quick and versatile. There's certainly been efforts to address run.

Drafting - has had one pick in the top 25 in 3 years and that makes it hard to assess.

That seems at least a solid record. Took over a list that was battling, with a heap of underperforming high draft picks, and has turned it into a top 4 squad. The big wuestion is in whether he can bring in a superstar rather than just hitting singles, and i guess we have to wait and see on that.

100%. Short memories

Cerra is a bloody good player and will get better. Had a bad run with injuries and playing a role that isnā€™t suited

Is anyone doubting Walsh as he is in a similar position?

Walsh seems to struggle with the new interpretation of HTB. Honestly who can blame him I doubt many can make sense of it.

But Walsh seems to be getting caught at least once if not multiple times every week and his confidence appears shot.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back