• Xavier Lindsay

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Taj Hotton

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to have 2 picks in top 30 & B.Campo fall past 30.

Seems some good key position options rated between 20-30.
I wouldn't be worrying about KPP this year unless it was via trade but you're right in that there's some more than capable KPP in that 20-30 range which could allow us to double up before a Ben bid. Personally I'd be trying to get up to a pick that secures us Berry or Travaglia as year 1 impact players that address list deficiencies. Lindsay or Reid would be great for footskills but not sure how quickly we'd see them given our plethora of mids.

Would love to have 2 picks in top 30 & B.Campo fall past 30.

Seems some good key position options rated between 20-30.
If we lose this coming week, there’s a chance we end up with a top 10 pick. Would most certainly trade next years 1st and our current 2nd to try and get another pick anywhere from 8-14.

I’m keen on Joe Berry and Xavier Lindsay

I haven't seen this year's draft highlight reels yet but I think it's strange that everyone is going gaga about a small forward.
IMHO, we need a P. O. D mid that has speed and elite skills both by hand and especially by foot.
Our midfield is strong around clearances but relies heavily on good ruckwork (obviously) and Cripps.
If either of those 2 factors are evened up or beaten, we're screwed.
We need someone with genuine burst speed and great skills far more than we need another small forward.
Keep Martin without selling the farm, get a good preseason into him, Williams and Motlop, and focus the draft on speed and skills.
Some."good" players may have to go to get the draft hand but that's how it has to be.
Time is ticking before yet another bloody rebuild.

I haven't seen this year's draft highlight reels yet but I think it's strange that everyone is going gaga about a small forward.
IMHO, we need a P. O. D mid that has speed and elite skills both by hand and especially by foot.
Our midfield is strong around clearances but relies heavily on good ruckwork (obviously) and Cripps.
We need someone with genuine burst speed and great skills far more than we need another small forward.
Keep Martin without selling the farm, get a good preseason into him, Williams and Motlop, and focus the draft on speed and skills.
Some."good" players may have to go to get the draft hand but that's how it has to be.
agree. Although I think berry has shown that he does have midfield qualities. Speed in the forward line is useless if your going to move the ball slowly. People are underrating how good our forward line pressure.

He also plays midfield, has elite skills, speed and works through traffic as well as anyone in this draft

My general drafting philosophy is a player who has proven they can win the ball in the air and on the ground in the forward line, as well as finish their work in front of goal is the skill set that is most transferable, most valuable and most rare.

If you can do all that, you can probably play midfield too if you’ve got half decent fitness.

Players that I’ve liked of that type in recent times were Duursma, Sheezel, Rachele, Weightman and our own Elijah.

You don’t always get the picks to take these players so if you get a chance I think you pull the trigger.

Berry strikes me as a player with that kind of skill set.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My general drafting philosophy is a player who has proven they can win the ball in the air and on the ground in the forward line, as well as finish their work in front of goal is the skill set that is most transferable, most valuable and most rare.

If you can do all that, you can probably play midfield too if you’ve got half decent fitness.

Players that I’ve liked of that type in recent times were Duursma, Sheezel, Rachele, Weightman and our own Elijah.

You don’t always get the picks to take these players so if you get a chance I think you pull the trigger.

Always been of similar opinion. A lot of the top line half backs are similar too. Stewart, prime Doch, Houston etc

Didn’t a poster specifically state we are in to Datolli?

After the rumour, lots said he’d be a later pick, this list has him at 23

(Log in to remove this ad.)

agree. Although I think berry has shown that he does have midfield qualities. Speed in the forward line is useless if your going to move the ball slowly. People are underrating how good our forward line pressure.
It's the delivery into forward 50 that kills us.

If we could, would you pick KaKo

Really like kako. He converts opportunities others can’t and really plays up tempo. Lots of energy.

I find it really hard to choose between kako and berry. Berry adds a lot of speed in the forward half of ground. Could play high half forward not just close to goal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Tom Gross

Really like kako. He converts opportunities others can’t and really plays up tempo. Lots of energy.

I find it really hard to choose between kako and berry. Berry adds a lot of speed in the forward half of ground. Could play high half forward not just close to goal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Unfortunately it looks like the AFL are going to change the rules again to Essendon's advantage, and Kako will be inaccessible to the other clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back