List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could do worse than picking up the phone to DGB, he'd be cheap and gettable, will be on the way out of the hawks one way or another i'd be thinking at season's end.

Hasn't proven himself yet but that's why he's cheap and gettable.
DGB ???

The ruck rule needs to change. It's horrible how a ruck can just come across the line of the ball and not allow another ruck to compete. Shocking change.
Indeed. Specifically;

18.4 RUCK CONTESTS
18.4.1 Spirit and Intention
The Ruck whose sole objective is to contest the football shall be permitted to do so.
18.4.2 Number of Rucks
Each Team must have no more than one Ruck contesting any centre bounce,
throw-up or boundary throw-in.
18.4.3 Free Kicks - Ruck Contests
A field Umpire shall award a Free Kick in a Ruck contest against a Player where the Player:
(a) who is not a Ruck, contests a throw-up or boundary throw-in;
(b) unduly pushes or bumps an opposition Ruck;
(c) blocks an opposition Ruck;
(d) makes contact with an opposition Ruck prior to the football leaving the field or
boundary Umpire’s hand;
(e) who is a Ruck, enters their attacking half or steps outside the Centre Circle prior
to the field Umpire bouncing or throwing up the football; or
(f) hits the football Out of Bounds On the Full from a throw-up by a field Umpire or a
throw-in by a boundary Umpire.

Yet another Fu**ing rule that the AFL refuse to police

Wouldn't be surprised if you at least tried to pick up denver grainer barrass from us at seasons end. Out of favour and stuck behind a strong defence, hasn't proven himself. Was a pick 6 and highly rated but hasn't put it together. A few injury issues lately also probably haven't helped. Imagine he'd be a cheap trade or DFA proposition
Are you his agent? We get it, thanks

Wouldn't be surprised if you at least tried to pick up denver grainer barrass from us at seasons end. Out of favour and stuck behind a strong defence, hasn't proven himself. Was a pick 6 and highly rated but hasn't put it together. A few injury issues lately also probably haven't helped. Imagine he'd be a cheap trade or DFA proposition

Why would we want to pick up someone ‘out of favour that hasn’t proven themselves & hasn’t put it together’ - your words.

Seriously are you lost! 🙄

Peace Out Goodbye GIF by NETFLIX

Genuine question.

TDK struggled against the man mountain type rucks. How does he strategise and play these types to effect?
Struggled to compete for the tap-out, mainly because of the umpires allowence of OP ruck to block his run at the contest as brilliantly illustrated by Jeff White on Twitter (X);

Around the ground, there is no contest, TDK destroys them.

The ruck rule needs to change. It's horrible how a ruck can just come across the line of the ball and not allow another ruck to compete. Shocking change.
The rule was changed at the beginning of the year by stealth. Laura decided to change it without consultation with the rules committee or with clubs.

It's just another ****ing mess she's created.

Archie Perkins?

Mentally fragile. Bit of a squib.

One of those players with a world of potential but hasn't displayed the mental makeup necessary to fulfill it.

100%

That footage that got posted after the GWS game was so frustrating.

Every centre bounce Briggs just immediately ran 2m across the line of the ball and stopped TDKs run at the ball.

Ruck rules feel broken. When the umpire blows the whistle the players and the fans, have no idea which way the free kick is going to go.

But until they fix the rules we need to give TDK some tactics to combat this blatant blocking. Surely if he holds his run back a couple of seconds and puts his knee into the ribs of anyone who wants to block his space a few times, they may change their tactic quick smart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could do worse than picking up the phone to DGB, he'd be cheap and gettable, will be on the way out of the hawks one way or another i'd be thinking at season's end.

Hasn't proven himself yet but that's why he's cheap and gettable.
And play exactly like Young.

On SM-F946B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Archie Perkins?

One of those players with a world of potential but hasn't displayed the mental makeup necessary to fulfill it.

Possibly but with young talented players I look at like I did with Elijah last year.

Poor environment, lack of opportunity, playing wrong role can really make a big difference.

The question must be with all these players that if we recruit them, do they have upside and can we get the best out of them?

Archie Perkins?

The “I’m not playing for an interstate club” line in his draft year was an insight into his mental fortitude, or lack there of, and a massive red flag for me. Pass.

Archie Perkins?

I'd counter that by saying that's seemingly the case for every single Dons player outside of 1-2. If we were to get the best out of him he'd certainly provide a POD for our midfield mix. Whether or not we could get the best out of him is another story

Struggled to compete for the tap-out, mainly because of the umpires allowence of OP ruck to block his run at the contest as brilliantly illustrated by Jeff White on Twitter (X);

Around the ground, there is no contest, TDK destroys them.

The analysis from White is good and it pisses me off the Kruz wasn’t able to see this or coach it during the game, Briggs is a real good player and a strong man.

I get the frustration with the ruck rule and i was surprised with your posting of the rule, it seemed outdated as i thought that rule was changed this year to allow exactly what many are complaining about, that a ruck can use their strength to hold off an opponent, asa long as they contest the ball.

I do get frustrated though, with the complaint about the treatment of TDK in the ruck, instead of criticism of TDK for not adapting and pushing the boundaries himself. If the rule or the umpires allow this, then our players and coaches need to train for this.

Just on our list, I find it interesting that people are openly critical of weaknesses of some of our players, yet struggle to accept the weaknesses of other players

Every single player on our list (every player in the league) has deficiencies in their game

It's why it's so important to find the right mix to build a cohesive unit
100%. The Hawks were the masters of blending skillsets to achieve the desired mix during their run of success.
I'm probably more open than most to trading out existing players to find a balance between inside muscle/ outside run & attack/defence than most for this reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back