List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be taking 2 maximum in the mid season draft, a speedy fwd/winger type(Szekely :p) and now need some depth in KPD with Doedee/Gardiner out for the season, heaven help us if Harris or Jack went down.

I'd be taking 2 maximum in the mid season draft, a speedy fwd/winger type(Szekely :p) and now need some depth in KPD with Doedee/Gardiner out for the season, heaven help us if Harris or Jack went down.
Mutaz El Nour gone up another level this year after being around the mark for the past couple seasons. Great replacement for Doedee/Gardiner.

Jake Gasper has kicked 2, 3 & 5 goals in the SANFL this year as another small forward option to replace Linc.

Would recruiters talk to them before they nominate?
Yeah, they'd have a degree of knowledge as to how likely they are to be taken and how in demand they are. From memory the top 5-10 options will often nominate 18 months, but after that you get into the guys that just want to be on a list.

Jed Hagan has been kicking goals in the WAFL. Could be a decent Linc replacement/depth
I remember we were linked to Eamon Wilkinson out of the SANFL the year we drafted Kalin Lane. Not sure if we still have interest there but he’s kicking multiple goals a game in the SANFL as a small forward.
Stats comparison in averages per game:

Jed Hagan 2023 (SANFL, 19 games) - 14.7 disposals (60% efficiency), 5.4 tackles, 0.9 goals, 51% scoring accuracy
Eamon Wilkinson 2023 (SANFL, 18 games) - 12.9 disposals (72% efficiency), 6.0 tackles, 0.9 goals, 55% scoring accuracy

Jed Hagan 2024 (WAFL, 5 games) - 12.8 disposals, 2.6 tackles, 2.0 goals, 66% scoring accuracy
Eamon Wilkinson 2024 (SANFL, 5 games) - 11.0 disposals, 4.0 tackles, 1.6 goals, 80% scoring accuracy

Bear in mind Wilkinson is about to turn 24 and Hagan is only 20.

Mutaz El Nour gone up another level this year after being around the mark for the past couple seasons. Great replacement for Doedee/Gardiner.

Jake Gasper has kicked 2, 3 & 5 goals in the SANFL this year as another small forward option to replace Linc.
Jake related to Craig Smoker ?

With Gardiner and Doedee down a key defender is probably needed just for depth purposes. If Kye Turner from Port Melbourne was injury free then he’d be a good pick up.

Also I really like the look of Jack Riding from Werribee for a forward/ wing option that’s ready to go. He can play wing or front half. Can alternate with guys like Lohmann, Sharp and Reville. Give Fletcher more mid minutes as the season progresses.
If only Harry Arnold was still around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's realistic tbh

I just don't know with two years out of the game whether they will give him some VFL time first up and whether, if the season starts early again, he will be maybe a rd 2 or 3.

Random question, are athletes allowed to take any normally banned substances when recovering from injury, or is it the same 24/7 regardless?

Edit: Now I think about it, Warnie was done for taking a diuretic coming back from a shoulder reconstruction trying to make the world cup. Mum's diet pills i.e. also used as a masking agent for steriods.

I just don't know with two years out of the game whether they will give him some VFL time first up and whether, if the season starts early again, he will be maybe a rd 2 or 3.

Oh yeah from that perspective you're not wrong. I think he'll be playing footy by then - be it VFL or AFL. Poor Tom.

Just my view, the depth isn’t there in the midfield draft, to be trying to load up through that mechanism.

The vast majority of players are rookie draft quality and use up valuable list spots come the National draft.

Especially when we will probably look to take extra picks to the draft for points, and then pass on the last two picks and push them in to the rookie draft.

If we already have a full Rookie list, you are curtailing our flexibility come the National Draft.

Or we are faced with delisting extra players come the end of the season.
Agreed; think we’ll need to unearth some players like Linc at other clubs that have the potential to re-invent themselves who are struggling to get a game like Linc was at the Cats. Potentially enquire with Harry Arnold too.

Random question, are athletes allowed to take any normally banned substances when recovering from injury, or is it the same 24/7 regardless?

Edit: Now I think about it, Warnie was done for taking a diuretic coming back from a shoulder reconstruction trying to make the world cup. Mum's diet pills i.e. also used as a masking agent for steriods.
Same rules apply. Guys on injury lists can still get tested.

Same rules apply. Guys on injury lists can still get tested.

Can players get done if they were delisted, took PED’s to get jacked and then got drafted in the mid season draft?

Can players get done if they were delisted, took PED’s to get jacked and then got drafted in the mid season draft?

That 30kg of muscle mass over summer was all natural, you SOB.

we still have joyce as kpd depth.

koen sanchez was a small forward many considered unlucky to get drafted last year. wouldnt mind having a look for small forward depth considering linc's knee and charlie looks like hes playing banged up every week.
I read on the draft board that the best he has done this year is a spot in the WAFL Reserves.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back