List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, I felt similarly when he was appointed - St K refuse to accept its no longer the 80's, and appointing Ross smacked of desperation. And he himself knew full well the whole contract was purely money for jam, with virtually no pressure to perform because....St Kilda
They've always been behind the curve the Saints . I know the Pres. had a sook just to let the members know that he was pushing the AFL hard but wouldn't you look at a club like Brisbane , who were in a more parlous state than the Saints are and think well let's try to replicate what they did. To have a crack the day after we've won the flag is ultra sour grapes

A lot of people have put shit on Joe over the years, especially in the media but I think if and when he does go it will show everyone just how important he was to our success. I always felt comfortable that as long as he was out there up forward we'd have a score in us, even if at times he'd do some dumb shit.
Joe is actually going to be the next host of Footy Classified.

We lost Des Headland to WA after winning a flag and look what happened to him... a cautionary tale!

They've always been behind the curve the Saints . I know the Pres. had a sook just to let the members know that he was pushing the AFL hard but wouldn't you look at a club like Brisbane , who were in a more parlous state than the Saints are and think well let's try to replicate what they did. To have a crack the day after we've won the flag is ultra sour grapes

Anyway the Saints offered Leek Aleer $5 million dollars over six years to join them and no doubt decisions like these play no part in them not being very successful.

Aleer turned it down as well!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't see us making any trade moves what so ever, except to try and gain enough currency to collect Levi and Sam. I also don't understand why there is so little mention of Darcy Fort. The guy plays VFL all year, comes in at the final bell and helps us win a premiership. He knows the game style, the ways of the other players and now knows in his heart and soul he can make it on the biggest stage. The rest of the group love him and he and Big O will be a 1/2 punch to hurt other ruck squads. OK he can't replace Joe but no one can, even if they were available. If it ain't broke don't fix it I say. The less changes the better when trying to go back to back.

I think if he does leave the club would be remiss not to at least ask the question of Lynch.

I know we need picks etc, but the thing we'd have in our favour is we have money to be able to spread out the contract, and I'm sure Richmond would be willing to at least chat about getting a $1.5m player off their books who wont be there next year.

I'm sure between the two clubs they could come to some type of arrangement where maybe we give a little bit more on the pick/salary front, if they give a bit back late to make up the points. The other element to this is them holding pick 1, I'm sure there could be a little wink wink type arrangement not to bid on Levi either.

The idea that we’d pay more than 50% of a player like Lynch’s salary is hilarious 😆

I’m not convinced we’d want him under any circumstances…

For the draft watchers how highly is Annable rated next year?

I know they say you can never have enough mids and generally I agree with this, but I do worry if we keep locking ourselves into these high end mids we’ll have a team full of midfielders with no one to kick to. Similar to the issues the Dogs had for so many years.

So I guess my question is, is there no way you’d be trading next years pick out because he’s that highly rated?
He’s more highly rated by those who watch the QAFL, than most draft watchers I’ve chatted with.

We’ve got another good mid from Vicy Point in the 2026 draft, Matthew Owen.

And another mid for 2027 from Sherwood, Jackson Bridge.

We’ve also got a genuine KPF for 2027 from Sherwood as well, Max Boothey.

There’s quite a few other kids over the 2025 to 2027 years to watch.

Under the new draft matching rules, we’re not going to be able to get them all, and possibly end up with a significant deficit by 2027.

I don't see us making any trade moves what so ever, except to try and gain enough currency to collect Levi and Sam. I also don't understand why there is so little mention of Darcy Fort. The guy plays VFL all year, comes in at the final bell and helps us win a premiership. He knows the game style, the ways of the other players and now knows in his heart and soul he can make it on the biggest stage. The rest of the group love him and he and Big O will be a 1/2 punch to hurt other ruck squads. OK he can't replace Joe but no one can, even if they were available. If it ain't broke don't fix it I say. The less changes the better when trying to go back to back.
I'm resonating a bit with this.

I had hopes that the 2 rucks could work for us until Joe turned up.

There's only one Joe so any thoughts of replacing him are fantasy , but maybe we can go about it another way.

I actually think Joe is the hardest player to replace. We almost have to change our entire game plan. Guys that athletic, that tall and that talented don’t grow on trees.
Like for like I’d agree that Joe would be the hardest to replace, he has a very rare skill set. It’s definitely not plan A, but I think we could potentially work around it somewhat. Oscar / Fort forward could combine for 30+ goals, and make our F50 stoppage more effective, having the small pick up the rest of the slack.

Whereas Harris going out, I just can’t imagine us coming anywhere close with Payne / Joyce as our key backs, or finding a replacement to fill the void.

Why the dislike for Tom Lynch?

I haven’t heard anything bad about him off field, and I can’t recall him doing anything worse than what Zorko has done on the field.
Stomping on Harris Andrews' head hardly his finest moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back