List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Whinging works:

Hard to see how perryman won't be Band 1 as well - likely we are out to Pick 20.

That’s genuinely just a priority pick for the saints. Hilarious.

How do the Saints feel that every other club is penalised for Battle leaving and having their picks pushed back?
That one is easy - zero shots are given, same as I would feel if we lost someone and got top compo instead of getting shafted for Rocky.

I wouldn't even give up a pick in the 20's for Battle.

Farcical.

How do the Saints feel that every other club is penalised for Battle leaving and having their picks pushed back?

With our squad i wouldn't want him at all

I don't get it at all. Was horrible both times we played them this year

Cooney is a goose, but FWIW Zac is the one that if other clubs came sniffing and if he was interested in entertaining anything, then I'd also consider what those offers were.

Zac is loved here so it's dangerous mentioning him, but I am in the same camp. I'd prefer to lose him over a Starcevich for example.

With our squad i wouldn't want him at all

I don't get it at all. Was horrible both times we played them this year

There will be a ton of hype on the Hawks next year and Barass should be a good pickup. But Battle - I think will just be fine?

Frankly if Frosty didn't have the maverick streak that I love him for, I think he's a better option as he can play on taller types. Battle is just pure average.

Dev, Prior, Tunstill for Oscar Allen?

They get three young guns and we get an injury riddled tall. Seems a win win to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The pseudo priority picks the last two years for very average defenders has been way over the top. I know people will go on about the cap expansion but its completely crazy to be paying guys like McKay and Battle 900k+ a year for several years. Several other players must be looking at them and wanting out the door as they are getting screwed

The pseudo priority picks the last two years for very average defenders has been way over the top. I know people will go on about the cap expansion but its completely crazy to be paying guys like McKay and Battle 900k+ a year for several years. Several other players must be looking at them and wanting out the door as they are getting screwed

I think it shows that either the salary cap is too big or the bulk of footballers are underpaid in comparison to these guys

Free agency shouldn't be getting used to get average footballers way too much money

Classic AFL not reacting to a problem because they get more content out of it. Caps gone up so there is more $ to throw around - but player salaries didn't immediately increase with the cap increase.

So a player earning 900k in a FA contract now is being compared with player salaries that were negotiated 2-3 years ago, and aren't being benchmarked against what salaries will likely be in future years.

At the end of the day it has hurt us the least of basically anyone, but sucks to be picking just after the saints in the draft this year.

Classic AFL not reacting to a problem because they get more content out of it. Caps gone up so there is more $ to throw around - but player salaries didn't immediately increase with the cap increase.

So a player earning 900k in a FA contract now is being compared with player salaries that were negotiated 2-3 years ago, and aren't being benchmarked against what salaries will likely be in future years.

At the end of the day it has hurt us the least of basically anyone, but sucks to be picking just after the saints in the draft this year.

That’s very glass half full Tom. On the flip side, st Kilda getting picks in before you means the draft busts will likely be snapped up.

Eh. Don’t worry about these salaries. It will be the new norm. They’ve just managed themselves extremely well to take full advantage of it. B graders getting paid yesteryears A grade salary. Good on them.

The AFL screwed up in not adjusting the cap compo methodology though big time. Should have had some sort of salary cap price escalation mechanism inserted but it obviously seems they “forgot”.

It looks really bad after the Saint head nodder whinged about all the rorts in the game last night.

Eh. Don’t worry about these salaries. It will be the new norm. They’ve just managed themselves extremely well to take full advantage of it. B graders getting paid yesteryears A grade salary. Good on them.

The AFL screwed up in not adjusting the cap compo methodology though big time. Should have had some sort of salary cap price escalation mechanism inserted but it obviously seems they “forgot”.

It looks really bad after the Saint head nodder whinged about all the rorts in the game last night.

It's convenient AFL blindness to the problem to allow more trade/FA content. Absolute masters they are.

Problem was very very obvious and predictable last year - as you say they should be scaling up the comparison salaries consistent with teh cap increase.

Darragh Joyce - Forward material?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back