List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t think I’d find someone dumber than Adam Cooney. Turns out he wasn’t even the dumbest one in the room. His offsider walked out, he was that insulted with the deal offered up for Harry McKay 😂😂😂.

Left field but...what about Taylor Walker? He could definitely fill a hole for a season while Morris develops.

Left field but...what about Taylor Walker? He could definitely fill a hole for a season while Morris develops.

Already signed up for his superannuation year with the Crows. Need him to stay there too taking up targets and pissing of F*****y so he doesn't re-sign.

The assumption seems to be that Fagan and the Lions are so dumb we have to replace like for like with Joe.

Every Premiership winner in history has every other team in the off season go to work on their style, try to sneak out their mid range players, coaches and medical team to get a piece of the knowledge that wins a premiership. Every Premiership team knows, or should know change is inevitable, change is necessary, if you don't change other teams will have worked you out and just pass you bye.

The lions this year were known for the 'probing' their uncontested marking behind the play until the lazy opposition player was found up the ground then the trigger was pulled and in they went. Late in the season, in the finals, it became necessary to pull the trigger anyway, "helter skelter' became a term associated with Brisbane - just go, go forward and Ashcroft led the way with forward handball and overlap up the corridor with speed.

We will have an even better mid field next year, more confident, more brazen, more speed. To think we are going to bomb it in like a year ago, to play down the line without confidence when the going gets tough like we did 3 years ago - No those times are gone.

Next season we need some tweaking of our game plan. We will have some 'rebuilt' players back (Coleman, Doodee, Big O etc), some kids with more development (Morris and Smith) and some new kids we haven't seen at this level (Ashcroft, Marshall). Many of us over the year underestimated Fagan and said he didn't make changes, but he does, some so subtle we may not see them but look where our midfielders were in the Grand Final they ran so hard into defence, Neal even took a mark on their goal line. Covering Zorko's 'loose checking' was brilliant.

Let's not be stuck on whom can replace Joe, there are no other Byron Bay 'hippies' in the league. Let's think what change we make to not be 'predictable' what different game style will we have the other teams wont have planned for. Everyone says you need an 'interceptor' in your backline, maybe even 2 these days and that is the trade scramble now already - Do You? What if the midfield your playing has a forward handball game and overlaps and they come at you from any angle, they come hard and fast and its no longer about how many inside 50' but is about how many go through on the run or land in the square. We are crap set shots at goal, ok, let's make the majority on the run.

Fagan, I've changed, is brilliant, he is great reader of history and understand the big picture stuff on team success and strategy and he gathers a great team under him that understands an implements. Bottom line, I think Joe's retirement, sad as it is, is actually a good thing, we must now change, can change and be unpredictable for the start of 2025.

Trade Radio is that shit that they mentioned Tom Hawkins yesterday.

The assumption seems to be that Fagan and the Lions are so dumb we have to replace like for like with Joe.

Every Premiership winner in history has every other team in the off season go to work on their style, try to sneak out their mid range players, coaches and medical team to get a piece of the knowledge that wins a premiership. Every Premiership team knows, or should know change is inevitable, change is necessary, if you don't change other teams will have worked you out and just pass you bye.

The lions this year were known for the 'probing' their uncontested marking behind the play until the lazy opposition player was found up the ground then the trigger was pulled and in they went. Late in the season, in the finals, it became necessary to pull the trigger anyway, "helter skelter' became a term associated with Brisbane - just go, go forward and Ashcroft led the way with forward handball and overlap up the corridor with speed.

We will have an even better mid field next year, more confident, more brazen, more speed. To think we are going to bomb it in like a year ago, to play down the line without confidence when the going gets tough like we did 3 years ago - No those times are gone.

Next season we need some tweaking of our game plan. We will have some 'rebuilt' players back (Coleman, Doodee, Big O etc), some kids with more development (Morris and Smith) and some new kids we haven't seen at this level (Ashcroft, Marshall). Many of us over the year underestimated Fagan and said he didn't make changes, but he does, some so subtle we may not see them but look where our midfielders were in the Grand Final they ran so hard into defence, Neal even took a mark on their goal line. Covering Zorko's 'loose checking' was brilliant.

Let's not be stuck on whom can replace Joe, there are no other Byron Bay 'hippies' in the league. Let's think what change we make to not be 'predictable' what different game style will we have the other teams wont have planned for. Everyone says you need an 'interceptor' in your backline, maybe even 2 these days and that is the trade scramble now already - Do You? What if the midfield your playing has a forward handball game and overlaps and they come at you from any angle, they come hard and fast and its no longer about how many inside 50' but is about how many go through on the run or land in the square. We are crap set shots at goal, ok, let's make the majority on the run.

Fagan, I've changed, is brilliant, he is great reader of history and understand the big picture stuff on team success and strategy and he gathers a great team under him that understands an implements. Bottom line, I think Joe's retirement, sad as it is, is actually a good thing, we must now change, can change and be unpredictable for the start of 2025.
The other guy on our list who I haven't seen mentioned much as far as a rejigging of our playing style with Joe retiring is Bruce Reville.... showed some awesome signs this season when fit.

Didn’t think I’d find someone dumber than Adam Cooney. Turns out he wasn’t even the dumbest one in the room. His offsider walked out, he was that insulted with the deal offered up for Harry McKay 😂😂😂.

I heard it like his offsider thought that was too low of an offer and that's why he was pissed.

I think those suggesting we go smaller probably don't realise how small we are already. Replace Joe in the GF team with a small and we basically only have 4 genuine KPPs or rucks

What if one of them gets injured?

There's no doubt we are bringing a tall in. Not everyone is going to like who it is, but we will be bringing one in. We have to, based on that fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was Danniher the captain of Essendon and did we win the premiership the year before? There's a sliding scale and for sure Danniher was on it, but I would say we wouldn't have won a flag without him. I wouldn't say the same for Lynch and the tigers.

Lynch isn't the only one in that basket, you can add Frawley (melb to hawks) even Caracella (ess to us). I'm sure there are more too.
I love Joe (but using him as an example as to why i have no issue with Lynch). Joe played 15 games in his last 3 seasons at Essendon while they supported him through his injury seasons. Just when he came good he bailed out to a team knocking on the door of a premiership to finish his career on a high. If we’d won last year he would have retired after 3 years with us as soon as he helped to get us there. Essendon may have played finals if they retained him.
Lynch gave Gold Coast arguably better service than Joe gave Essendon. He was at Richmond for 2 GF’s, and has stuck around for 4 years following so paid back Richmond (though injuries have hit).

I think Lynch suffers on these boards for a few dirty on field acts, plus he’s being asked to replace a Joe who is arguably at his peak- and he’s very likeable on and off field. As for being a mercenary… I don’t think so.
(But we can agree to disagree!).

I think those suggesting we go smaller probably don't realise how small we are already. Replace Joe in the GF team with a small and we basically only have 4 genuine KPPs or rucks

Hopefully they can the sub and go to 5 on the bench. We can have the extra ruck that plays 60% game time max so get the benefits of going small without Hippy or Dunks ever having to relief ruck in the middle.

I love Joe (but using him as an example as to why i have no issue with Lynch). Joe played 15 games in his last 3 seasons at Essendon while they supported him through his injury seasons. Just when he came good he bailed out to a team knocking on the door of a premiership to finish his career on a high. If we’d won last year he would have retired after 3 years with us as soon as he helped to get us there. Essendon may have played finals if they retained him.
Lynch gave Gold Coast arguably better service than Joe gave Essendon. He was at Richmond for 2 GF’s, and has stuck around for 4 years following so paid back Richmond (though injuries have hit).

I think Lynch suffers on these boards for a few dirty on field acts, plus he’s being asked to replace a Joe who is arguably at his peak- and he’s very likeable on and off field. As for being a mercenary… I don’t think so.
(But we can agree to disagree!).
Both players spent a similar amount of time at their first clubs. I think the nature of Dannihers choice to move to Brisbane (be out of the limelight), rather then Lynch's (get into the limelight) is what displays the most about their character to me. That's probably the fundamental reason why I dislike Lynch but don't dislike Danniher.

But as you said agree to disagree haha.

I’m feeling we believe we did that last year with Ryan

For once I agree with you. We are thin on proven talent. Got some late pick talls but can’t rely on them to stand up in a premiership defence.

Scared for Big O if he has to go solo. Not a huge fan of Fort the Forward. Reality is we don’t have anyone on the list who could play forward and chop out in ruck for 5 minutes a quarter. Smith I guess but he’s still so young. I think this role is a MUST for modern footy and in particular our team.

I think Tabener is a big chance of landing at the Lions as a DFA. Even for back up.

Can't wait for the melts if we decide to not recruit anyone

"Fagan has no idea"
"this admin needs to be sacked"
"need a new coach"
"our list management is horrible"
"Daniher is so selfish"

Can't wait for the melts if we decide to not recruit anyone

"Fagan has no idea"
"this admin needs to be sacked"
"need a new coach"
"our list management is horrible"
"Daniher is so selfish"
Surely people would understand that our pick is now pick 21 we invested in talls last off season in Ryan Morris and Lloyd the 5 bench spot is now likely to be an open position meaning we can carry 2 rucks in a game

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back