List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m feeling we believe we did that last year with Ryan
agree, we went with Like for like when we were not the premiership team, I think Fagan and the team thought they had the right model and backed that up. Now we won with that model we have to move on. Ryan is not Joe, I think we all agree that so what's next.

Can't wait for the melts if we decide to not recruit anyone

"Fagan has no idea"
"this admin needs to be sacked"
"need a new coach"
"our list management is horrible"
"Daniher is so selfish"
I say right now - I support not recruiting a tall forward from the scrap heap - time to move on and do something different. I think Morris and Smith are one strategy but there are others.

I say right now - I support not recruiting a tall forward from the scrap heap - time to move on and do something different. I think Morris and Smith are one strategy but there are others.
I’m not sure if true but I heard somewhere Smith kicked 40 goals in the VFL this year I think he’s name is Jack Hevran

I’m still all aboard the Smith train. It took Kai like 5-6 games to kick his first ever goal and he is looking great now with the time and faith put into him.

Smith is a very promising ruck who towelled up Marshall in the second half against the Saints this year with five clearances in the half. The best part is that Oscar is very talented up forward and is pretty good at the intercept mark down back. We could even do what Geelong did on 2022, where Stanley took the centre bounce, dropped back in defence as a spare and he and Blicavs rucked one half of the ground each.

Oscar is 30 and we have a genuine opportunity to blood a high potential young ruck with a forward line that can kick a lot of goals. I don’t want a Casboult or Lynch where they’ll just retire at the same time as many others on our list.

Re leading goal kickers from the VFL season all I can find is that Billy Gowers kicked 50 goals as the leader, can not find a complete list. Would be good to have a look at say the top 5 leading goal kickers from all the State Leagues.

#hammelmann

I'm on my phone so it's a pain in the arse to search for shite.

Madden returning to Ireland, Lane and Michael delisted
Michael I’m probably disappointed in the most best of luck to Madden great pace but we have depth in that position

Madden returning to Ireland, Lane and Michael delisted
Sad for Carter Michael never got a decent crack due to injury.

I am also sure that the club will continue to support Kalin Lane through his ACL rehabilitation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Michael I’m probably disappointed in the most best of luck to Madden great pace but we have depth in that position
Michael needs to get his body right and play well in the VFL or SANFL. Has the talent to be on an AFL list.

Yeah you'd assume we either see some value or there's a chance he stays

More surprised about Craven and to a lesser extent Beecken not being mentioned
A couple of clubs have had two rounds of delistees so they aren’t safe yet.

As for Madden; no doubt saw the writing on the wall and sounds like started making plans back in Ireland hence his decision, which I’d have thought he’d have been delisted anyway. Win win for both parties.

A couple of clubs have had two rounds of delistees so they aren’t safe yet.

As for Madden; no doubt saw the writing on the wall and sounds like started making plans back in Ireland hence his decision, which I’d have thought he’d have been delisted anyway. Win win for both parties.
Madden had electric pace... all time fastest 20 meter sprint at any AFL draft combine, unfortunately he was one of those guys who couldn't put it into consistent practice on game day.

Re leading goal kickers from the VFL season all I can find is that Billy Gowers kicked 50 goals as the leader, can not find a complete list. Would be good to have a look at say the top 5 leading goal kickers from all the State Leagues.

#hammelmann

I'm on my phone so it's a pain in the arse to search for shite.
Hammelmann with 70 Goals in the QAFL. Not sure how many games. I think that ship has sailed though, from what has been relayed to me (no direct link) he lost interest in playing in the AFL years ago.

Hammelmann with 70 Goals in the QAFL. Not sure how many games. I think that ship has sailed though, from what has been relayed to me (no direct link) he lost interest in playing in the AFL years ago.
That's low for Hammer, he missed a around 4-6 games due to injury late in the season.

Yer well known that he lost the passion for elite level footy. Maybe a chance at an AFL flag could sway him to have a 1 season red hot crack at pre season training.

E = mc2 and a projectile vomit - the best speech I ever saw delivered.

I was a young marketing manager at a sales conference in a well known resort at Tweed Heads. The first session on the second morning was a speaker from the sales force. They asked him to speak as he had just won salesman of the year in his first year and they wanted him to tell what it was like to come from an outside competitive industry into a telecommunications giant with 95% market share.

Let's call him Brains as was his nickname, he gave this speech for 20 minutes, dry reaching most of the way, he held the audience breathless with his version of E=mc2 and the fact he might vomit right there on the lectern. His view of E=mc2 was that if he didn't improve his knowledge every day and keep educating himself then the new competitors into the industry would be doing that and would simply pass him by. He had come from selling rugby League calendars for pub walls and only if he sold 100 would they actually be printed. The audience, all long term non-competitive sales people facing competition for the first time got the message, they were stunned and applauded at the end with this concept of continual improvement every year, even if you were number 1.

Brains finished his speech, during the applause he sprinted from the lecturn out the main doors and vomited in the resort swimming pool in front of everyone. The point was well made though, if you keep doing what you always do sooner rather than later someone will do it better. Everyone now knows the Lions style, call us Telstra, Hawthorn have a style, a young team delivering that style and now have the couple of cogs they were missing - let's call the Optus or Vodaphone - they are coming, we must change and improve, not be same same.

Stuart Dew is a great addition, Fagan has been in a multiple premiership environment. We are well set to face Brain's concept of E =mc2, I expect them to delivering something different.

PS; Brian came to live with my wife and I, he was going to stay a fortnight wile moving apartments and 2 years later he left. He won the best sale award both the next 2 years also. He lived hard and played harder and I saw him vomit many times in our front yard and pulled him from a few bar fights. I heard a few years later he won the lotto, left sales forever and moved overseas.

Get your money on the Lions again this year, we will be fine and Joe leaving just pumps up the odds.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back